Mimics and Capcom Difficulty

#41Wukin2Posted 4/29/2013 9:50:22 AM
Are you serious? I always have pawn with me. Any dark enchanted hit can easily tore it apart.
#42Angeloliveira18Posted 4/29/2013 10:10:16 AM
Yea it's stupid when they just stand there looking while we get killed, and meant to say for them to patch the AI that's what make those deaths cheap.
---
Artemis Level:200 Ranger Utilitarian/Scather
PSN:Angeloliveira20 http://imgur.com/8Fz3j.jpg
#43zegram33Posted 4/29/2013 11:07:19 AM
pretty much any class with a staff can obliterate them by just using magic agent before opening the chest.
i tend to use dark enchant, is that what they're weak to, because it makes them drop me right off?
#44caramel_cod(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 11:12:28 AM
All Capcom would need to patch is the stun animation that happens when you open a mimic chest. There is absolutely no reason why the Arisen should freeze up the moment the mimic emerges, negating your ability to dodge.
#45RazgrizHeroPosted 4/29/2013 12:08:05 PM
Capcom difficulty reminds me of Resident Evil 6. A zombie would play dead on the ground and you could shoot it, and it would do nothing. However, when you walk past it it lunges and grabs you. No idea why they made that crappy design choice; especially considering the fact you could shoot enemies playing dead in 4 and 5.
---
Fiercer than an ice storm of Siberia, the hell of grapple! - Jack Hammer - Grappler Baki 2
#46raynold101Posted 4/29/2013 12:41:57 PM
wakestones....
---
Dragon Dogma SAO Pawns (Asuna coming soon)
Sinon lv 200 Ranger - Lisbeth lv 200 Mage/Sorcerer
#47MrcTOtheJPosted 4/29/2013 12:51:40 PM
Those chest thigns are scary first one owned me. Left BBI to save it for my NG+ came in with a Lv.2 Carnation (Everfall Sword that I use) and wailed on it with great windmill, showed it that I'm boss. Now the Prisoner cyclops...lol it one shoted me good (Then again I'm wearing some Meh captains armor because I like how it looks) so I'm going to just take pot shots at it with my bow.

That said, I agree some things are a little powerfull but IMO most games are too damn easy now a days so the occasional cheap shot it fine by me.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Currently waiting for: GTAV, LR:FFXIII, Grid 2
#48caramel_cod(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 1:01:46 PM
MrcTOtheJ posted...
Those chest thigns are scary first one owned me. Left BBI to save it for my NG+ came in with a Lv.2 Carnation (Everfall Sword that I use) and wailed on it with great windmill, showed it that I'm boss. Now the Prisoner cyclops...lol it one shoted me good (Then again I'm wearing some Meh captains armor because I like how it looks) so I'm going to just take pot shots at it with my bow.

That said, I agree some things are a little powerfull but IMO most games are too damn easy now a days so the occasional cheap shot it fine by me.

To be clear, I'm not having any issues with the rest of the content. Some rooms are a bit of a crapstorm, but I've been handling everything solo without too much trouble.

Difficulty is 3 Garms and a Cursed Dragon in one room, which I'm alright with. The game saying "you're going to die/take massive damage now from an unavoidable, random mimic because of a pointless stun animation" isn't real difficulty.
#49MrcTOtheJPosted 4/29/2013 1:04:20 PM
caramel_cod posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...

To be clear, I'm not having any issues with the rest of the content. Some rooms are a bit of a crapstorm, but I've been handling everything solo without too much trouble.

Difficulty is 3 Garms and a Cursed Dragon in one room, which I'm alright with. The game saying "you're going to die/take massive damage now from an unavoidable, random mimic because of a pointless stun animation" isn't real difficulty.

Ouch I haven't goten that far in BBI. That said I've had cheap moments as well but that sounds rather cheap actually. Cheapest thing I've had was that cyclopes I mentioned, and one Chamber with Two Skeleton lords and two Skeleton sorercerors sitting outside pelting me with spells, one of the reasons I left to do it after geting Everfall access..
---
Currently Playing: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Currently waiting for: GTAV, LR:FFXIII, Grid 2
#50raynold101Posted 4/29/2013 1:09:31 PM
The point of the Mimic is for it to grab you when you open the chest... Pawns are there to "Help" you in such situation, and how you'd try and release the pawn from a dragonkin's grip when they are in turn grabbed. This game was designed to be a group game.

Solo play yeah you can do that, but that also upped the challenge. Which is also why you should bring some healing items, and wakestones. The main reason why they fixed Autonomy was cause everyone was running around solo destroying every monster with no challenge at all. Of course there are people who like God mode but then... they are also a part of the group of people whom complain about the game being too easy.

Okay so for once Capcom listens and made the game actually harder... Now people complain that the game is too difficult. They can't run around being solo god mode anymore.

Honestly the Difficulty is made specifically for those whom abuse the system. Now even if you abuse the system, you can still get owned. However with that said that makes playing the game legitimately much more harder, well thats what easy mode is for and we did ask for a harder game even for lv 200's.
---
Dragon Dogma SAO Pawns (Asuna coming soon)
Sinon lv 200 Ranger - Lisbeth lv 200 Mage/Sorcerer