The folly of forced autosave...

#1shin89510Posted 6/15/2013 1:50:10 PM
I just met with the duke and walked outside and the camera goes over to the right towards aelinore or whatever the princess' name is. I figured I'll drop a few things off 1st then come back. HAHA how foolish of me to think I'd get a 2nd chance to obtain the arousing suspicion quest lol.

Im on my 3rd plythru and was going for the sidequest trophy and had all sidequests done so far. Even if you save, the checkpoint save kicks in as soon as you try to leave the castle. So theres no way I can reload an old save. Guess I'll fly thru the game for a 4th plythru and yet another chance at all sidequests.

Those who say "its an rpg so you shouldnt be able to reload all decisions should be final," should know by now this game is way too restrictive by all means to be a real rpg. If my decisions are final,I should be able to fight guards, not just dialogue from a guard even though im on the roof and "off to jail with no struggle." I should be allowed to climb chapels and not be detected by bandits at midnight with no lantern instead of getting sniped in pitch black by a bow bandit 100's of ft away. /rant

Moral of the story...If theres anyway possible way for capcom to make your gaming experience suck, its been programmed into the game. I want to light this cigarette, whos got flame?
#2II_Demonwood_IIPosted 6/15/2013 1:55:22 PM
Couldn't you just restart from last checkpoint?
---
PSN: GoblinSon Pawn: Erin - Lvl. 169 - Sorcerer
PSN: AnnoyedGoblin Pawn: Kayla - Lvl. 200 - Fighter
#3shin89510(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 2:38:24 PM
That would be a reasonable solution, but capcom has already thought ahead like always. As soon as you approach the main gate to leave the castle, even if you don't talk to the guy who gives royal orders, it checkpoint saves automatically to ensure no reloading if you didn't go to her in the garden.

I actually went to the wiki and edited the details on Arousing Suspicion posting "Talking to Aelinore in the garden immediately after meeting the duke is the only chance you have to obtain this quest." God forbid any more poor bastards be trolled.
#4HyrulianJediPosted 6/15/2013 2:57:05 PM
You know you can run through the entire game in less than 2 hours on NG+, right?
---
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.
#5II_Demonwood_IIPosted 6/15/2013 2:59:16 PM
HyrulianJedi posted...
You know you can run through the entire game in less than 2 hours on NG+, right?

I think the record is 17 minutes from start to finish. I can do it in 40 minutes without rushing too much.
---
PSN: GoblinSon Pawn: Erin - Lvl. 169 - Sorcerer
PSN: AnnoyedGoblin Pawn: Kayla - Lvl. 200 - Fighter
#6shin89510(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 3:53:54 PM(edited)
Of course i'm gonna speedrun lol, but thats not the point. I'm sick anticipating something fun/rewarding/cool/nifty/innovative or whatever you wanna call it, and being totally trolled; in almost every aspect of this game. The arisen is a puppet in a concentration camp. Also, if you want specific gear in BBI, have fun spending 90% of the entire expansion godsbaning and purifying such a boring chore. The worst offense any game can commit...a boring chore.
#7fullofwinPosted 6/15/2013 4:12:34 PM
You can retry from the last time you rested at an Inn. People like to bemoan the auto-save, but don't grasp how the save system works.

BBI gear you un-curse will be for you or you pawn's vocation, you will quickly get what you can use. Unless you are impatient or gotta collect'em all you don't need to do sometime boring and un-fun, just play the game.
#8shin89510(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2013 5:24:19 PM
fullofwin posted...
You can retry from the last time you rested at an Inn. People like to bemoan the auto-save, but don't grasp how the save system works.

BBI gear you un-curse will be for you or you pawn's vocation, you will quickly get what you can use. Unless you are impatient or gotta collect'em all you don't need to do sometime boring and un-fun, just play the game.

Omg none of that even applies to me lol. You must be trolling... *sigh* but in case you're really not...

I understand fully how the save system works and how to exploit it. I can't retry from the last time I rested at the inn because the checkpoint save autos itself when you leave the castle after meeting the duke. BBI gear? I'm not trying to "collect em all", I just want carrion mantle with health regen, and carrion greaves with faster movement speed while casting.

Solo sorcerer on hard mode requires patience but on a real life note, so does being locked up in the hole for 2 weeks and still having 4 months reg time to serve when you get out. WTF is wrong with gamefaqs? Do ppl just assume all ranters doesn't know anything at all and thats why they're ranting? Even so, just read my OP and you'll figure it out my god.
#9fullofwinPosted 6/16/2013 9:28:44 AM
The game keeps 2 saves, the auto-save/manual save and a save from resting at an inn. You can restart from either. The game doing an auto-save doesn't prevent you from loading up the save from the last time you rested at an inn...
#10shin89510(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 10:01:34 AM
fullofwin posted...
The game doing an auto-save doesn't prevent you from loading up the save from the last time you rested at an inn...

Omfg dude I don't know how else to explain to you lol. After meeting the duke for the 1st time and leave the castle, checkpoint save autos and no godsbaning or retrying from checkpoint will return me to a prior save.