Capcom fails at difficulty.

#1Ninja_GaignunPosted 5/3/2013 10:54:09 PM
They need to learn the difference between "Difficult" and "Endurance Test"

When it gets to the point were my main combat strategy is "Run Past Everything with more than 1 life bar" just because I know the battle will just drag on and on and on and on, only to run into 2 more of the same thing.

Maybe its there way of avoiding the fact that damn near all the new monsters are just altered versions of old ones.

Maybe they keep you locked in long drawn out battles so you don't notice just how small Bitterblack Isle is.

Guh, 30 minutes of chipping away at Daimon Round 2 and I just gave up out of fatigue and boredom.
---
Don't read this sig. I TOLD YOU TO STOP! Why are you still reading?
#2OmenofFatePosted 5/3/2013 10:59:58 PM
Get betta gear or learn some tactics. I find BBI fun just for the simple fact of getting the armor sets. To each their own.
#3Ninja_Gaignun(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 11:07:17 PM
OmenofFate posted...
Get betta gear or learn some tactics. I find BBI fun just for the simple fact of getting the armor sets. To each their own.

I already have good gear lol. I'm a level 160 Magic Archer. I already know everything's weakness.
---
#4DrakemoodPosted 5/3/2013 11:10:22 PM
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
They need to learn the difference between "Difficult" and "Endurance Test"

When it gets to the point were my main combat strategy is "Run Past Everything with more than 1 life bar" just because I know the battle will just drag on and on and on and on, only to run into 2 more of the same thing.

Maybe its there way of avoiding the fact that damn near all the new monsters are just altered versions of old ones.

Maybe they keep you locked in long drawn out battles so you don't notice just how small Bitterblack Isle is.

Guh, 30 minutes of chipping away at Daimon Round 2 and I just gave up out of fatigue and boredom.

so what do you want? when you battle THE last boss of the game? hit it with focused bolt in one minute and win? and if you want an easy way, ranger with tenfold and blast arrow.

IF you want a harder difficulty, playing with fighter/warrior on hard mode, go to bbi, there's no way people say it easy and always relaying on pawn.

IF you think the battle is drag, play with vocation like ma/sorc/mk this game is easy with them. Bring right element.

this is a dungeon full of monster, what do you expect? oh just a tips, dont play dark/demons soul.
---
The Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You
#5KiraYamatoDaManPosted 5/3/2013 11:14:36 PM
OmenofFate posted...

I already have good gear lol. I'm a level 160 Magic Archer. I already know everything's weakness.

Daimon has a huge level of ice resistance. So stop using Ninefold bolt unless you're stacking periapts or have a really high amount of Magick.
---
Currently playing : SMT: Soul Hackers, Dragon's Dogma
~PSN: AppleDough
#6Ninja_Gaignun(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2013 11:29:35 PM
I can play dark souls with my eyes closed at this point.

Its not a matter of it being easy or hard, its just to drawn out. There's nothing fun about fighting the same boss for half an hour because he has 90,000,000hp and 90% Resistant to everything.

Hell look at Bushido Blade, it was hard, and you could end battles in 1 hit.
---
#7DignatoReRaisedPosted 5/3/2013 11:42:17 PM
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
I can play dark souls with my eyes closed at this point.

Its not a matter of it being easy or hard, its just to drawn out. There's nothing fun about fighting the same boss for half an hour because he has 90,000,000hp and 90% Resistant to everything.

Hell look at Bushido Blade, it was hard, and you could end battles in 1 hit.

I agree with you.

This game tries to use numbers to make things 'difficult' when really it just makes things take longer than they need to. Combat in this game is not especially active, and provides NO INCENTIVE to make it active by limiting yourself either. But this is a problem games have in general. Not just capcom games :P
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!
#8doujinftwPosted 5/3/2013 11:46:05 PM
I dont know how the hell do you guys take hours to kill daimon as ma when many do it in few sec including myself And who ever told that he resist ice is bull using 6 fold nothing else killing him easily.
---
I want to drag you out to the wilderness and let the monsters have their way with you! Repeatedly
#9KiraYamatoDaManPosted 5/3/2013 11:50:58 PM
I dont know how the hell do you guys take hours to kill daimon as ma when many do it in few sec including myself And who ever told that he resist ice is bull using 6 fold nothing else killing him easily.

Try using ninefold on Daimon with 1.9k Magick compared to using a single holy enchanted shot. Hint: You'll do nothing with ninefold. The only reason you're actually doing damage is because your Magick stat is past his threshold and resistance levels.
---
Currently playing : SMT: Soul Hackers, Dragon's Dogma
~PSN: AppleDough
#10doujinftwPosted 5/3/2013 11:56:19 PM(edited)
KiraYamatoDaMan posted...

Try using ninefold on Daimon with 1.9k Magick compared to using a single holy enchanted shot. Hint: You'll do nothing with ninefold. The only reason you're actually doing damage is because your Magick stat is past his threshold and resistance levels.

Cant blame it on the skill if u fail at your stat build.plus the same can be said about all the element that hit him i let my sorc hit him with high Siem and it did a tiny portion of his health and that is holy for you.
---
I want to drag you out to the wilderness and let the monsters have their way with you! Repeatedly