Changing appearance.

#1BoneyardrejectPosted 5/7/2013 7:08:35 AM
So i had the original game, and never finished it, now i've picked this one up and i'm planning to do the difficulty switch thing to start the game from the beginning (coz i dont remember the story and mechanics, but i dont want to lose items and levels)

I was wondering if you get a chance to change appearance when you restart, or as part of the bonuses of getting DA with a savefile present.

I know there was an item that you can buy once on your first playthrough, and then if you finish the game you can change your character's looks as many times as you like, but is there a way to tweak my character for this time around?
#2kyoyagami068Posted 5/7/2013 9:51:22 AM
When you import the save file from DD(old) to DA(new), you continue where you stoped.

If you wanna play from the beginning, you have to New Game completely(and you can gift the new account, item by item) or Continue, beat the game, and do New Game+.

In your case, i prefer to New Game.
---
PSN: kyo_yagami068
#3Boneyardreject(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 12:55:33 AM
I thought that if you tried to change difficulty when playing the game, it would restart the entire story with the new setting and keep your character. Does that no longer work? I dont wanna make a new character, and i didnt really understand what you said about gifting...
#4TacanacyPosted 5/13/2013 1:00:22 AM
Boneyardreject posted...
I thought that if you tried to change difficulty when playing the game, it would restart the entire story with the new setting and keep your character. Does that no longer work? I dont wanna make a new character, and i didnt really understand what you said about gifting...

You can't change to hard mode in Options while you're playing, only from easy to normal and back. If you want to play on hard mode, you have to choose it in the main menu. The game will start from the beginning, but all of your items, wepaons, levels etc. will be carried over.
---
PSN: Tacanacy and DeValerian
Pawns: Ranger (lvl 140, Mitigator & Utilitarian) and Mage (lvl 130, Medicant & Utilitarian)
#5Boneyardreject(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 1:47:39 AM
So what's the transition between easy and medium does not restart the game huh? I wanna go through it on normal, from the beginning, but with my old character.

So the best way would be to choose hard mode from the main menu, start hard with my old character, and then turn it down to medium while in game? Or is hard mode only unlocked after you finish the game once?
#6TacanacyPosted 5/13/2013 2:03:54 AM
Boneyardreject posted...
So what's the transition between easy and medium does not restart the game huh? I wanna go through it on normal, from the beginning, but with my old character.

So the best way would be to choose hard mode from the main menu, start hard with my old character, and then turn it down to medium while in game? Or is hard mode only unlocked after you finish the game once?

Choose hard mode and change to normal later, yes. Hard mode is available without beating the game first.
---
PSN: Tacanacy and DeValerian
Pawns: Ranger (lvl 140, Mitigator & Utilitarian) and Mage (lvl 130, Medicant & Utilitarian)
#7Boneyardreject(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 2:07:53 AM
Cool man, thanks! Does that proc the character creation/modification screen?
Plus i heard that there is now some guy in the encampment that can change your looks for crystals anytime in the game. Is that true?
I'd like to see what they added in terms of character options in DD...
#8Boneyardreject(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 1:25:36 AM
So is this really true? Has there been a character/function added that can change your appearance without the scroll on your first playthrough? Or you still have to finish the game once to get the customization option?

Thanks
#9LeeCzPosted 5/19/2013 1:33:41 AM
I used "fresh" save file from DD to DA
I still had to do quest "Final battle" to unlock unlimited customization.
---
PSN SevenDiendForce