Join the Strider army!

#131MetalGearDogmaPosted 6/28/2013 3:09:53 AM
I'm really happy you like my pawn, mc oldschool
^^

I'm really proud of him ^ ^
just ask if you need something in return^^
---
Dragons Dogma Pawn: Yamato, Lvl 200, Strider (Dark Arisen)
PSN: FF7_Lissy Check out my Deviant art gallery^^ http://cyborgarisen.deviantart.com/gallery/
#132KidwegotbeefPosted 6/28/2013 5:30:08 AM
Mc_Oldskool posted...
I'm really enjoying my time with Yamato
I wanted to punish my pawn for trying to open a chest with a man eater in it
So just as I stopped him by grabbing him and throwing him, yamato caught him and threw him back

he then insisted on opening that chest when he knew man eaters are about, your pawn is smart, because if I have taken the hit, I would have died

He also likes to dazzle blast everything in his path

And Kidwegotbeef
Your pawn is super cute
She is this small girl with oversized gear like the leather circlet and a rangers bow

She really reminds me of that kid that everyone thinks she's cute trying to be all grown up, but really she is thougher than reinforced concrete and will murder a dragon but doing it with style

Same here buddy, glad to hear you like Lykopis. ^^

Her and Leon have beome close....lolol its so adorable, Leon acts as her protector. He's always near her, kills ANYTHING that comes withing dagger distance with his Heavens Keys. lol

Lykopis- "I can handle MYSELF Leon..." Leon- "Oh....I know...its just- look out GOBLIN!!"

*Leon stabs goblin in the face*...

Lykopis- -_-" ...

;D

Leon does so well though, he has to worry about two things, himself and Lykopis. Multitasking wizard, i watched him fend of a group of hobgoblins while managing to ping arrows at the ones who were getting to close to Lykopis. GENIUS. Lol
---
"Hey L, did you know? Angels of Death love apples."
Psn: La-Fantoma Pawn: Marisha/ Psn: XxNether_RealmxX Pawn: Hespera
#133Illnesssss(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 7:33:38 PM
Kidwegotbeef asked:

"What do people use Mad Dash for? Another skill i never figured out how to use effectively."

Mad Dash is the L3 dash but tuned for combat. At first I was using Cutting Wind in it's place. On a whim I began to screw around with the other abilities. Came up on some goblins. Mad Dashed up to the closest one and did the slide tackle. Knocked his legs out from under him and as he was still in the air my pawn Midnight put an arrow in his face. Dead before he hit the ground. Been with Mad Dash on my Arisen whenever she's a Strider ever since.

I just love the mobility really. The more I ran with it the better I got at it and now the thought of not having it on my Strider is...unthinkable lol.

Many people prefer the Assassins Gale Harness for high speed movement/attacks but it has a wind up. Not a long wind up but in the heat of combat it becomes a hassle to stand still and vulnerable for the 3 or 4 seconds it takes to charge up each and every time it cancels out on you. Ruins the flow of combat in my opinion. Mad Dash works instantly. It also has an optional attack that knocks many enemies right off of their feet. Face down in the dirt all ready to be sliced up.

So give it a shot. Maybe it'll grow on you.
---
"When the shades of night are falling...comes a fellow everyone knows."
"It's the old dope peddler...spreading joy wherever he goes."
#134KillkernalPosted 6/28/2013 7:57:12 PM
I've had very little time to play over the past week or so. I'll be releasing Noire and Fallon sometime this weekend. They have both been holding their own admirably against many, MANY dragonkind. First we came across the Dark Bishop and his pets, then we tackled a frostwyrm and a firedrake. Seconds after defeating them and sorting through their drops, a cursed dragon appeared. Top it off with the thunderwyvern in the Fallen City and I called it a night. Once they help me splatter Daimon, I'll set them free (for now). I need to pick another random guy/gal from this thread.

