Capcom fails at difficulty.

#31vinnywingPosted 5/4/2013 9:45:04 AM
DignatoReRaised posted...
What you do is wait until the dragon is glowing and the priest has vanished. If you knock the dragon out during that, the priest will pop out and be stunned for about a minute. With two physical classes, you should be able to take off at least half his health during this time, because his already low physical resistance is plummeted to nothing (A lot like when a dragonkin is writing on the ground. They take extra damage to everything).

The dragon instant killed me while i was at full health. I just dodged the instant death spell and somehow died instantly anyway. Once i got knocked down while in the death circle.

God i hate that spell and I even died to it from a tentacle hiding in a chest lol :(
#32FafnirPosted 5/4/2013 10:16:33 AM
SirRegulus posted...
The biggest thing that Fighters and Warriors need is definitely a way to do more damage when scaling things, but they could use a few other things as well. I'd probably start by giving Dire Gouge to Fighters instead of Assassins (who already have Hundred Kisses), and give Dire Gouge a bonus that makes it harder to be dismounted when in use.

Last night, while fighting a pair of prisoner gorecyclopes on hard mode as a fighter, I learned that Cymbal Attack is actually pretty great for applying debuffs with the shield. Steel Will paired with the Dragon Roost's attack debuff effectively neutered their otherwise lethal damage. More shields should definitely have status effects on them.

Speaking of shields, they actually not nearly as good as they should be, especially now that the dagger's dodge roll has been buffed. I think the stamina recharge reduction when blocking needs to just go away, and perfect guards need to either restore stamina or give you a damage boost for a short time. It might also be nice if they gave Swords the old dodge "dive" or made Swift Castle a generic shield move instead of assassin specific.

Fighter is my favorite class, and I think it's actually a legitimately great class for pawns, but as an Arisen it has a ton of issues.

I like this quite a bit. The only thing I would think to add (perhaps aside from a general damage buff to all Fighter skills) add would be some kind of anti-air presence. Some kind of sword swinging Shoryuken.

As for Warrior... Well, they have pretty much all the same problems that Fighters do, but they don't even have shields to block, are even less mobile, and their skills are awful... They'd need far more work than even Fighter does.
---
Gamefaqs mods are fair and knowledgable. Failure to accept this fact will result in immediate suspension with no review.
#332DFighter84Posted 5/4/2013 10:43:01 AM
RudderZ posted...
Dragon's Dogma is by no means a difficult game. Stock up on wakestones and you can kill literally anything in the game, and even without, death just means going back to your last save. There is NO real consequence to dying.

consequence, or death punishment, isnt what makes a game difficult. thats what makes a game tedious. if you have to stock up on wake stones, it means youre getting your ass kicked, so the game must be difficult. imo, all games should have a "retry" button upon death. the challenge lies in "what" defeated the player, not in punishing the player for being defeated.

i agree though that classes are very unbalanced. really, the advance classes are just OP as hell. i dont use them because i feel its almost cheap in a lot of cases. the 6 main classes are great though, but fighter/ warrior could use a decent climbing attack.
---
2-frackin'-D: The voice of the voiceless / Best in the World
#34GrowshroomPosted 5/4/2013 12:29:20 PM(edited)
Fighter Buffs:

-While blocking on the ground, Jump is replaced with a backdash ala the first part of Hindsight Slash (you can do this now if you cancel out of Hindsight Slash, but you have to be using that skill)

-Give them Dire Gouge

-Perfect Blocks for the Fighter class drains no stamina

-Show stats for shield stability (stamina drained on blocking) and create classes of shield ala the Souls games
E.G.: Bucklers, Standard, and Mystic
--Mystic Shields are limited to Mystic Knights, Standard Shields are limited to Fighters, and Bucklers can be used by both Assassins and Fighters
--Standard Shields would have the highest stability and shield damage, but would have a regular-sized perfect block window and would mostly lack special properties
--Bucklers would have crappy stability and/or block only a percentage of damage, but would have an extended parry window (perfect parries would always negate damage) and most would have special properties

Warrior Buffs:

-Since they do not have a secondary weapon, they get to equip 3 more weapon skills

-Increase the speed of their ground attacks so spamming jumping light isn't so necessary

-Give all Warrior attacks light to medium (depending on the attack) AOE which does light damage and mildly staggers

-Warrior grappling attacks should cause fast knockdown w/o any staggering beforehand when applied directly to enemy weakpoints

-Give them a skill equivalent to the Eliminator's foot-stomp attack (AOE that stuns all small to medium enemies and staggers larger ones)

All of this doesn't solve those classes chief problem (lack of ranged options), but if throwable items are improved in the sequel (can equip different ones and select them w/o entering a menu; can aim them) maybe they can provide balance. Have Fighters and Warriors have the fastest and/or furthest item throws.

Or you could just say screw it and give Fighter's Captain America throwing skills and Warrior's Windscar capabilities.
---
+50 HP
Shoot the mask to hear more
#35Demoskinos85Posted 5/4/2013 12:33:29 PM
The difficulty in this game is weird in the sense that it spikes all over the place. Sometimes its really easy but then its insanely hard. Its all over the place really.
---
They thought they could kill me... Keep me out... but they were wrong DEAD wrong!
#36Poopcorn13Posted 5/4/2013 12:35:55 PM
Growshroom posted...
Or you could just say screw it and give Fighter's Captain America throwing skills....

I honestly do not have a problem with that.
---
You am no real super sand. - Virginia
#37Arc166Posted 5/4/2013 12:40:19 PM
Warrior should really rip all the Minotaur skills.

They're essentially bigger, better Warriors.
#38SirRegulusPosted 5/4/2013 3:38:57 PM
God, I'm trying to beat Daimon 2 with a fighter right now, and it's utter bull$&@#. I like the attack that just gets rid of all your pawns. I don't see how you can interrupt the second form's version of that BS with a melee character. Just trying to jump up to him drained all of my stamina and ended up getting me killed too.

It's like they wanted people to just stand far away and at stunlock him with blast arrows. Terrible.

Not that it's anything new. The Ur-Dragon is just as bad.
#39lin4tPosted 5/4/2013 4:15:40 PM
Sometimes this game is very cheap.

I once went in the room with the two chained up cyclops and proceeded to try and kill them with range attacks. Next thing I know, there were mages casting tornado, no rather spamming it on me and to make it worse the game decided to summon those three giant dog creature in the mist of that chaos. Pretty much either got killed by falling, after I ran other of health items or get chewed by the dogs and then get blown up into the air by the damn tornado spamming and then died...no way out and the pawns died almost immediately to it.
#402DFighter84Posted 5/4/2013 4:26:01 PM
lin4t posted...
Sometimes this game is very cheap.

I once went in the room with the two chained up cyclops and proceeded to try and kill them with range attacks. Next thing I know, there were mages casting tornado, no rather spamming it on me and to make it worse the game decided to summon those three giant dog creature in the mist of that chaos. Pretty much either got killed by falling, after I ran other of health items or get chewed by the dogs and then get blown up into the air by the damn tornado spamming and then died...no way out and the pawns died almost immediately to it.

i encountered that same exact scenario. i play as a sorcerer. i endes up using a wake stone after the tonado dropped me, then i ressed my pawns and fled from the battle back into the hallway. the dogs followed, so i took them out. then i went up to the balcony and cast my own malestrum to clear the room of the sorcerers below. malestrum takes the gore cyclopses off their feet as well, so that made the fight more managable.

if you have ranged attacks, id say lure the wolves out and kill them, then snipe the mages from the balcony. then go after the cyclopses.
---
2-frackin'-D: The voice of the voiceless / Best in the World