Wow MA is ridiculous!

#1RealXaenithPosted 6/17/2013 3:52:34 AM
I never thought I would say this but - Mystic Archer is the best class in the game by far!

I started out as a fighter/warrior up to level 100 and played around with MK, assassin and ranger a bit but I never really gave Mystic Archer a fair shot until right now at level 180...

Well, recently I got a Blackwing Bow and was able to gold rarify it with mats that I already had. I tried a BBI run just now with MA and I am stunned.

I literally killed everything in BBI from floor 1 all the way to Daimon 2nd form and nothing even gave me any problems. The only time I actually got hit more than once in a row was the double-dragon room since two ice drakes spawned.

At first I was like, "Oh crap, these are strong against magic" then I realized I can still thousand kiss them with Framae Blades almost as well as any assassin and 2-3 minutes later they were both dead.

The double chained prisoned goreclops room was a joke too since you can just go to the upper level floor and Ninefold bolt them to death without getting hit. Same goes for the minotaurs or giant doggies that are down there as well.

I even cleared out the entire Fallen City for the first time ever and it did not take very long at all. I even fought an ice drake, a wyvern and an undead drake all at the same time and they were a joke. Ninefold bolt drops them from the sky with 1 hit to the head and it hits 95% of the time if you aim decent. Just stand on the building and fire away.

Just my luck that death never showed up or he would have likely been stun-locked to death by Ricochet Hunter...

Which also works in a good 70% of more of the rooms since BBI has so many tiny hallways. I don't even have the ring to upgrade it and RH was basically just stun-locking and killing everything I ran into. An Elder Ogre spawned in the sewers on my way down and he died in less than a minute without hitting anybody due me just spamming it =o

MA just has the best aspects of every single class with none of the fluff. It has double jump, dodge roll and instant reset plus thousand kisses for melee if needed and an OP skillset that just takes everything in BBI crazy fast.

The only downside is lack of heavy armors but with dodge roll and the fact that RH and Ninefold can stun just about anything before it gets to you makes this kind of irrelevant.

I'm kind of kicking myself for overlooking this class after playing for months.
---
DA PAWN: Crystal, level 180, Fighter
PSN Lord-Xaenith
#2Boog_89Posted 6/17/2013 4:00:12 AM
Im a sorcerer at the moment but im switch to MA when I hit level 100 .. i've played the MK and Assassin so looking forward to this one. Nice to see you can do well with it.
#3nornefanPosted 6/17/2013 7:46:14 AM
Couldnt agree more TC.
#4TSotPPosted 6/17/2013 10:26:52 AM
nornefan posted...
Couldnt agree more TC.

Im in agteement.

Also, with gloves of might and the climbing augments. Adding in immolation and hundred kisses... everythibg dies like waxworks in a fire.

Iys so.much fun I thinkni might switch back again.
---
DD:DA
PSN's: TSotP [Conan - lv131+ Fit] / QuaziBeattie [Leliana - lv31 Ran] / ShadowOTPhoenix [Morrigan - lv58 Sor] / Shadow_Phoenix83 [Flemeth - lv45 Sor]
#5IllnesssssPosted 6/17/2013 3:14:44 PM
Best class in the game huh? Easily defeats everything on the Isle you say?

Hrmmm...tell me then, how do you kill Metal Golems? Surely the most powerful class in the game can handle them no problem right?

Go to the Rotunda Of Dread in the first sratum as a MA with no pawns, fight a Metal Golem and come back here and tell me how well you did with your oh so awesome class. I'd be delighted to hear it.
---
"When the shades of night are falling...comes a fellow everyone knows."
"It's the old dope peddler...spreading joy wherever he goes."
#6KOTRsssPosted 6/17/2013 4:15:36 PM
Please explain which class doesnt run into that sort of thing at one point or another.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#7IllnesssssPosted 6/17/2013 8:03:07 PM
KOTRsss posted...
Please explain which class doesnt run into that sort of thing at one point or another.

Strider/Assassin/Ranger can defeat ANY enemy with the proper weapons.
---
"When the shades of night are falling...comes a fellow everyone knows."
"It's the old dope peddler...spreading joy wherever he goes."
#8cameron_9428Posted 6/17/2013 8:12:51 PM
Illnesssss posted...
KOTRsss posted...

Strider/Assassin/Ranger can defeat ANY enemy with the proper weapons.

My assassin takes ages to kill both wraiths and the magical aura of living armors, whereas my ma can 2-shot living armors without even using periapts. Metal golems are not a prevalent enemy in BBI by any means - you won't even encounter any on your average Daimon run. I love striders and assassins, but they pale in comparison to the versatility and damage of the magick archer (imo). I totally agree with the TC :)
#9KlarcPosted 6/17/2013 8:13:23 PM
Uhh, MA have daggers as well?

I don't see why you have to be so defensive and such.

-K
#10lucifel0Posted 6/17/2013 9:25:49 PM
When I first picked up DA, I tried BBI with my solo ranger and solo assassin, and it was hard as hell... Especially, those maneaters are a nightmare for solo'er. Being away from DD for almost a year, I also didn't know they nerfed autonomy... Had to say goodbye to my 8000 atk... Now I switched to MA BBI is like sugar and rainbow lol
---
PSN: AllelujahHaptism / PSN: ShuShirakawa
http://www.youtube.com/user/Lucifel0