Join the Strider army!

#71KOTRsssPosted 6/17/2013 1:15:46 PM
After almost 100 levels as assassin, I returned to strider just to see what it would be like. Found a strider's ring with upgrades to stepping stone and helmsplitter....

Mother of god it positively MELTS things. Eliminators went from being unmanageable on my assassin to 7 second tussles with my strider. The only problem is that I still dont have magic damage for dealing with things like living armor and phantoms, so I'll probably end up going with magick archer in the end.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#72Illnesssss(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 1:46:29 PM
KOTRsss posted...
After almost 100 levels as assassin, I returned to strider just to see what it would be like. Found a strider's ring with upgrades to stepping stone and helmsplitter....

Mother of god it positively MELTS things. Eliminators went from being unmanageable on my assassin to 7 second tussles with my strider. The only problem is that I still dont have magic damage for dealing with things like living armor and phantoms, so I'll probably end up going with magick archer in the end.

Living Armors are actually quite manageable with an Assassin. All you need is the Masterful Kill skill and enchanted daggers. He strikes, you initiate your skill and counter him. You could also use Cutting Wind. Hitting him from multiple angles will get you past that oh so very annoying shield. I run with Implicate, Mad Dash, and Instant Reset.Taking him down with well timed slide tackles is difficult and time consuming but i'm not changing my skill setup for one enemy.
---
"When the shades of night are falling...comes a fellow everyone knows."
"It's the old dope peddler...spreading joy wherever he goes."
#73Illnesssss(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 1:55:16 PM
Mc_Oldskool posted...
hmm somehow my pawn changed to just utilarian
I'm not entirly sure how that happened but he uses his skills and arrows wel, there is still room for improvement tho

My pawn has a thing for the Scather Inclination. Must have to do with what she's picking up from my playstyle.
---
#74Illnesssss(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 2:01:35 PM
Recently i've been using whatever free time I have to play the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. It's a lot of fun despite it's flaws. I'll try to put some time in DDDA tonight though. Hopefully finally get around to hiring that Abraham Lincoln amish bearded looking pawn...
---
#75Mc_OldskoolPosted 6/17/2013 2:16:39 PM
Illnesssss posted...
Mc_Oldskool posted...
hmm somehow my pawn changed to just utilarian
I'm not entirly sure how that happened but he uses his skills and arrows wel, there is still room for improvement tho

My pawn has a thing for the Scather Inclination. Must have to do with what she's picking up from my playstyle.

Well he used to be Util/Scather/pio
Didn't play for a while and came back from the rift like that
He might have spent too much time with certain arisens, but hey nothing what a neutral.pot can't fix :D
---
PSN:Mc_Oldskool Pawn: Judas lvl 170 (Strider)
It's MC as in Master of Ceremony not as Mcdo
#76joelaxlePosted 6/17/2013 5:19:19 PM
Iczer 1 posted...
Hired joelaxle's Fallon:

Favorited her, you can tell she's undergone some training :> was climbing Gorecyclopes/Drakes/Cursed Dragons + using Brain Splitter well. Plus very good STR stat, all the right skills, and looks really good too (nice job with the face)!

Only 2 small things i noticed that i would change:
- She still had the Bastion augment on, which she really doesn't need with her high DEF. Why not substitute it with something like Eminence?
- She used Shearing Wind quite a bit. Now while this is a good skill on it's own, it gets overshadowed by Brain Splitter and Thousand Kisses. It might just be me, but i prefer Strider pawns without Shearing Wind, since it keeps Strider pawns from using their true bread and butter moves. I know it's quite tempting to put it on your pawn, since it's solid and there's a ring that boosts both Hundred Kisses and Cutting Wind at the same time. Still, it's something worth considering.

Thank you very much for the feedback, I'm toying with 4 diff pawns and setups so advice is always welcome. (Thanks for the face comment, strong with the beauty she is)

Her stats aren't exactly how I prefer, she was my first pawn and I'm sure she's not minmaxed. But STR is solid. I agree, I really don't know why bastion is on there, its insignificant at this point (50 won't make or break a bbi strike). Yep, the cutting wind was placed because of the ring, I had reset there.

Eminence would definitely be abetter choice, tell me, does it boost brain splitter? Please say yes.
---
PSN: joelaxle (Pawn: Fallon) http://i.imgur.com/JAlPIpC.jpg
PSN: jenniferlou (Dahlia) PSN: Ur-Chimera (Jadis)
#77Iczer 1Posted 6/18/2013 1:10:53 PM
joelaxle posted...
Eminence would definitely be abetter choice, tell me, does it boost brain splitter? Please say yes.

I'm not sure, tbqh! I can only assume it does, since one of my very favourite Strider pawns has it. Though when i tested it with Sunflare on one of my Magic Archer runs a while ago (should work too if it's able to boost skills in the air in general), i didn't notice much of a difference. It's also kind of hard to tell with a skill like Brain Splitter, since it hits mutiple times and more or less often depending on height and distance. Even with a seemingly perfect jump, i've seen pawns doing 1 bar of damage with it and a few times later almost 1 and a half to the same type of enemy. Tough call!

If anyone has a definitive answer on if Eminence is able to boost skills and not just normal attacks in the air, please share :>
---
read me a poem
#78KidwegotbeefPosted 6/18/2013 7:57:28 PM
If someone would rent my level 200 stider pawn Noire, i'd greatly appreciate some feedback.
Psn: Veteran_Child ( L in "Child" is uppercase i )

I'd of course repay your kindness and rent your pawn out as well.
---
"Hey L, did you know? Angels of Death love apples."
Psn: La-Fantoma Pawn: Marisha/ Psn: XxNether_RealmxX Pawn: Envy
#79Iczer 1Posted 6/19/2013 11:47:05 AM
^ Just sent back your pawn Noire.

Man she's GORGEOUS. Plus I love the outfit you put together (experimented w/ Assembled Breeches too for a while, great looking piece), very well thought out. One of the prettiest/most original pawns i've seen in a while!

But enough swooning over her appearance, let's cut to the chase:
- You should upgrade her weapons to goldforged Framae Blades / Darkening Storm ASAP. With her current ATK of 2300/2100, she can't really compete with the better of them. The upgrades should boost the values to a solid 2600+/2400+. Right now she takes off roughly one third of an Eliminators life bar w/ Brain Splitter, other high level Strider pawns do at least 1 whole bar. Cutting Wind barely did more than scratch damage. A plus of 300 ATK will really make a difference.
- She's still a bit inexperienced. Was only climbing Wyvern and, strangely enough, Poison Undead while traveling with me, wasn't climbing any other of the big ones. But since you play Strider yourself, i'm sure she'll learn it after a few more runs through BBI.
- Second inclination was Nexus, is that intentional? She ran back and forth quite a bit when she had an opportunity to attack, could partially be a result of this one.

.. but yeah, with some tweaks and a bit of time she'll be a true winner in my book. Might check in and rehire her some time again :>
---
read me a poem
#80nornefanPosted 6/19/2013 1:03:37 PM
^ Ok, this Pawn is a must see.

Ill run around with her as well.