difficulty level

#1IsabelArcherPosted 5/2/2013 2:20:07 AM
i just started the game but i cant choose hard difficulty, only easy and normal.
can i start with hard difficulty?
#2Zxman300Posted 5/2/2013 5:43:00 AM
Yeah, should be a free dlc on the psn store.
#3capgamerPosted 5/2/2013 6:30:07 AM
When I started mine up it was already updated with the Hard difficulty. You may need to turn on automatic updates, not sure.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#4AxepriestPosted 5/2/2013 6:46:18 AM
DA shouldn't need an update for this as the patch to DD that adds hard mode should be included by default in DA?

Curious.

2 questions, is it definitely a Dark arisen disc and is your PS3 connected online?
#5KreynorPosted 5/2/2013 7:55:21 AM
I started playing DD yesterday for the first time, using the DA disk, and I only had Easy and Normal to choose from :/ I thought Hard would be unlocked after beating the game.
#6Futomimi7Posted 5/2/2013 8:01:33 AM
This may be a silly question, but you are aware that you start hard mode on the main menu of the title screen and not in the options right?
#7KreynorPosted 5/2/2013 1:23:09 PM
So that's what hard mode stands for..

How's the difficulty on normal? I just started playing and I'd like a challenge but maybe it's not wise to just go in hard mode since I'm a newbie.
#8res_black_deathPosted 5/2/2013 1:40:24 PM
Starting a fresh new game on hard mode means that just about everything can kill you with one hit for a while. The pay off is that you gain more exp (I think) and enemies have a good chance of dropping 10k gold bags.

If you like challenges then go for it. If it sounds a bit too hard then play through once on normal and start hard mode on your NG+
#9AtomicPenguin76Posted 5/2/2013 2:27:58 PM
Futomimi7 posted...
This may be a silly question, but you are aware that you start hard mode on the main menu of the title screen and not in the options right?

I believe it doesn't show up there until you either start another game for the first time and exit back to the main menu, or unless you already had a previous save from the original DD when you first load up DA.
#10tadpinoyPosted 5/2/2013 3:03:33 PM
res_black_death posted...
Starting a fresh new game on hard mode means that just about everything can kill you with one hit for a while. The pay off is that you gain more exp (I think) and enemies have a good chance of dropping 10k gold bags.

If you like challenges then go for it. If it sounds a bit too hard then play through once on normal and start hard mode on your NG+

I'm pretty sure the exp gained is the same, you just a crapload more money. And bragging rights, if that's important to you.
---
PSN: DragonKnight2007
"Don't ruin my stories with your logic!" - Richard Castle