Pawn for a Sorcerer?

#1Neverwinter27Posted 6/30/2013 12:55:35 AM
Anyone have recommendations to make a main Pawn for a Sorcerer player? like their personalities, and class?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJTdNA-Btig
#2pweidmanPosted 6/30/2013 5:26:01 AM
A Fighter would work well. You need time to position and cast, and he/she will get that for you often if you set up the right inclinations. Scather or Challenger first, then the other or mitigator. You do not want Guardian TC. It makes the pawns too passive, and most won't rent any pawn with that inclination, especially a tank-like pawn. Good Luck. :)
---
GT= PWEID5
#3aureliano17Posted 6/30/2013 4:09:30 PM
Or just go straight for another Sorcerer, to help with dual (or triple, or cuadruple) casting.

Sorcerers are best with Utilitarian and Scather inclinations, so they enchant weapons and focus on the larger monsters with more HP. A Mitigator Sorcerer is just awful and annoying, unless he's not using any of the big spells.
#4DrNick2008Posted 6/30/2013 5:41:51 PM(edited)
aureliano17 posted...
Sorcerers are best with Utilitarian and Scather inclinations

No no no no no no NO! This is such AWFUL advice!

Do not make a sorcerer pawn with Scather anywhere in their inclination. This promotes a tendency to climb monsters. Sorcerers cannot cast spells while climbing monsters. The few proponent of scather sorcerers always say that they've never seen sorcerers climb. I can tell you (as can any of the board vets on the DD or DA boards) that sorcerer pawns with Scather CAN and DO climb monsters, completely negating they're otherwise valuable skills. Let your Scather Striders go after the smaller melee monsters or climb the bigger ones.

You want sorcerer pawn far in the back so that they can get their spells off without getting interrupted. You also want them going after the big game first (ranged, magic and the big enemies) first. Utilitarian keeps sorcerers furthest back and Challenger has them go after the biggies first. As such, the best sorcerer inclination that does all that AND promotes the most effective spell sync'ing with other sorcerers is Utilitarian/Challenger.
---
There's no zodiacal sign called Nesbitt.
GT: Dr Nick 1971
#5aureliano17Posted 6/30/2013 6:33:45 PM
I suppose that's good advice. Still, my sorcerer never climbs monsters. Never, ever. Ever. Perhaps because of the full bestiary knowledge.
#6DrNick2008Posted 6/30/2013 8:53:35 PM
aureliano17 posted...
...my sorcerer never climbs monsters. Never, ever. Ever. Perhaps because of the full bestiary knowledge.

Well, I've rented a lot of sorcerer pawns in the nearly 10 months I've been playing this game.... including many scather sorcerer pawns. Most of them had full bestiary knowledge and I would say that over 75% climbed monsters... despite the insistent prior protestations of their creators that "MY scather sorcerer pawn NEVER climbs"... Yeah right. Lol :P
---
#7pweidmanPosted 6/30/2013 10:02:43 PM
I've rented a few Sorcerers who have climbed as well, and I didn't realize I guess, that it was the scather primary that was responsible for that. Interesting to say the least.

And Dr. Nick you never recommended a pawn. Did I miss it? Curious as to your rec. :)
---
GT= PWEID5
#8DrNick2008Posted 6/30/2013 10:26:29 PM
pweidman posted...
And Dr. Nick you never recommended a pawn. Did I miss it? Curious as to your rec. :)

I'd choose either a strider or a mage (to eventually become a sorcerer). Striders, because they give both good melee support, they climb like squirrels (when they're Scather), and ranged attacks when needed. Mage (at first then sorcerer) because having multiple sorcerers in a party (once you've leveled up a bit and have a high rank) are just so devastating.
---
#9KarathraxPosted 7/1/2013 1:56:08 AM
When I was a Sorcerer and leveling as such in the beginning of my game, I had a ranger for a main pawn and rented a Mage and a Warrior to round out my party. Once I switched to MK, though, I either ran with Ranger and two sorcerers, or three Sorcerers, since I was now in the tank/high DPS role.
---
GT/PSN: Karathrax, Alt: Sekhmeti
#10Neverwinter27(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 7:02:02 PM
how do I get Utilitarian/Challenger for my pawn?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJTdNA-Btig