Assassin/ranger-Arisen and Strider/ranger-main pawn?

#1thanatos83Posted 5/10/2013 4:22:14 AM
would that set-up do well, paired with a mage and a sorcerer? My pawn Rurik has been a Strider for couple of days and was really useful with the little time I had to test him. He had previously been a Fighter for most of his levels, maxing warrior and Strider vocations on the side. I have been playing as Strider/assassin, and I really like versatility of the assassin. Arisen and pawn level currently 52.
---
PSN: Jamiaro
DD: Da Pawn: Rurik, lvl 52 Strider. Inc: Challenger / Scather
#2thanatos83(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 10:43:41 AM
bump. just wondering. :)
---
#3NeoJoe731Posted 5/10/2013 10:53:11 AM
Hmmm the only concern I would have with that party is the lack of a tank but depending on your level you may be killing things so fast with that party set up you might not need one. Unless of course you're using a sword/shield with your assassin.

So I guess it depends on your level. If you're up in the higher levels I think the damage output you'd have could be pretty crazy you'd be able to take things down pretty quick especially if you're an Assassin, your pawn is a Ranger and you have a Sorcerer with you.
---
PSN: NeoJoe731
#4NeoJoe731Posted 5/10/2013 10:55:02 AM
Sorry, I just realized your posted you're level 52. Perhaps acting as the tank as an assassin would work better then. I found I needed someone to distract the mobs and be able to take a lot of hits without dying while I focused on damage output at that level.
---
#5cameron_9428Posted 5/10/2013 11:00:39 AM
As an assassin a sorcerer served me well - I was pure strength and needed the magic support to deal with enemies that were highly resistant to physical damage. It's also easier (imo) to find gear for your pawn if it is a different vocation than your own. I can't tell you how many times I purified something that was crap for my assassin, and then switched vocations and it was a great item for my sorcerer. ;)

I think a fighter is also a good choice.
#6thanatos83(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 11:03:15 AM
thanks for the opinion. :) I dont like playing as a tank-type myself and I was amazed how active my pawn began to be when I switched his vocation from fighter to strider. Been thinking about the tank-bit... I suppose I could hire a fighter and take care of the healing mysel with curatives, therefore dismissing my mage-rental. Either that or consider a utilitarian/mitigator/scather path for my pawn, if I decide to set him as fighter again...
---
#7NeoJoe731Posted 5/10/2013 12:56:51 PM
I haven't used a mage in my party in forever. I just use items to heal myself too. I'm a MA, pawn is a sorcerer and 2 pawns that come with me are a fighter and ranger. We plow through everything pretty quickly. :) Although some of the mobs in BBI put up a decent fight lately. hehe
---
#8thanatos83(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 1:08:04 PM
NeoJoe731 posted...
I haven't used a mage in my party in forever. I just use items to heal myself too. I'm a MA, pawn is a sorcerer and 2 pawns that come with me are a fighter and ranger. We plow through everything pretty quickly. :) Although some of the mobs in BBI put up a decent fight lately. hehe

my party will most likely be: Arisen as an Assassin or Ranger. Main pawn strider or ranger, and rental fighter and sorcerer. I'll test that for a couple of days, starting on monday. :)
---