Capcom fails at difficulty.

#11DrakemoodPosted 5/4/2013 12:57:51 AM
Ninja_Gaignun posted...

Its not a matter of it being easy or hard, its just to drawn out. There's nothing fun about fighting the same boss for half an hour because he has 90,000,000hp and 90% Resistant to everything.

dont fight it then? you already beat the first boss and get the dark arisen ending, so now you complain because the secret boss is harder and you cant do much damage on him so the battle is longer? SMH
---
The Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You
#12LEGEND_725Posted 5/4/2013 1:42:47 AM
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
OmenofFate posted...
Get betta gear or learn some tactics. I find BBI fun just for the simple fact of getting the armor sets. To each their own.

I already have good gear lol. I'm a level 160 Magic Archer. I already know everything's weakness.

You probably gimped yourself leveling past 100 as a MA. Regardless the difficulty is just fine, it was meant for the best of the best. My level 200 Warrior with 3.5k Str has no problems.
---
RIP Gamespot 5/21/09 - 5/8/12. . .
#13raynold101Posted 5/4/2013 2:31:48 AM
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
They need to learn the difference between "Difficult" and "Endurance Test"

When it gets to the point were my main combat strategy is "Run Past Everything with more than 1 life bar" just because I know the battle will just drag on and on and on and on, only to run into 2 more of the same thing.

Maybe its there way of avoiding the fact that damn near all the new monsters are just altered versions of old ones.

Maybe they keep you locked in long drawn out battles so you don't notice just how small Bitterblack Isle is.

Guh, 30 minutes of chipping away at Daimon Round 2 and I just gave up out of fatigue and boredom.

You can literally kill Every enemy in this game within 5mins if you use everything the game offers you at your disposal.

(With the exception of Online UR Dragon)
---
Dragon Dogma SAO Pawns (Asuna coming soon)
Sinon lv 200 Ranger - Lisbeth lv 200 Mage/Sorcerer
#14FafnirPosted 5/4/2013 3:10:54 AM
My main gripe is that I'm absolutely certain they didn't even test the Fighter or Warrior classes. They were hugely outclassed as it was in Vanilla, but now they're abysmal in DA.
---
Gamefaqs mods are fair and knowledgable. Failure to accept this fact will result in immediate suspension with no review.
#15prozac786Posted 5/4/2013 3:15:11 AM
I dunno why it takes some people over an hour and they still havent killed last boss.

It shouldnt take that long even on hard mode with the right build, skills, gear and tactics. And on easy mode he is just lol along with everything else.

So if you are in hard mode then drop the difficulty down. It wouldnt be called hard mode if it was insanely difficult for some players.

If you're on normal or easy mode and still struggling then you are doing something wrong. It may be your gear or your choice of skills to use. It may be your pawn setup or even the part of the boss you choose to focus your attacks on. Try adjusting it. It may just be that you need a few more levels to cross his defence threshold

For example I wasnt hitting the final boss on the head in my first fight. So I thought he was insane. But key is to hit the head and you hurt him bad. Anywhere else and you do minimal damage. Once I realized that and upgraded my weapons, he was a breeze. Forget 5 mins, you can down him in 2 or less.

Also you do need to have gear and sufficient leveles too. BBI is doable at 50 but really only higher levels with at least level 2 weapons will survive in the harder difficulties.

I cleared normal mode just fine with heaven's keys. However I struggled in hard mode with that weapon. Upgrade to helmbarte daggers or framae blades solved that problem and allowed me to carry on
---
PSN Prozac786
#16FafnirPosted 5/4/2013 3:22:33 AM(edited)
Have you even fought Daimon's second form?

He's not at all hard. He just has a ludicrous amount of health.

He essentially forces you to spam periapts in order to do any damage. For the ranged classes, this isn't much of a problem, and when done, you can obliterate him in a minute or two.

Melee classes, in a stupifying display of just how poorly designed they are, end up having to fight a much longer and riskier fight, even with periapts. The problem here is that this is not isolated to Daimon 2.0.

Difficulty with a ranged class is trivial. However, Capcom needs to seriously address just how awful Fighter and Warrior are.
---
Gamefaqs mods are fair and knowledgable. Failure to accept this fact will result in immediate suspension with no review.
#17MysticVolcanoPosted 5/4/2013 3:28:23 AM
Fafnir posted...
My main gripe is that I'm absolutely certain they didn't even test the Fighter or Warrior classes. They were hugely outclassed as it was in Vanilla, but now they're abysmal in DA.

Fighter has it's uses they are good at distracting, and i had one that was tearing up elder ogres and dragons when they were down. and can take a hit with good armor. so fighters aren't bad, warriors however.. yea they are petty much nearly useless, at least over the other vocations in use, and by useless i mean 90% all i see warrior pawns do is get knocked around and die.while fighters can actually tank and hit quickly, most enemies in BBI are to mobile for warriors to hit.

Hope they learn from this mistake in next DD..

But on topic. TC you probably should try sorcerer untill you get the MA bow from daimon, it's a huge jump in power if you are using any of the old DD bows, they are to weak to bother. i know because my main is MA and i had the same problem was rough at 1st, but after i worked at it now pretty much everything dies in 1-5 minutes except death.

Just don't give up.
#18prozac786Posted 5/4/2013 3:44:18 AM
Fafnir posted...
Have you even fought Daimon's second form?

He's not at all hard. He just has a ludicrous amount of health.

He essentially forces you to spam periapts in order to do any damage. For the ranged classes, this isn't much of a problem, and when done, you can obliterate him in a minute or two.

Melee classes, in a stupifying display of just how poorly designed they are, end up having to fight a much longer and riskier fight, even with periapts. The problem here is that this is not isolated to Daimon 2.0.

Difficulty with a ranged class is trivial. However, Capcom needs to seriously address just how awful Fighter and Warrior are.

Yes I've killed daimon 2nd form with an assassin about 50 times and without any periapts.
If you grab his head you can do good damage as melee. He is trivial even on 2nd form hard mode due to thousand kisses.

The problem with fighter and warrior is that they are underpowered as you say compared to most classes. They need a serious buff.

That doesnt mean the difficulty tuning is wrong though. They got that right. They just need to show some love to fighters/warriors
---
PSN Prozac786
#19FafnirPosted 5/4/2013 4:10:59 AM
The problem with Fighter and Warrior is that they need more than just "a little love" at this point. They need some considerable critical rethinking.
---
#20prozac786Posted 5/4/2013 4:18:18 AM
Lol thats what I meant. Serious buff as I said. Its unlikely at this point for capcom to overhaul those classes

I think they need some sort of damage dealing skill that they can use while grabbing on to an enemy with decent attack speed and damage.

That would sort alot of issues out even if everything else was to remain the same. And said skill can be patched in quite quickly. Doubt it will happen though
---
PSN Prozac786