Capcom fails at difficulty.

#21CrevoxPosted 5/4/2013 3:19:50 AM
OmenofFate posted...
Get betta gear or learn some tactics. I find BBI fun just for the simple fact of getting the armor sets. To each their own.

I already have good gear lol. I'm a level 160 Magic Archer. I already know everything's weakness.

I kill everything on the island so far (I'm really close to the end) with no issues, and doesn't take long at all... I'm only level 60.

If you're taking forever, you're doing something wrong.
#22HonooNoYariPosted 5/4/2013 4:12:19 AM
doujinftw posted...
KiraYamatoDaMan posted...
I dont know how the hell do you guys take hours to kill daimon as ma when many do it in few sec including myself And who ever told that he resist ice is bull using 6 fold nothing else killing him easily.

Try using ninefold on Daimon with 1.9k Magick compared to using a single holy enchanted shot. Hint: You'll do nothing with ninefold. The only reason you're actually doing damage is because your Magick stat is past his threshold and resistance levels.

Cant blame it on the skill if u fail at your stat build.plus the same can be said about all the element that hit him i let my sorc hit him with high Siem and it did a tiny portion of his health and that is holy for you.

Just tried beating his ass as an MA, my stats are nowhere near optimal and it is still better to climb to the nape of his neck and wail for the 1st form (perhaps I will use a quartet of Conqueror's Periapts here in the future to speed things up), then spam periapts + Ninefold Bolt for the 2nd, from slightly behind his throne. I used 8 Demon's Periapts this time.
---
PSN ID: ggn83
Dragon's Dogma Pawns: Past - Diandra, Current: Guts
#23RudderZPosted 5/4/2013 5:40:59 AM
Dragon's Dogma is by no means a difficult game. Stock up on wakestones and you can kill literally anything in the game, and even without, death just means going back to your last save. There is NO real consequence to dying.

The game is designed in a way that should allow choice, but ends up as a funnel. Certain classes are clearly superior in many ways to other classes. Assassin is a great example, with fantastic means of avoiding damage and dealing damage. Magic Knight is a good example with its great defensive options via riposte's and buffs. Meanwhile, classes like Fighter and Warrior are barely viable, causing a clear problem for people who enjoy that style of play.

Not to mention that certain classes have the advantage of certain weapons, such as Blast Arrows and Maker's Finger. Why give specific classes such advantageous items? It boggles the mind.

It all comes down to the fact that the game was likely pushed out too early though. Hopefully a sequel will fix the major issues with the classes.
#24SirRegulusPosted 5/4/2013 5:44:56 AM
The biggest thing that Fighters and Warriors need is definitely a way to do more damage when scaling things, but they could use a few other things as well. I'd probably start by giving Dire Gouge to Fighters instead of Assassins (who already have Hundred Kisses), and give Dire Gouge a bonus that makes it harder to be dismounted when in use.

Last night, while fighting a pair of prisoner gorecyclopes on hard mode as a fighter, I learned that Cymbal Attack is actually pretty great for applying debuffs with the shield. Steel Will paired with the Dragon Roost's attack debuff effectively neutered their otherwise lethal damage. More shields should definitely have status effects on them.

Speaking of shields, they actually not nearly as good as they should be, especially now that the dagger's dodge roll has been buffed. I think the stamina recharge reduction when blocking needs to just go away, and perfect guards need to either restore stamina or give you a damage boost for a short time. It might also be nice if they gave Swords the old dodge "dive" or made Swift Castle a generic shield move instead of assassin specific.

Fighter is my favorite class, and I think it's actually a legitimately great class for pawns, but as an Arisen it has a ton of issues.
#25NineteenthCrossPosted 5/4/2013 6:55:39 AM
RudderZ posted...

Not to mention that certain classes have the advantage of certain weapons, such as Blast Arrows and Maker's Finger. Why give specific classes such advantageous items? It boggles the mind.

Because everything is supposed to be fair right?

Where do these folks come from? Just go watch or read Castle Amber being played by folks online or in person. If that's not possible ,just read a review of it.

In a real fantasy games and settings, Warriors and Fighters will ALWAYS be at the bottom rung. What do they do? They hit stuff with a weapon. They're lucky if it's enchanted. Even luckier if there is a paladin upgrade that allows the fighter to use magic.

Without major plot armor or shoddy writing or pitiful writing in an attempt to keep fighters relevant, it's hard to figure out why Wizards keep fighters around in most fantasy games. A strong enough wizard doesnt need to worry about physical harm.

On a side, note, I do respect games that have a legit reason for Vancian Magic. Too many games just throw it in to be different and it always ends in LOL EVERYONES GOT MAGIC NOW or Warrior Wizards who have to save their spells for bigger enemies while chump pumping strength stats they wouldn't need otherwise (single player games) or needing to rely on other players you wouldn't trust in Castle Crashers ( mmos)

You have to sit back and laugh a little at fantasy games where magic is shown to have limitless potential ,yet nerf it for "balance" reasons. While they give a person with limited physical strength the ability to keep up with wizards.

