Hard mode

#1Zakat82Posted 5/7/2013 6:02:27 PM
I finished DD when it 1st arrived but was sad that there was no Hard mode, since i am waiting for my copy of Dark Arisen to get here was wondering is there a Hard mode in Dark Arisen and do i need to finish the game 1st or can i start on Hard mode from the start ?

Thanks
---
PsN: Katakato
XBL: Katakato
#2OverlordticoPosted 5/7/2013 6:05:54 PM
I find Hard Mode overrated; thought it would be harder.

You take more damage and use up more stamina; everything else remains relatively the same. You can kill enemies almost as fast as in Normal Mode assuming you don't get hit or use up your stamina too fast.
---
PSN: overlordtico
http://youtube.com/user/underlordtico
#3ShortietheshortPosted 5/7/2013 6:05:57 PM
Hard mode was added to the original game a while back. Since you say that you've cleared the original game, then it should be unlocked, and you can start anytime (it restarts you from the beginning btw). If not, then you didn't finish the game entirely and will need to do so first.
---
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a terrible disease, Beware!!!
#4Zakat82(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 6:09:52 PM
I finished the game on the X360 but ordered Dark Arisen for the Ps3 so i don't have my original save files anymore.

That means Hard mode is not obtainable for me ?
---
#5ShortietheshortPosted 5/7/2013 6:10:37 PM
Zakat82 posted...
I finished the game on the X360 but ordered Dark Arisen for the Ps3 so i don't have my original save files anymore.

That means Hard mode is not obtainable for me ?

It is, but you have to clear the game again.
---
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a terrible disease, Beware!!!
#6Zakat82(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 6:11:59 PM
That sucks, i wanted to go Hard more from the start :(

Oh well...
---
#7Panzer_ZweiPosted 5/7/2013 6:32:27 PM
You can go hard mode from the start if you're starting a new game. If you already have a character in progress you will need to restart from the beginning to use hard mode.
#8NephanduPosted 5/7/2013 7:03:13 PM
Overlordtico posted...
I find Hard Mode overrated; thought it would be harder.

You take more damage and use up more stamina; everything else remains relatively the same. You can kill enemies almost as fast as in Normal Mode assuming you don't get hit or use up your stamina too fast.

Sorry, so your idea of hard is that you no choice but get hit and die? Forgive me if Im wrong, but as long as you dont get hit, there`s no enemy you cant defeat... I mean, it`s illogical.

Or did you wish them to make enemies which you CANT escape at all? But then people would complain even more than they do. Several monsters have moves that cant be defended with a shield. How harder can it get?
---
PSN: C_H_Oliver / Pawn: Brazen / Lv80`s Ranger / Nice looks
#9krazy168Posted 5/7/2013 7:14:46 PM
Recently finished game for the first time on hard-mode with only a hand-full of deaths. I can only imagine how easy 'normal' mode must have been.

This probably should have been the level of difficulty the original was shipped out with but alas we live in the era of casuals.
---
So you're mad the reboot differs from the original.... derp....
#10NephanduPosted 5/7/2013 7:19:18 PM
krazy168 posted...
Recently finished game for the first time on hard-mode with only a hand-full of deaths. I can only imagine how easy 'normal' mode must have been.

This probably should have been the level of difficulty the original was shipped out with but alas we live in the era of casuals.

If you play carefully and at long range, you can kill anything, pretty much.

I wonder how you killed the Drake in the devilfire grove the first time you met it. Or maybe you avoided it? Very hard not to die several times on him when he 1-hits you depending on your level.
---
PSN: C_H_Oliver / Pawn: Brazen / Lv80`s Ranger / Nice looks