Fortune Secret Augment (Extra RC)

#1Justywusty313Posted 5/13/2013 3:03:18 PM
Since I haven't seen anyone's opinion of this augment, I decided I'd share mine: it's extremely disappointing. It seems to only increase the drop chances of Rift Crystals (the 100 RC ones). Thus, in BBI it's pretty much a waste of an augment slot (in my opinion). The only purpose of this augment would perhaps be to get 100 RC crystals off non-BBI monsters, which drop RC only very infrequently. Even Daimon himself dropped a 100 RC crystal.
---
PSN: Jethomas1984
Pawn: Balrog
#2AxepriestPosted 5/13/2013 3:07:26 PM
I just got this today and I thought it was excellent. I get rift crystals for everything, even spiders, rats and the little mice. I've definitely noticed the larger beasts dropping way more bi and polycrystals too. I just ran through the dark bishop room then the rotwood depostiry and got about 80,000 crystals.

I did also put fortune on my pawn so maybe it stacks?
#3Justywusty313(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 3:25:32 PM
Hmm, maybe my impression was wrong, though I did go through BBI from beginning to end just to try and eliminate unlucky/lucky streaks. Along the way, I killed 3 Garms, 2 Gorecyclops, 2 Dire Drakes, a Dire Wyrm, a Cursed Dragon, two Living Armors, a couple Elder Ogres, and Daimon. I myself didn't notice any more RC's than I usually get from them. But hey, maybe I DID hit an unlucky streak.
---
#4AxepriestPosted 5/14/2013 5:31:16 AM
Justywusty313 posted...
Hmm, maybe my impression was wrong, though I did go through BBI from beginning to end just to try and eliminate unlucky/lucky streaks. Along the way, I killed 3 Garms, 2 Gorecyclops, 2 Dire Drakes, a Dire Wyrm, a Cursed Dragon, two Living Armors, a couple Elder Ogres, and Daimon. I myself didn't notice any more RC's than I usually get from them. But hey, maybe I DID hit an unlucky streak.

Did you have fortune on your pawn as well?

I can get 100,000 plus RC in a BBI run. Admittedly I do hit as many chests and gather points along the way but I was only getting between 40 - 50 thousand before.

I really want to grab a couple, of pawns with it on and do a run with four lots of fortune active. That would definitely show if it has a stacking effect.

I am desparate to find a way to generate enough Rift crystals to cover all the level 3 purifying that needs to be done.Not because I can't get hires (although I don't get hires) but, simply because I think it's a bit of a dick move by Capcom to restructure the entire economy of this game around a resource that can only be gained, in reasonable amounts, from the online component.
It goes against the freedom offered in vanilla DD where solo offline was as valid an option as running a full group with online pawns and everything of value cost in game money not RC.

It's not a major problem for most of the gamefaqs community but were are only a small fraction of the overall DD community.

It's obviously a move with no purpose other than to generate additonal revenue through microtransactions, thus the inclusion of rift crystal packs in the online store which is now available in an in game menu.
The clincher is the way they've changed the generation of items from chests so that it now becomes impossible to get to that weapon/armour/gear you want without wasting hundreds of thousands of RC on items you will already know you have or are useless to you.

It's annoying because DD is one of my all time favourite RPG's so to see it being monetised in this manner saddens me and makes me worry about what DD2 is going to become.

CAPCOM, you promised us you had changed your ways! WHAT ARE YOU DOING. :(

...Anyway end rant, sorry for the blog everybody.
#5SephirotheuPosted 5/14/2013 6:01:58 AM
Exploit your pawn, post in the The Rent a pawn topic in gamefaqs. And you'll never have to worry bout RC ever again.

I went from 200k to 6 mill in one week.
Forget the Extra RC augment, its next to useless/
#6AxepriestPosted 5/14/2013 6:31:22 AM
Sephirotheu posted...
Exploit your pawn, post in the The Rent a pawn topic in gamefaqs. And you'll never have to worry bout RC ever again.

I went from 200k to 6 mill in one week.
Forget the Extra RC augment, its next to useless/

I quite understand why you wouldn't want to read all of my massive post but, getting rents wasn't the point. I want to be able to generate RC without getting rented to negate the necessity for anyone who doesn't play online or want's to go solo.

Thanks anyway.
#7Justywusty313(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 4:35:21 PM
I agree. Maybe once you hit level 200, a portion of RC's could be gained instead of wasted XP? Or hell, maybe just let us spend gold for RC's. It's not like this is an MMO where they have to be too hard-butted about letting us purify things. After all, getting the RC's shouldn't be the challenging part.

And five real-life bucks for 30k rc or something like that? Nooo thanks.
---
#8Justywusty313(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 4:46:57 PM
Axepriest, what's your PSN ID and pawn's name?
---
#9AxepriestPosted 5/15/2013 6:50:11 AM
Justywusty313 posted...
Axepriest, what's your PSN ID and pawn's name?

PSN: AspieAxe
Pawn: Shaffy

Don't feel obliged to rent, I don't really think about setting her up for other people which is why she's got fortune as an augment and I'm going to keep it on there.
she's got the oblivion hood on at the moment which is a shame as I don't like hiding her face (she purty) but, defence is defence eh?

I really like the idea of getting RC in place of XP after getting to level 200, it's a perfect player friendly solution and would encourage people to keep playing until they were maxed out. But of course, that would make the rift crystal packs redundant so that's not going to happen anytime soon.

RC farming is still going well though. did a run last night, hit midnight helix for 2 lvl 3 armours, the double gorecyclops room for 1 lvl3 gear and novelty and a lvl 3 armour. Finally, the fallen city for 1 weapon, 2 armours and 2 novelties all lvl 3. Killing and looting everything along the way I can make nearly enough to break even purifying the lvl 3 stuff.

Got to get at least a 3rd pawn with fortune to see if it can be increased.
#10BlazeAndBladePosted 5/19/2013 2:05:10 AM
is that from a lv 2 or 3 curse item?
---
I can tell you and I are going to get along just like fire hoses.
When we get turned on, there's bound to be flames!