difficulty level

• Topic Archived
3 years ago#1
i just started the game but i cant choose hard difficulty, only easy and normal.
can i start with hard difficulty?
3 years ago#2
Yeah, should be a free dlc on the psn store.
3 years ago#3
When I started mine up it was already updated with the Hard difficulty. You may need to turn on automatic updates, not sure.
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
3 years ago#4
DA shouldn't need an update for this as the patch to DD that adds hard mode should be included by default in DA?

Curious.

2 questions, is it definitely a Dark arisen disc and is your PS3 connected online?
3 years ago#5
I started playing DD yesterday for the first time, using the DA disk, and I only had Easy and Normal to choose from :/ I thought Hard would be unlocked after beating the game.
3 years ago#6
This may be a silly question, but you are aware that you start hard mode on the main menu of the title screen and not in the options right?
3 years ago#7
So that's what hard mode stands for..

How's the difficulty on normal? I just started playing and I'd like a challenge but maybe it's not wise to just go in hard mode since I'm a newbie.
3 years ago#8
Starting a fresh new game on hard mode means that just about everything can kill you with one hit for a while. The pay off is that you gain more exp (I think) and enemies have a good chance of dropping 10k gold bags.

If you like challenges then go for it. If it sounds a bit too hard then play through once on normal and start hard mode on your NG+
3 years ago#9
Futomimi7 posted...
This may be a silly question, but you are aware that you start hard mode on the main menu of the title screen and not in the options right?

I believe it doesn't show up there until you either start another game for the first time and exit back to the main menu, or unless you already had a previous save from the original DD when you first load up DA.
3 years ago#10
res_black_death posted...
Starting a fresh new game on hard mode means that just about everything can kill you with one hit for a while. The pay off is that you gain more exp (I think) and enemies have a good chance of dropping 10k gold bags.

If you like challenges then go for it. If it sounds a bit too hard then play through once on normal and start hard mode on your NG+

I'm pretty sure the exp gained is the same, you just a crapload more money. And bragging rights, if that's important to you.
PSN: DragonKnight2007
"Don't ruin my stories with your logic!" - Richard Castle

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived