About Fast Travel

#1wickdawg01Posted 4/9/2013 12:19:34 PM
I heard that they have improved the fast travel in Dark Arisen. Does anyone know what that means exaclty?

Like can you now fast travel to places you have already been? Or have they just given you more means to fast travel?
---
Karma will come to your house and wreck up the place.
------TimEnchanter
#2NiakaiNPosted 4/9/2013 1:01:57 PM
I think it was more of those stones you place as fast travel markers
---
When you're dead, think it'll matter who cared you died?
#3prince_nagashPosted 4/9/2013 1:33:45 PM
You know that default port crystal in Gran Soren?

Apparently they are putting more of those in front of other cities right off the bat so you won't need a Port Crystal to mark cities.
#4Whovian126Posted 4/9/2013 2:10:16 PM
Well there only was two cities and btw when they said improved travel they meant that if you transfer a saved data then you get unlimited ferry stones
---
Play video games all day everyday
12 hours nonstop, sometimes I get carried away>.<
#5NayikoPosted 4/9/2013 5:47:30 PM
Whovian126 posted...
Well there only was two cities and btw when they said improved travel they meant that if you transfer a saved data then you get unlimited ferry stones

They put more warpable places down on the map so you don't need to waste precious port crystals on spots now. And you get an unlimited use ferrystone, not unlimited ferrystones. I guess it's all the same but I'd rather carry one ferrystone instead of having to restock constantly.
#6Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 4/10/2013 2:56:38 AM
I never minded the lack of fast travel in the original game. Besides, once you reached new game+, money, ferrystones and port crystals stopped being an issue anyway.
I appreciate it when a game has the guts to inconvenience me every once in a while.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#7DanulusPosted 4/10/2013 5:31:58 AM
Sp8cemanSpiff posted...
I never minded the lack of fast travel in the original game. Besides, once you reached new game+, money, ferrystones and port crystals stopped being an issue anyway.
I appreciate it when a game has the guts to inconvenience me every once in a while.

I agree with you but apparently it was a common complaint. :\

I do think it's a good idea to put a static port in Cassardis though.
---
"Do not swallow your moral code in tablet form." - Christopher Hitchens
"That's all I needed to hear." - Raiden
#8NayikoPosted 4/10/2013 2:58:28 PM
My biggest complaint was when you get a quest to Gran Soren, then it sends you right back to somewhere far like Cassardis or Greatwall. I'm going to like the new static ports.
#9Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 4/10/2013 4:10:03 PM
My biggest complaint was when you get a quest to Gran Soren, then it sends you right back to somewhere far like Cassardis or Greatwall. I'm going to like the new static ports.

I liked this actually, especially early on when getting killed on your travels was a real possibility. Admittedly this kind of lost its appeal by the time you became more or less invincible, but until then, simply reaching a far away destination always felt like an accomplishment. I liked how the game forced me to take the journey seriously and how it made me prepare for it. It made me feel like a part of the world as opposed to a rather disconnected tourist who navigates the world via his medieval gps like Skyrim did.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#10Slayer1Posted 4/11/2013 9:20:10 AM
Its still not clear to me how fast travel works in DA...
---
Paine's songstress CT