How to upgrade Barroch's shop?

#1FavriellePosted 4/28/2013 6:15:25 AM
A friend of mine is buying high tier weapons from him but doesn't know how he got that to happen. What makes his shop upgrade?
---
PSN: rogue_cat
Pawn: Michonne, Level 160+ Ranger (can Bezel up)
#2Rurigenous1Posted 4/28/2013 6:59:04 AM
bump
#3AkaronSpecPosted 4/28/2013 7:33:03 AM
Been wondering this myself, have you completed the island a second time? That's the only thing I've not done yet
#4PureNothingnessPosted 4/28/2013 7:41:54 AM
I'm not quite sure, either. A part of it, I think, is purifying cursed weapons and armor; much like in the Everfall, once you acquire the gear then it goes on sale. Then again, that doesn't hold true for all of the gear, nor does it apply for all of his items, as the Nomad's Cloak appeared for me once I found him the third time just outside the first shortcut.
---
"Even a stray has pride." -Gabranth, Final Fantasy XII
PSN: Mysteltain
#5Grimwu1fePosted 4/28/2013 7:43:29 AM
Is your affinity maxed? Caxton doesn't start selling Chilling Razors even if you upgrade his stock with an idol until he has a certain affinity.
---
PSN: Grimwulfe
DA Pawn: Fiora | Fighter | LV <70 | Scather/Utilitarian
#6Favrielle(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 8:20:08 AM
Grimwu1fe posted...
Is your affinity maxed? Caxton doesn't start selling Chilling Razors even if you upgrade his stock with an idol until he has a certain affinity.

Hmm, no I don't think affinity is maxed with Barroch. I'll try that and are what happens. I didn't kill Daimon a second time, either, so it is probably one of those two things.
---
Pawn: Katniss, Level oo Ranger
#7DarkJedi666Posted 4/28/2013 9:00:47 AM
I suspect completing the quests.
I did not advance so much with the quest, and I kill the last boss 40+ times, but I still don't see any DA weapon nor equipment in his shop.

Or maybe it pops up if you have looted one of the piece ?
Is he selling the "level 2" stuff ?
---
PSN PS_Online_User Mina Sorcerer max 866 mag
PSN PS_Online_User Leina Fighter max 766 str - both full BBI lvl3 cursed item - Feel free to friend request to use
#8Favrielle(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2013 9:49:21 AM
My friend (who can buy DA weapons from him) confirmed the following:

-He has killed Daimon twice, bit so have several others that don't have access to the DA weapons
-Affinity for Barroch is not maxed
-He has only completed 2 notice board quests
-He can buy weapons that he hasn't yet found in chests

So, I'm back to square one. No one has figured this out yet? :(
---
Pawn: Katniss, Level oo Ranger
#9Grimwu1fePosted 4/28/2013 9:53:02 AM
Even if his affinity isn't maxed, it might be higher than yours.
---
PSN: Grimwulfe
DA Pawn: Fiora | Fighter | LV <90 | Scather/Utilitarian
#10Berformet2Posted 4/28/2013 10:29:26 AM(edited)
hi. i'm actually said friend lol. i could buy these from after defeating Daimon for the first time. all i did was buy all the stuff from him that i didnt have already and i also spoke to him every time i met him in the levels. then when i spoke to him after beating daimon on my first run i could buy some new weapons.

the weapons i can buy are
cursed bite 2.15mil
shooting star 2.35mil
graansys flamberge 2.65mil
twinpaler 2.75mil
helmbarte daggers 1.95mil
chilling focus 2.22mil
bane archistaff 2.33mil

so far im the only person in my group of friends playing that can buy these. so i cant even think of what it was but maybe speaking to him in every instance could have unlocked them?

also i only have the daggers from the list but i purchased those. havent unlocked any from the list through purification.

---
PSN: Berformet - Irish Dragon Hunter,
Dragons Dogma Pawn: Nieriel, lvl200 Ranger.