Fresh start, or stay with old character......

#1ZenGamer64Posted 5/9/2013 3:14:15 PM
.......that is the question. I am level 50 with my DD character with around 60 hour put in.

Bought DA, and now am torn.

What shall I do? What would you do?
---
I can stare at a knot in a piece of wood
until it frightens me.
#2SleepyScruffyPosted 5/9/2013 3:17:50 PM
If you're happy with your current character from Dragon's Dogma, I'd suggest just importing him/her to Dark Arisen. The reason being, you get some bonuses from importing over. 100,000 free Rift Crystals and some other stuff, I think.
---
PSN ID: Sleepy_Scruffy
#3Dragonblade01Posted 5/9/2013 3:20:17 PM
SleepyScruffy posted...
If you're happy with your current character from Dragon's Dogma, I'd suggest just importing him/her to Dark Arisen. The reason being, you get some bonuses from importing over. 100,000 free Rift Crystals and some other stuff, I think.

You get those bonuses just from having the save data on your PS3. I started a new game immediately after booting it up, but I still got the 100,000 RC, Eternal Ferrystone, and armor sets.
---
PSN: kazukifafner
#4SleepyScruffyPosted 5/9/2013 3:23:04 PM
Dragonblade01 posted...
SleepyScruffy posted...

You get those bonuses just from having the save data on your PS3. I started a new game immediately after booting it up, but I still got the 100,000 RC, Eternal Ferrystone, and armor sets.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the correction.

In that case, OP, start a new character if you're unhappy with your current. If you are happy with him/her, then don't.
---
PSN ID: Sleepy_Scruffy
#5Arc166Posted 5/9/2013 3:23:49 PM
You can actually just pick 'newgame' after transferring the data, rather than load, and get all that stuff on a fresh char. I did.

I say start over. BBI is much more fun when you treat it as a challenge to make progress in during the story than it is when you go there decked out in Everfall equips at a decent level and end up finishing it really quick. Also gives you the opportunity to try new classes while you make your way through the game.

You could also if you have another account start DD on it and get to the first save then start DD:DA from that point, to avoid losing your beloved char.
#6TacanacyPosted 5/9/2013 3:38:32 PM
It depends on how much you love game. I already have a 137 level Pawn and I'm currently playing a 111 level Pawn just because I want a second Pawn to control when I go back to my main account to start playing Dark Arisen. If you're only going to play Dark Arisen once or twice, keep your existing save.
---
PSN: Tacanacy and DeValerian
Pawns: Ranger (lvl 137) and Mage (lvl 109) (updates every 10th level)