( Hell , anytime a magi is strong in a game in this generation, everybody cries out for a nerf despite you, know thats how it works. Look at dark souls, dragon age, etc. magic increased exponentially in those games until it was patched to work along the same levels as warriors. Or in the case of Mass Effect, make everything immune to the game's magic on hard. )

There's a reason why nobody likes epic level wizards from D&D. Just being remotely realistic results in a character so powerful they can end the entire module by simply saying " this bores me" .
But what did the creators do?

They just created stronger monsters and stronger monsters still.

Surprise! Things aren't fair! That Wizard that can rend reality with a blink of his eye? Here comes Abomination McGodTaster , that exists outside of Reality where the Wizards power is knocked down a few notches and it's bringing that with them when they show up. Hope you have wishes!
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs. Stick your fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear other people's opinions and call them trolls.
http://nineteenth.wordpress.com/
#26doujinftwPosted 5/4/2013 7:08:10 AM
NineteenthCross posted...
RudderZ posted...

Because everything is supposed to be fair right?

Where do these folks come from? Just go watch or read Castle Amber being played by folks online or in person. If that's not possible ,just read a review of it.

In a real fantasy games and settings, Warriors and Fighters will ALWAYS be at the bottom rung. What do they do? They hit stuff with a weapon. They're lucky if it's enchanted. Even luckier if there is a paladin upgrade that allows the fighter to use magic.

Without major plot armor or shoddy writing or pitiful writing in an attempt to keep fighters relevant, it's hard to figure out why Wizards keep fighters around in most fantasy games. A strong enough wizard doesnt need to worry about physical harm.

On a side, note, I do respect games that have a legit reason for Vancian Magic. Too many games just throw it in to be different and it always ends in LOL EVERYONES GOT MAGIC NOW or Warrior Wizards who have to save their spells for bigger enemies while chump pumping strength stats they wouldn't need otherwise (single player games) or needing to rely on other players you wouldn't trust in Castle Crashers ( mmos)

You have to sit back and laugh a little at fantasy games where magic is shown to have limitless potential ,yet nerf it for "balance" reasons. While they give a person with limited physical strength the ability to keep up with wizards.

( Hell , anytime a magi is strong in a game in this generation, everybody cries out for a nerf despite you, know thats how it works. Look at dark souls, dragon age, etc. magic increased exponentially in those games until it was patched to work along the same levels as warriors. Or in the case of Mass Effect, make everything immune to the game's magic on hard. )

There's a reason why nobody likes epic level wizards from D&D. Just being remotely realistic results in a character so powerful they can end the entire module by simply saying " this bores me" .
But what did the creators do?

They just created stronger monsters and stronger monsters still.

Surprise! Things aren't fair! That Wizard that can rend reality with a blink of his eye? Here comes Abomination McGodTaster , that exists outside of Reality where the Wizards power is knocked down a few notches and it's bringing that with them when they show up. Hope you have wishes!

Actually in many mmropg warrior actually act as a wall preventing enemies to get close to caster archer ect. But this game warrior doesnt really design for that since they cant halt the advancement of any creature they only have the taunt skill but everyone know how effective that are.
---
I want to drag you out to the wilderness and let the monsters have their way with you! Repeatedly
#27simonbelmont2Posted 5/4/2013 8:02:41 AM
Long drawn out fights can get tedious in some games. The final boss with ten health bars is a well worn trope in videogames. Challenge doesn't have to mean giving the boss dozens of health bars. It can also simply be making the boss challenging to fight but not a snooze-fest. A challenging boss doesn't automatically have to equate to a long drawn out fight.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#28vinnywingPosted 5/4/2013 9:29:12 AM
Im dont think i am very good at this game, stuck at the dragon/undead priest boss fight in bitterblack isle. Level 54 fighter and my pawn is a ranger.

I cant ever hit the undead priest since he flies all the time, and the dragon comes back to life when i kill him. My STR is somewhere around 1100 and health 2200 is that bad for level 54?
#29DignatoReRaisedPosted 5/4/2013 9:35:58 AM
vinnywing posted...
Im dont think i am very good at this game, stuck at the dragon/undead priest boss fight in bitterblack isle. Level 54 fighter and my pawn is a ranger.

I cant ever hit the undead priest since he flies all the time, and the dragon comes back to life when i kill him. My STR is somewhere around 1100 and health 2200 is that bad for level 54?

What you do is wait until the dragon is glowing and the priest has vanished. If you knock the dragon out during that, the priest will pop out and be stunned for about a minute. With two physical classes, you should be able to take off at least half his health during this time, because his already low physical resistance is plummeted to nothing (A lot like when a dragonkin is writing on the ground. They take extra damage to everything).
---
DON'T F*** WITH THE SENATOR!
NANOMACHINES, SON!
#30Arc166Posted 5/4/2013 9:38:40 AM
With I think less strength than you have as a Warrior I curb-stomped that battle with nothing but Arc of Obliteration. Left the dragon with a sliver of health and both took massive chunks of the priests HP and stunned him for a long time. He resurrected the dragon once. Wouldn't mind doing that fight again. It was a nice change from the stupid number of enemies who'll just smack you out of Arc of whatever like its nothing.