Has anyone tried Magick Archer's Band? (Immolation upgrade)

#1FiGhTiNCoWBoYPosted 5/7/2013 8:15:34 AM
Currently I'm just running with the one skill ring that boosts Sixfold Bolt and Explosive Rivet but I really do enjoy Immolation when the chance arises to use it. At the same time though, I tried using Shadowpin for a little while and just couldn't really get into it so I'm not sure if it'd be worth dropping my second ring for an Immolation/Shadowpin one. The one I'm using atm is just a Master Ring but it's 95 Magick/63 Ice resist so that Magick boost is obviously pretty substantial.

Anyway, if anyone has been running the Immolation upgrade Ring, how much do you enjoy it, recommend/avoid, etc...
#2kyoyagami068Posted 5/7/2013 9:18:10 AM
Two Platinum Ring... Mmm, delicious.

Kiddin

I don't think that 96 magic worth. I mean, I have 1800 magic(w/ the archstaff). 96 really worth?
---
PSN: kyo_yagami068
#3FiGhTiNCoWBoY(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 10:08:08 AM
Well yeah I have a ton of magic on Blackwing Bow but still, almost 100 extra from a ring? That's the equivalent of 5 levels as Sorcerer from 10-100.

I just need to get an immolation band and try it out to see if it's worth it I suppose.
#4VegerunksPosted 5/7/2013 10:22:05 AM
FiGhTiNCoWBoY posted...
Well yeah I have a ton of magic on Blackwing Bow but still, almost 100 extra from a ring? That's the equivalent of 5 levels as Sorcerer from 10-100.

I just need to get an immolation band and try it out to see if it's worth it I suppose.

5 levels? are you sure its not the equivalent of 19 levels? 5 Magick per level = 5x19 for 95.
---
Xbox 360 GamerTag: HolyKnight22
PSN: CrimsonDivide
#5FiGhTiNCoWBoY(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 10:32:05 AM
Vegerunks posted...
FiGhTiNCoWBoY posted...

5 levels? are you sure its not the equivalent of 19 levels? 5 Magick per level = 5x19 for 95.

Lol sorry. I was thinking 5x20=100 but put the 5 instead of the 20...think it might be time to turn off the game and finally get some sleep...
#6doujinftwPosted 5/7/2013 10:40:01 AM
FiGhTiNCoWBoY posted...
Vegerunks posted...
FiGhTiNCoWBoY posted...

Lol sorry. I was thinking 5x20=100 but put the 5 instead of the 20...think it might be time to turn off the game and finally get some sleep...

If you like to switch between range and melee that fire shroud and shadowsnare work wonder vs like a group of skeleton brutes. Fire shroud alone can help you vs man eater chest just pop it before open chest and it will damage as it eating also very useful vs wyvern if you cling to it chest, wrym cast spell too much to even test clinging to it.
---
I want to drag you out to the wilderness and let the monsters have their way with you! Repeatedly
#7ATRFAQPosted 5/8/2013 9:17:27 PM
FiGhTiNCoWBoY posted...
Currently I'm just running with the one skill ring that boosts Sixfold Bolt and Explosive Rivet but I really do enjoy Immolation when the chance arises to use it. At the same time though, I tried using Shadowpin for a little while and just couldn't really get into it so I'm not sure if it'd be worth dropping my second ring for an Immolation/Shadowpin one. The one I'm using atm is just a Master Ring but it's 95 Magick/63 Ice resist so that Magick boost is obviously pretty substantial.

Anyway, if anyone has been running the Immolation upgrade Ring, how much do you enjoy it, recommend/avoid, etc...

I use
Shadowshackle
Magick Rebalancer
Immolation

Ninefold Bolt - Ring Upgrade
Ricochet Hunter
Magickal Radiance - Ring Upgrade

I stopped struggling whenever i'm being eaten by the chest Maneater, I use Immolation before opening suspicious looking chests. I added the Magnitude augment and it kills Maneater way more faster. I never tried using my MA at close combat, I just use dagger for the trap, buff and dodge it gives. I would love another skill ring as the Ninefold Bolt & Magickal Radiance upgrade was only 1 ring, the Immolation upgrade would be nice I think so it will further hasten the killing of Maneater. But for my play style, Immolation is situational only.

I guess it all depends on your personal play style, me I like killing bad guys at a distance. Btw, Shadowshackle works great on keeping multiple enemies at bay. Works on lots of enemies like Skeleton Brutes, Fat Giant Undeads, and even on those 2 MK buddies.