What bad/funny habits has your Pawn learned?

#1Toji_no_BoushiPosted 6/29/2013 1:33:28 AM
I have molded my Pawn to my playstyle.
Sometimes, however, I make a mistake and they will copy that one bad decision if not corrected.

Today, this happened with hilarious results.
My Pawn is a fighter that tends to be apathetic toward what hired Pawns do.
I have one hired sorcerer Pawn from my husband's account, and a mage Pawn from my alt gamertag.

I am near the Abbey, just having handed the goblins and Chimera a big 'old can of buttwhup. The area is still infested with deer, tho
I am hunting them to gather meat for the fight with ogres after night falls when I accidentally pick up one of the deer.
I toss it away with the intent to kill it, but it is caught by my husband's Pawn.
"I have it!" he yells. He then tosses it away to which my alt Mage Pawn catches it in mid air.
They begin tossing it back and forth in some strange game of catch.
Weird, but it looks like fun. I get in on the game and we are going back and forth.
Finally, my Pawn jumps in and joins the game. Four way game of toss! Yay.

This lasted till I accidentally killed the deer. Oops. ;_;
So this is going to be a "thing" for us now. I want to see if I can do this with boars.
Tossing around the 'old pigskin, Dragon's Dogma style.
#2closetblondePosted 6/29/2013 1:34:33 AM
That is hilarious. I have *never* seen a pawn play catch with a deer!
#3CaptainPiettPosted 6/29/2013 11:17:48 AM
In BBI, Emma loves to jump on the Giant Poisioned Undead and start smacking away. How much so?

I used Dragon's Maw, knocked one off a bridge, and she went jumping after it off the bridge to fight it...
#4mooninomicsPosted 6/29/2013 12:48:30 PM
My pawn hardly ever talks in combat anymore. However, she tends to jabber on after the fight like you wouldn't believe.

*gets blindsided by a direwolf*
*is hammering buttons and the stick to release self from direwolf's jaws*
*pawn just stares at me as I struggle*
*breaks free, no help from any of the pawns*
*lights direwolf on fire*
"Look out master! Direwolves!"

- _ -
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#5aureliano17Posted 6/29/2013 2:40:16 PM
You can play catch with deer and boars. Sadly, when you throw people, pawns will catch them, but not throw them back. Bah.

My pawn acquired a really annoying behavior this week. You know these circular arenas in Bitterblack Isle? The ones with treasure chests right near the edge of death pits? Whenever I approach those chests, my pawn will follow me, then jump off the edge and die.
#6Toji_no_Boushi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 3:18:32 PM
aureliano17 posted...
You can play catch with deer and boars. Sadly, when you throw people, pawns will catch them, but not throw them back. Bah.

I found out the reason why they stop playing or won't play at all.
They will toss someone around till they get irritated. Once the boar became irritated, they would but it down rather than throw it. Humans don't like being picked up, boars become hostile. Deer run away but don't seem to get hostile quickly.

They seemed to learn this as quickly as they did for breaking boxes and barrels.
Something the Arisen does, Mimic it.
Throwing has also been my way to dispatch some enemies. Spiders, snakes, wolves...
I may not get an item drop, but when it's the XP that I want, it pops up to say that fall damage was successful.
#7AngryOldFeralPosted 6/29/2013 9:46:33 PM
Whenever I switch my pawn over to Fighter (double sword n' board FTW) she seems completely hellbent to launch EVERYONE up with the shield-catapult move. Like, it doesn't even matter who... or what. She's launched mages up to grab onto monsters, she's launched me when I was trying to move in for a quick Dragon's Maw, etc.

She is determined to help hurl people at monsters, no matter how impractical it may be at the time. I may have to take her off of Fighter....

...or hire MORE fighters to let her watch how it's done...
---
Smoking Ghost / Feral Manx
Proud Outcast of Capcom Unity
#8Fear_AwakensPosted 6/30/2013 12:47:28 AM
It depends on her vocation, but when Monica is a Mage, she's a mother hen. She's constantly asking people if they're alright or if they need help, buffing us constantly, and making sure that everybody is at full health. She's also been seen throwing flasks of water on enemies before attacking them with High Levin, which I found absolutely delightful.

However, as a Fighter, her personality takes a turn for the worse. I could not believe how cruel she was as a Fighter, regardless of how hilarious it might have been.

She quite literally grabbed one of my rent-a-pawns and used it for a living shield, deflecting arrows with the rent-a-pawn, then kicking it forward to stagger the bandit that had been taking shots at her and smashing its face in her shield. She's used enemies as meat shields before, too, but it was particularly hilarious when she used the rent-a-pawn. She frequently stuns smaller enemies that she can lift with her shield before putting them over her shoulder and chucking them off a cliff, or failing that, a pool of water. It's absolutely brilliant. I've seen her grab corpses and throw them at the surviving enemies, and she frequently chucks items when she has them. I gave her those 60 skulls to hold for me, and when I went to sell them, there were only 23 left.

She's also no stranger to using periapts, so I have to be sure not to give them to her if I really want them. She uses any Periapts I give her, not just Conquerer and Demon, so sometimes she'll be hit by something I expect to take her down and she barely even notices and keeps on trucking.

Given that she has a fairly delicate frame, it's the last thing I'd expected from her, especially since her personality is still so friendly and helpful while her actions are so deliberately brutal.
---
"Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness." - Masamune Date
#9DatDarkOnePosted 6/30/2013 8:25:41 AM
Fear_Awakens posted...
It depends on her vocation, but when Monica is a Mage, she's a mother hen. She's constantly asking people if they're alright or if they need help, buffing us constantly, and making sure that everybody is at full health. She's also been seen throwing flasks of water on enemies before attacking them with High Levin, which I found absolutely delightful.

However, as a Fighter, her personality takes a turn for the worse. I could not believe how cruel she was as a Fighter, regardless of how hilarious it might have been.

She quite literally grabbed one of my rent-a-pawns and used it for a living shield, deflecting arrows with the rent-a-pawn, then kicking it forward to stagger the bandit that had been taking shots at her and smashing its face in her shield. She's used enemies as meat shields before, too, but it was particularly hilarious when she used the rent-a-pawn. She frequently stuns smaller enemies that she can lift with her shield before putting them over her shoulder and chucking them off a cliff, or failing that, a pool of water. It's absolutely brilliant. I've seen her grab corpses and throw them at the surviving enemies, and she frequently chucks items when she has them. I gave her those 60 skulls to hold for me, and when I went to sell them, there were only 23 left.

She's also no stranger to using periapts, so I have to be sure not to give them to her if I really want them. She uses any Periapts I give her, not just Conquerer and Demon, so sometimes she'll be hit by something I expect to take her down and she barely even notices and keeps on trucking.

Given that she has a fairly delicate frame, it's the last thing I'd expected from her, especially since her personality is still so friendly and helpful while her actions are so deliberately brutal.

I never thought that the vocation could effect their demeanor. I will have to see what happens to mine when I change her to Mage.
---
It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for.
GT: DatDarkOne Pawn: Alita Alt: CujoGojiro Pawn: Cujo
#10closetblondePosted 6/30/2013 10:22:44 AM
When I changed Reimi into a mage she took a major hissy fit and refused to cast ANY spells. Instead she would use her staff to hit things to death.

It was very funny seeing her climb a Golem and smash it's head shield off with her staff.