Dragon's Dogma 2 (Phanta Rhei/PS4 Exclusive?)

#1ShinruzPosted 6/4/2013 12:20:43 PM
While i still actively play(Every day) Dragon's Dogma i am anxiously waiting for the sequel and would like to see what some of the opinions of fellow players/fans are.

While some used to believe or still do that "Deep Down" was the working title for the Dragon's Dogma sequel the guy in this interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfgGBql3Bpw) basically shot that conclusion down(Don't know if he was trolling or not)

And according to this little article (http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1951048/microsofts_e3_2013_lineup_rumoured.html) Dragon's Dogma 2 will be introduced at E3 soon enough and will be a PS4 exclusive(Did it do that poorly on the 360?)

So what do you guys think?
-Do you find any of these sources reliable?
-What do you think of Dragon's Dogma 2 running on the Phanta Rhei and being a Ps4 exclusive?

Just throw out what you guys think.
#2gioFAQSPosted 6/4/2013 12:35:14 PM
I'm most likely going to go from PS3 to PS4, so this would be okay by me. If Dragon's Dogma 2 ends up being a PS4 exclusive, I really hope Capcom tailors it to the PS4 and utilizes the systems strengths to their fullest (whatever they may be).
#3AstroshakPosted 6/4/2013 1:58:22 PM
Shinruz posted...
And according to this little article (http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1951048/microsofts_e3_2013_lineup_rumoured.html) Dragon's Dogma 2 will be introduced at E3 soon enough and will be a PS4 exclusive(Did it do that poorly on the 360?)

From what little we know about the PS4 and the Xbox One, it appears (and that is the correct word, appears, because we do not know for sure) both that the PS4 will be more capable and be easier to program for. If that is the case, then it would put Sony in the spot Microsoft is in this generation : possessing the default console that programmers code for, then translate onto other console(s).

I do not know whether DD:DA did that poorly on the 360. But, there's another possibility. Remember the Skyrim DLC, how it was optimized for the 360 and the PS3 they couldn't get it working right on the PS3 for the longest time? Perhaps (and this is sheer guesswork) playing with the SDK's showed the Xbox One could not handle the new game. We shall see ... maybe. Or maybe we'll remain eternally in the dark. Who knows.
#4ElfergosPosted 6/5/2013 1:58:36 PM
Astroshak posted...
Shinruz posted...

From what little we know about the PS4 and the Xbox One, it appears (and that is the correct word, appears, because we do not know for sure) both that the PS4 will be more capable and be easier to program for. If that is the case, then it would put Sony in the spot Microsoft is in this generation : possessing the default console that programmers code for, then translate onto other console(s).

I do not know whether DD:DA did that poorly on the 360. But, there's another possibility. Remember the Skyrim DLC, how it was optimized for the 360 and the PS3 they couldn't get it working right on the PS3 for the longest time? Perhaps (and this is sheer guesswork) playing with the SDK's showed the Xbox One could not handle the new game. We shall see ... maybe. Or maybe we'll remain eternally in the dark. Who knows.

I don't expect there will be many exclusives from 3rd parties, unless they are paid for exclusivity it doesn't make sense. Also I don't think the PS4 will be any easier to develop for than the XBox One which is essentially running a version of the windows OS and is in essence a PC. The PS4 is more capable but not overly so but in some cases this may act against it, the rule is generally that you build for the weaker system and port across, otherwise you would have to downscale in the port which is more work. As one of the main advantages seems to be the faster RAM you would hope to see slight improvements to apsects such as load times, framerates, pop-in and draw distance but I wouldn't think it will be too pronounced.
#5KingDiavoloPosted 6/5/2013 2:06:02 PM
If this is true, I'll have no choice. I'm going to have to buy a PS4.
#6raynold101Posted 6/5/2013 2:43:05 PM
I was going to post that yesterday but that list is most likely fake. That is of course not all the games on there are fake, but some of the more "hopeful" announcements are most likely fake.

The fact that megaman and MarvelVSCapcom 4 is on that list should be proof enough.

There are other games on there that are pretty much too good to be true. So I won't get my hopes up at all on this list.

*also if in fact DD2 is already in production and running the new engine, then there would have been no reason to release the Deep Down trailer at all. They could have just shown DD2 instead and appeal to even more audience.*
---
Dragon Dogma SAO Pawns (Asuna coming soon)
Sinon lv 200 Ranger - Lisbeth lv 200 Mage/Sorcerer
#7DingKingPosted 6/5/2013 2:54:32 PM
I think Deep Down is Dragon's Dogma 2
---
Currently Playing:Dark Arisen Pawn-Lucrezia Challenger/Mitigator
STARBASE:WHERE NO TURTLE HAS GONE BEFORE
#8AfroPrimePosted 6/5/2013 6:05:16 PM
I'm completely okay with this. I've been very happy with my PS3 so much that I favor it greatly over my 360 for just about every game I play. Poor thing is collecting dust.
It also helps that my PS3 has been rock solid since I bought it (MGS4 80g bundle) while I've gone through about three 360 consoles since its launch.

Definitely picking up a PS4, especially if DD2 is an exclusive. I absolutely cannot wait to see it in action and I'll admit that I want them to tell me it's going to be multiplayer oh so very badly.
---
LP LP -> LK HP
#9hakke_shouPosted 6/5/2013 11:54:17 PM
omg please give us multiplayer "monster hunter" style where we meet up and go on quests! would be so epic
---
Psn: GothamzChamp
Pawn: Maya lvl 200 "Power" Ranger LOL :)
#10SephirotheuPosted 6/6/2013 12:11:11 AM
Shinruz posted...
While i still actively play(Every day) Dragon's Dogma i am anxiously waiting for the sequel and would like to see what some of the opinions of fellow players/fans are.

While some used to believe or still do that "Deep Down" was the working title for the Dragon's Dogma sequel the guy in this interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfgGBql3Bpw) basically shot that conclusion down(Don't know if he was trolling or not)

So what do you guys think?
-Do you find any of these sources reliable?
-What do you think of Dragon's Dogma 2 running on the Phanta Rhei and being a Ps4 exclusive?

Just throw out what you guys think.

Im not 100% positive but i dont think there any Capcom exclusives for the PS3, and i dont see any reason for this to change for the PS4. Correct me if im wrong

Deep Down combat is a bit different than Dragons Dogma, it takes more of a Skyrim approach to combat than the Devil May Cry fighting style we loved from Dragons Dogma.
Combat was the best part in Dragons Dogma so i dont see any reason of changing that.