Side note: I don't think I've ever seen so many arrows lodged in a single enemy as that wyvern. Poor thing didn't stand a chance.
---
PSN: killkernal / Pawn: Lynn (Level 188) Strider
PSN: JackAlopeye / Pawn: Tad (Level 22) Warrior
#135Mc_OldskoolPosted 6/29/2013 1:46:06 AM
I'm still using the same pawns, I released Lykopis briefly to update her, and they are both doing good

I've recently encountered a problem tho
I can't get full quest knowledge with Yamato in my parrty for the quest Salometh's Grimoire

I dressed up leon, but just before I arrived at Ophis, Yamato was like I don't think we'll get very far in this quest

he went to ophis, she became hostile and he 1 hit killed her xD
( I know she respawns in 7 days)

Might release him briefly, but most def gonna rehire him, he really needs to encounter a gazer or evil eye :D

also Celeste I wanted to try out your pawn, but I can't with out friend request and your list is obviously full :O
I guess that's what you get for being #1 :D
---
PSN:Mc_Oldskool Pawn: Judas lvl 190 (Strider)
PSN:BossTurd Pawn: Leon lvl 15 (Strider)
#136MetalGearDogmaPosted 6/29/2013 3:06:26 AM
@mc oldshool

I'm sorry to hear that^^"
my pawn dont like ophis I guess.
have you dressed yourself and your pawn in womens clothes?
yamato normally waits till the female bandits attack.

well ... sorry^^"
---
Dragons Dogma Pawn: Yamato, Lvl 200, Strider (Dark Arisen)
PSN: FF7_Lissy Check out my Deviant art gallery^^ http://cyborgarisen.deviantart.com/gallery/
#137Mc_OldskoolPosted 6/29/2013 4:14:41 AM
it ain't no thing but a chicken wing

no, yamato was the only one with male clothes, but I guess I'll give him a dress and rehire him for his equipment :D
---
PSN:Mc_Oldskool Pawn: Judas lvl 190 (Strider)
PSN:BossTurd Pawn: Leon lvl 15 (Strider)
#138KidwegotbeefPosted 6/29/2013 6:20:06 AM
Mc_Oldskool posted...
I'm still using the same pawns, I released Lykopis briefly to update her, and they are both doing good

I've recently encountered a problem tho
I can't get full quest knowledge with Yamato in my parrty for the quest Salometh's Grimoire

I dressed up leon, but just before I arrived at Ophis, Yamato was like I don't think we'll get very far in this quest

he went to ophis, she became hostile and he 1 hit killed her xD
( I know she respawns in 7 days)

Might release him briefly, but most def gonna rehire him, he really needs to encounter a gazer or evil eye :D

also Celeste I wanted to try out your pawn, but I can't with out friend request and your list is obviously full :O
I guess that's what you get for being #1 :D

Lol, we've got a really good thing going here. Good exp, good foe knowledge.

Leon is so powerful, though i noticed he seems to be running out of stamina often....he has a tendency to spam all of his attacks at once which of course do massive damage because of his weapons, but his stamina pool is low so he suffers for it...

lolol, though 1 of leon's normal bow shots is equal to the power of 1 Gamble Draw from Lykopis, without the whole deafening shockwave after affect... ;D

Released Leon briefly, hiring him up again to take him on a wide gransys tour. ^^
---
"Hey L, did you know? Angels of Death love apples."
Psn: La-Fantoma Pawn: Marisha/ Psn: XxNether_RealmxX Pawn: Hespera
#139dicemanxxPosted 6/29/2013 8:32:38 AM(edited)
Mc_Oldskool posted...

I continuously strive to make room but it fills up. Message me at PSN: Sellomar and I'll make room and send a FR to you.

Time to unveil a new Strider pawn! Her name is Foxglove, PSN: sello1221. She is low level for the moment (lv40) - I'm still thinking what level to park her at. She was also inspired by Rose, and is my attempt at making a really pretty pawn:

Some pics of Foxglove with friends:

http://i.imgur.com/s77v3Qt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dNhgJhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nbHXbzV.jpg

Almost done with her gear - still working on the Rings. I'm 115 lv.3 Gear in and still no Downpour/Brainsplitter Ring :(. Got tons of Brainsplitter/Leaping Stone and Downpour/Leaping Stone tho - how annoying! I'm planning to give her a Savior Ring to increase her survivability and stamina pool once I finally purify the Downpour/Brainsplitter Ring. Low level Strider bow skills eat through stamina quickly!
---
Celeste lvl200 Strider Ranked #1 (PSN: Sellomar) http://i.imgur.com/3lmBDTX.jpg
Arianne lvl200 Ranger Ranked #2 (PSN: dice1221) http://i.imgur.com/XkHlPQ2.jpg
#140Illnesssss(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 9:06:52 AM
^I like that outfit! Gonna try it out on Midnight.

Honestly i'm a little disappointed in myself that it had never occurred to me lol.
---
"When the shades of night are falling...comes a fellow everyone knows."
"It's the old dope peddler...spreading joy wherever he goes."