monsters health SO high? or am i weak?

#1alucard8387Posted 5/9/2013 3:07:25 PM
So I mainly do mag arch with 391 base atk 421 base mag, but almost every boss monster takes SOOOO long to kill, especially the dragons it seems. I am post Daimon and looking for a stronger mag bow for sure. I try to immolate and then jump on, becasue it seems my arrows are not too strong. The only thing that works well is ricochet IF in a tight space or if ice is effective, then sixfold. Anything thing I may be doing wrong??
---
"... and that's why fish can breathe between mountains."
#2Arc166Posted 5/9/2013 3:20:45 PM
Your stats are about on-par with mine, actually, and I kill sometimes 'too' fast. So it's not a stat issue.

I'd say maybe your weps suck, but I've been using a rusted dagger... Then again it only did decent damage once I gold forged it, so the prob likely is your weps.
#3Tasty_SoupPosted 5/9/2013 3:22:48 PM
What level are you?! My base stats are nowhere near that. I have like 220 base str and 204 base magic
---
PSN: Sh17_Waz_s0_Ca5H
Pawn Name: Zanzibar
#4ClausudoisbackPosted 5/9/2013 3:51:21 PM
Oh jesus! Your stat is too very low.
#5NineteenthCrossPosted 5/9/2013 3:53:01 PM
I posted this before.

Stats while weapon equipped. Not including modifiers (items, magical rebalancer, etc) , but including augments.

BBI Damage Guide by Stat Numbers. This is my guestimate.

Lower than 500
Come back later.

Lower than 1000, Greater than 600
Enjoy struggling.

1000 exactly.
Enjoy fighting back and forth battles.

Greater than 1000, lower than 1500
You'll get the advantage not much, good luck with Dragons (excluding cursed) , Death, Strigois and Daimon.

2000 or more.
You can now maul mostly everything on the Island. 2000 Mag means you can kill GoreCyclopses in nearly 6 hits.

3000 or more , congratulations. You can now molest everything on the island, if you can hit it. *COUGH WARRIORS*

As I said, boosting items will throw this all out the window. As Second Form Daimon can be dropped with 20 shots of 9foldflurry when enhanced/ if all the bolts hits.
Goddamn that attack goes wherever it wants.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs. Stick your fingers in your ears and pretend you can't hear other people's opinions and call them trolls.
http://nineteenth.wordpress.com/
#6alucard8387(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 8:50:05 PM
those were just my base stats
with my current weps its atk 1422 and mag with bow 1224
---
"... and that's why fish can breathe between mountains."
#7NephanduPosted 5/9/2013 10:12:15 PM
alucard8387 posted...
those were just my base stats
with my current weps its atk 1422 and mag with bow 1224

Then you simply suck.

Jk, Im a MA too with less than those stats and I`ve been doing pretty well around. Granted I still havent fougth Daimon.

Just keep in mind some things are simply... tough. Like Death =P
---
PSN: C_H_Oliver / Pawn: Brazen / Lv100`s Ranger / Fantasy looks
Are you a man? Or dragon? Or something else? ~ Frostwyrm
#8VokocaPosted 5/10/2013 2:49:28 AM
Would it be crazy to try going as MA for the first time with 536 base strength and 287 base magic? (lvl101)
I was thinking to switching to this vocation after hearing all the awesomeness about the ricochet skill, but I`m not sure if it wouldn`t just be a waste with my magic. Haven`t really leveled much with the `blue` vocations.
#9tadpinoyPosted 5/10/2013 4:33:50 AM
Vokoca posted...
Would it be crazy to try going as MA for the first time with 536 base strength and 287 base magic? (lvl101)
I was thinking to switching to this vocation after hearing all the awesomeness about the ricochet skill, but I`m not sure if it wouldn`t just be a waste with my magic. Haven`t really leveled much with the `blue` vocations.

If you've got a good magic bow, go for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it. MA's stat growth sucks, and it depends entirely on magic to do any sort of damage. BBI would eat you alive.
---
PSN: DragonKnight2007
"Don't ruin my stories with your logic!" - Richard Castle
#10NephanduPosted 5/10/2013 4:48:10 AM
Vokoca posted...

Just if you have a really good and Magick Bow, preferably upgraded.
---
PSN: C_H_Oliver / Pawn: Brazen / Lv100`s Ranger / Fantasy looks
Are you a man? Or dragon? Or something else? ~ Frostwyrm