Difficulty Increment

#1AlexEternalChamPosted 5/21/2013 4:13:06 AM
I would like to know if anybody knows how many times does the difficulty keep rising every time you finish the BBI (all my runs were on hard).

The first time it was all right the monsters were nothing special not easy but definetly not scary hard ( i was 125 assasin)

After I finished the BBI island once the difficulty had a huge spike every room had more and stronger mobs etc.

I finished the second BBI on hard at level 160 and now on my third run and HOWLY SMOKES.....

One of the very first rooms i remember in the first run had a cockatrice and a couple goblins (with a garm spawning)

On my second run it was a gore chimera with a couple extra mobs (and 2 garms spawning)

AND NOW on my third run it had 2 gorecyclops 5 of those blueish harpies (tier 4 or 5 harpies) and 3 GARMS WHICH spawned right from the start of the battle.....

So out of coriosity will it become even harder if i finish this run? cuz if it does it will almost be unplayably hard lmfao xD

Also i'm 160 with pretty decent gear and A LOT OF monsters 1-2 shot ko me is a pain xD on this third run lol.
#2DrNick2008Posted 5/21/2013 8:45:27 AM
In my experience, the difficulty increased after the second run as well (even the third). It was around the fourth or fifth run when it stabilized, I think. I've been through BBI several times now, and it's difficulty is no longer increasing for me.
---
There's no zodiacal sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#3auldfhartePosted 5/21/2013 8:46:31 AM
I'm pretty sure that this game is meant to level up with you so it's going to get more challenging, even for those at level 200. I don't know if it caps at some point. Being a MA I don't have to get in the thick of things 'till I willow down the monsters a bit, which helps a lot. MA is sooooo much better in DA than DD, that's for sure. I may change vocations and do a sorcery run.
---
"There be no butter in hell!"-CCF
#4DrNick2008Posted 5/21/2013 9:00:13 AM
auldfharte posted...
I'm pretty sure that this game is meant to level up with you

No. The game does not "level up" with you. Just participating in the Gransys main quests at successively higher levels is clear evidence of that.

Many, many folks (on both the DD and DA boards) have commented on the fact that the BBI content does increase with successive run-throughs. I started The Island at lvl 200, and it was hard the first time, even harder the next times, and so on until about the 4th or 5th time. If the game "leveled up", as you posted, then the difficulty for me (and the many other long time lvl 200 players) would not have changed from one run-through to the next. It clearly did.

The BBI content is clearly designed to get more difficult the more you go through it until a point, at which it then stabilizes. It has nothing to do with your level. :)
---
#5AlexEternalCham(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 1:47:14 PM
out of coriosity if i start a new cycle (basically start the story from scratch) will the BBI difficulty reset?

Because at this point it simply just way to long to go through BBI due to not having appropriate gear. And despite the fact that is duable i don't like staying in a room for 10-20 minutes being careful on dodging 90% of the time and attack every once in a while, it just becomes frustrating....
#6DrNick2008Posted 5/21/2013 2:01:03 PM
AlexEternalCham posted...
out of coriosity if i start a new cycle (basically start the story from scratch) will the BBI difficulty reset?

From what I've read of other folks reporting (I haven't tried it personally yet), that when you start a NG+, everything gets reset... including everything on The Island (quests, cutscenes, difficulty).

I am thinking about starting a NG+ again, myself... if for no other reason than it would be nice to see blue skies again in Gransys. :)
---
#7DrNick2008Posted 5/21/2013 2:10:08 PM
AlexEternalCham posted...
Because at this point it simply just way to long to go through BBI due to not having appropriate gear. And despite the fact that is duable i don't like staying in a room for 10-20 minutes being careful on dodging 90% of the time and attack every once in a while, it just becomes frustrating....

I guess I don't understand your situation. I think I read above that you are a lvl 160 assassin. That alone should make you well strong enough to handle the 3rd, or 4th, or 5th run-throughs of The Island. Maybe you should look at your Arisen's set-up, skills, augments, equipment and that of you pawn (vocation, inclination, augments, etc) as well. Also, maybe your selection of a pawn team probably needs to be looked at as well.

Maybe you should start a thread specifically asking advice on your set-up, and that of your pawn. There are A LOT of long-time high level assassins playing that could give you good advice to help you out with your difficulty.

I would suggest that you post this on the DD board though, and not the DA board. Folks over there have been playing much longer and about 99% have switched to DA. IMO, you get better information and help there..... plus, that GF board in particular is one of the nicest and most helpful boards I've ever run across. Seriously. :)
---
#8auldfhartePosted 5/21/2013 6:25:27 PM
DrNick2008 posted...

The BBI content is clearly designed to get more difficult the more you go through it until a point, at which it then stabilizes. It has nothing to do with your level. :)

Well, that's kinda what I meant, so sorry if I used "level up" in an incorrect manner. I just noticed it would get harder the more I played, at least for BBI. It did stabilize, and I noticed it just seems to rotate enemies. i.e. one run in the abandoned city will have a wyvern and living armor's blocking the streets with minotaurs flanking the door. Next will be minotaurs in the streets with living armor's at the door. That's about it.
---
"There be no butter in hell!"-CCF
#9DrJawlessPosted 5/21/2013 7:29:16 PM
Its been the same for me since my second playthrough started for the last 5 runs.
---
I'd imagine some quack telling you that you have "multiple personalities" and "psychotic tendencies" would be pretty annoying. - Fishystick
#10AtomicPenguin76Posted 5/21/2013 8:14:33 PM
I'm on my third run through and I take noticeably more damage from enemies on this run. I also got an unexpected level 3 weapon from a firewyrm in the room where the rarefying guy stands before beating Daimon, so it's still sort of worth it.

The second run is the same as the first run, but with some harder monsters that appear. The third run feels like the 2nd with the difficulty switched to Hard, and rewards to match. It's not oppressively hard, but it's definitely not the same as the 2nd run.