Nameless Terror

#1kupo1705Posted 4/29/2013 1:31:24 PM
There have probably been a bunch of threads about this quest already, but both google and the wiki failed me.
I went north of Gran Soren and I fought a bunch of skeletons and ghosts, but the quest log didn't update.
Am I supposed to go to the next ambush spot now? I don't have a marker on the map.
#2juggoyPosted 4/29/2013 1:53:50 PM
My memory is foggy since I last did this quest last year,but let me see what I can remember. You know you're fighting the right ones if you hear a dialogue while you're fighting them.

- As you said,there's a group north of Gran Soren,a few walks after the bridge IIRC
- There's a group of them in front of the ancient quarry entrance closest to Gran Soren
- There's another group near the rest house along the pass between Cassardis and Gran Soren
- Not sure about this one,but there's supposed to be another group along that pass. Either along the narrow pass or the cliffside with a cage
- If I didn't miss one,then the last one will be in front of Cassardis' entrance
---
PSN ID: juggoy
#3TrulyGiftedPosted 4/29/2013 1:54:35 PM
All of the ambushes are by human enemies. You actually need to keep going from the skeleton battle location (I'm assuming just on the other side of the big bride to the NW of the capital) to the fork in the path. That is where the 1st quest battle takes place.
---
"Are you a professional moron, or just a gifted amateur?" - Carl "CJ" Johnson, GTA:SA
#4kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 1:56:19 PM
Yeah, there was dialogue at the start.
I know the locations, but I'm not sure if everything went right.
There was no quest update after I beat them, and there's no map marker or anything.
The quest description still says 'You sense unseen enemies as you walk the streets. Keep your wits about you.'
There's nothing to indicate that I did fight the right enemies.
#5raynold101Posted 4/29/2013 2:04:44 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Yeah, there was dialogue at the start.
I know the locations, but I'm not sure if everything went right.
There was no quest update after I beat them, and there's no map marker or anything.
The quest description still says 'You sense unseen enemies as you walk the streets. Keep your wits about you.'
There's nothing to indicate that I did fight the right enemies.

The enemies are always bandits, They will have special dialog with the Arisen. I have subtitles on mine, so when the bandits appear, it shows the dialog with their name.
---
Dragon Dogma SAO Pawns (Asuna coming soon)
Sinon lv 200 Ranger - Lisbeth lv 200 Mage/Sorcerer
#6kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 2:10:41 PM
raynold101 posted...
The enemies are always bandits, They will have special dialog with the Arisen. I have subtitles on mine, so when the bandits appear, it shows the dialog with their name.

There were lots of enemies. Mages, skeletons, ghosts. I have subtitles on and there was dialogue.
I'm just wondering what I'm supposed to do now.
Did everything go right and was there not supposed to be a quest update?
#7ScottStellarPosted 4/29/2013 3:28:22 PM
When you first meet them at a low level they're scary. Later when you level a bit you an probably just stand there and let your pawns pwn them while you LoL the whole time dancing in circles. Also... ehh question... I find the necrophilia monsters more fun/intimidating.
#8raynold101Posted 4/29/2013 3:41:23 PM
kupo1705 posted...
raynold101 posted...

There were lots of enemies. Mages, skeletons, ghosts. I have subtitles on and there was dialogue.
I'm just wondering what I'm supposed to do now.
Did everything go right and was there not supposed to be a quest update?

Maybe mages as well, but not skeleton or ghosts. Chances are those enemies followed you to the bandits.

If you saw the dialog then you've found them, just kill all of them, and you're fine. there are no updates. you just have to kill all 5 groups.
---
Dragon Dogma SAO Pawns (Asuna coming soon)
Sinon lv 200 Ranger - Lisbeth lv 200 Mage/Sorcerer
#9kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 3:44:55 PM
I just went to the second location, but there was nobody there.
So I went back to the previous location, and it was just skeletons and ghosts, no enemies related to the quest.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I went there at night.