dragon forging top weapons HELP

#1ALV9Posted 5/8/2013 10:24:08 PM
i cant seem to dragon forge weapons like Dragon's Vein (Daggers), Dragon's Blink (Longbow), sapfire daggers, dragons glaze (longbow) also some armor equipped... most of them are enhanced to max 3 stars cuz i know the chances of them being dragonforged depending how much enhanced they are... all weapons are maxed out enhanced but some armor are 2 stars... i avoid fighting the offline UR dragon cuz it takes me an hour cuz of its complicated vital spots and i need to be ranger vocation so i can give my ranger pawn only forged and rarified equipment... i fight drakes instead even 2 in a row and seems like they could only dragon forge so much which is tiring lol... finding the dragons in everfall is too much of a hassle, any advice/suggestions?
#2RyouhPosted 5/8/2013 10:30:21 PM
fight the cursed dragons in bitter black isle. they have the highest dragonforging rate of all lesser dragons,

drakes/wyrms/wyverns all seem to have less than a 10% chance to dragonforge even one piece of equipment while the cursed dragon for me has been around 90% chance of forging any or all pieces of gear i need forged.
#3s_dubsPosted 5/8/2013 10:34:29 PM
Regular drakes/wyverns/wyrms only have an 18% chance to DF at 3 stars, so even lower at less. Cursed Dragons in BBI have a roughly 80-90% chance to DF even if the item has no stars. So just wait til you fight one of them. In fact, you fight one with a required boss, so just keep going.
---
FFXI: Zzir Mithra DNC90 PLD90, Odin Server
#4ALV9(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 10:38:33 PM
Ryouh posted...
fight the cursed dragons in bitter black isle. they have the highest dragonforging rate of all lesser dragons,

drakes/wyrms/wyverns all seem to have less than a 10% chance to dragonforge even one piece of equipment while the cursed dragon for me has been around 90% chance of forging any or all pieces of gear i need forged.

ah very good!! i fought the cursed dragon twice, first one appeared outta random and 2nd encounter with the super dead priest which kept reviving it... leme know the cursed dragons locations and if possible if its alone
#5ALV9(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 10:44:54 PM
s_dubs posted...
Regular drakes/wyverns/wyrms only have an 18% chance to DF at 3 stars, so even lower at less. Cursed Dragons in BBI have a roughly 80-90% chance to DF even if the item has no stars. So just wait til you fight one of them. In fact, you fight one with a required boss, so just keep going.

lol i barely went thru that boss, the super lich and the reviving cursed dragon but i didnt know the cursed dragon was 90% FG lol i had to go thru 4 wakestones n all my curatives on the lich's last HP bar... what kept killing me was the super tornado spell he used countless times lol was it any easier for u guys? im currently using magic archer lvl 114
#6doujinftwPosted 5/8/2013 10:50:29 PM
ALV9 posted...
s_dubs posted...

lol i barely went thru that boss, the super lich and the reviving cursed dragon but i didnt know the cursed dragon was 90% FG lol i had to go thru 4 wakestones n all my curatives on the lich's last HP bar... what kept killing me was the super tornado spell he used countless times lol was it any easier for u guys? im currently using magic archer lvl 114

Place explosive rivet at him when he cast spell he will lower himself then go near detonate it will either cancel his spell or make him land face down and prepare to be... You know what to do.
---
I want to drag you out to the wilderness and let the monsters have their way with you! Repeatedly