The Ending Question (MAJOR Spoilers)

#1Tasty_SoupPosted 5/8/2013 7:21:32 PM
Fight the dragon or sacrifice my love interest? Any major changes between the two endings?
---
PSN: Sh17_Waz_s0_Ca5H
Pawn Name: Zanzibar
#2ShybaasonPosted 5/8/2013 7:28:53 PM(edited)
Tasty_Soup posted...
Fight the dragon or sacrifice my love interest? Any major changes between the two endings?

Sac first(it'll reload right before choice afterwords) Sacrifice and losing to "True end boss" are "bad endings" but you will want to do both simply to see em (and no downside really)

easier timeline to read would be Sac > fight dragon and win > everfall postgame(continuing from this point is the path to ng+ don't complete 20 wakestone quest till you WANT that) > lose to boss > win fight > godsbane whenever you are ready
#3Tasty_Soup(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 7:29:35 PM
Shybaason posted...
Tasty_Soup posted...

Sac first(it'll reload right before choice afterwords) Sacrifice and losing to "True end boss" are "bad endings" but you will want to do both simply to see em (and no downside really)

Well I reloaded before making the choice anyway. I want the mystic knight weapons from beating him but I am a sorcerer at the moment so...

Anyway, I heard NOT killing the dragon basically locks you out of end game stuff, but that killing him ALSO activates hard mode. I'm not building for a min/max character, so I'm afraid that hard mode will wreck me...
---
#4ShybaasonPosted 5/8/2013 7:32:11 PM
Tasty_Soup posted...
Well I reloaded before making the choice anyway. I want the mystic knight weapons from beating him but I am a sorcerer at the moment so...

Anyway, I heard NOT killing the dragon basically locks you out of end game stuff, but that killing him ALSO activates hard mode. I'm not building for a min/max character, so I'm afraid that hard mode will wreck me...

choosing to sacrifice immediatly ends the game (it's basically a glorified game over with it's own trophy) it'll auto load right afterwords at the previous checkpoint same with losing to the True end boss.
#5tadpinoyPosted 5/8/2013 7:35:23 PM
Tasty_Soup posted...
Shybaason posted...
Tasty_Soup posted...

It unlocks the post-game. If you're at least level 60 and on normal, you'll be fine. You could even enter the post game at lvl 50, but you'd have a more challenging time.
---
PSN: DragonKnight2007
"Don't ruin my stories with your logic!" - Richard Castle
#6Tasty_Soup(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 7:42:00 PM
tadpinoy posted...
Tasty_Soup posted...
Shybaason posted...
Tasty_Soup posted...

It unlocks the post-game. If you're at least level 60 and on normal, you'll be fine. You could even enter the post game at lvl 50, but you'd have a more challenging time.

I'm level 41, guess I should hold off on fighting him huh?
---
#7Tasty_Soup(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 8:20:27 PM
So I'm gonna grind some more until level 50. ANYWAY, I read that the dragon dragonforges all of your gear when you beat him. I was planning on fighting him as a mystic knight (love that class), so would the chimeric set be a good set to wear while fighting him? Like, something that, being dragonforged, would make the post game slightly easier to start?
---
#8Tasty_Soup(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 8:23:27 PM
Also, should I use a mace to get the dragon's toll, or a sword to get the dragon's dogma?
---
#9KickmynozePosted 5/8/2013 8:46:06 PM(edited)
Sacrifice, for an instant game over plus a trophy then fight Grigori get Dragon's Toll for a better Great Cannon
---
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work - Old Snake(Metal Gear Solid)
#10Tasty_Soup(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 8:39:24 PM
Kickmynoze posted...
Sacrifice you for an instant game over plus a trophy then fight Grigori get Dragon's Toll for a better Great Cannon

The Mace? Not the sword, alright, thanks buddy =) As far as armor, some dragonforged chimeric armor should be a good entry level armor into the post game no?
---