Wow MA is ridiculous!

#21TSotPPosted 6/18/2013 11:54:19 AM
BlissfulPoison posted...
*sighs* Guess this just goes to show a hammer (or a big sword, for my preference) can't solve everything, but TC's post makes me want to jump right back into MA. It was versatile, highly mobile, and just too much freakin' fun!

Ah, not to derail, but are there any known Secret Augments for MA? Just jumped back into the DD world again and I came across some of these on accident...

not really, the secret augments are kinda lame for the most part

the 2 best, for a climbing immolation hundred kisser, are Adhesion and Opportunism.

Adhesion helps you to cling to foes and not be thrown off

Opportunism increases damage while climbing on foes
---
DD:DA
PSN's: TSotP [Conan - lv131+ Fit] / QuaziBeattie [Leliana - lv31 Ran] / ShadowOTPhoenix [Morrigan - lv58 Sor] / Shadow_Phoenix83 [Flemeth - lv45 Sor]
#22IllnesssssPosted 6/18/2013 4:56:51 PM
KOTRsss posted...
Illnesssss posted...
KOTRsss posted...
Please explain which class doesnt run into that sort of thing at one point or another.

Strider/Assassin/Ranger can defeat ANY enemy with the proper weapons.

What do they do for enemies that can only be damaged by magic?

Elemental weapons like Heavens Keys or Sapfire Daggers.
---
"When the shades of night are falling...comes a fellow everyone knows."
"It's the old dope peddler...spreading joy wherever he goes."
#23IllnesssssPosted 6/18/2013 5:03:49 PM
cameron_9428 posted...
Illnesssss posted...
KOTRsss posted...
Please explain which class doesnt run into that sort of thing at one point or another.

My assassin takes ages to kill both wraiths and the magical aura of living armors, whereas my ma can 2-shot living armors without even using periapts. Metal golems are not a prevalent enemy in BBI by any means - you won't even encounter any on your average Daimon run. I love striders and assassins, but they pale in comparison to the versatility and damage of the magick archer (imo). I totally agree with the TC :)

I agree with you that the MA is very powerful but I like to roam the island and the Rotunda Of Dread is one of my favorite spots. Fighting Metal Golems as an MA is a headache. I have an easier time fighting Living Armors as a Strider. Both battles are tedious but one much less than the other. To me anyway.
---
"When the shades of night are falling...comes a fellow everyone knows."
"It's the old dope peddler...spreading joy wherever he goes."
#24ClouderessPosted 6/18/2013 8:51:17 PM
MA is very useful in bbi.
---
PSN: Clouderess Pawn Name: Yiru
#25Face_McShootyPosted 6/18/2013 9:45:11 PM
Just did Black Abbey with the 7-8 Living Armors. I would shoot a shot at one or some of them from the starting balcony to lure them then retreated back to the slim hallway entrance. Then it was a ricochet slaughterfest.

Kinda funny though. They'd hold their shield up and when they would normally attack, they couldn't because of the Ricochet stunlock. It was as if they were saying 'Once I get outta this stunlock I'mma smash your skull in'. Too bad it never happened x)
---
SHOOT ME IN THE FACE!
PSN: DomesticAboose
#26BlissfulPoisonPosted 6/18/2013 11:44:42 PM
TSotP posted...
BlissfulPoison posted...
*sighs* Guess this just goes to show a hammer (or a big sword, for my preference) can't solve everything, but TC's post makes me want to jump right back into MA. It was versatile, highly mobile, and just too much freakin' fun!

Ah, not to derail, but are there any known Secret Augments for MA? Just jumped back into the DD world again and I came across some of these on accident...

not really, the secret augments are kinda lame for the most part

the 2 best, for a climbing immolation hundred kisser, are Adhesion and Opportunism.

Adhesion helps you to cling to foes and not be thrown off

Opportunism increases damage while climbing on foes

Ah, gotcha. Did a little digging and found that they'ye obtained from scrolls off of certain purified goods, but thanks for the info! Hack n' Slash is what I love about this game after all!
---
"A dream's only fantasy, but once you made your dream, it's no longer fantasy."
#27Lord_GremlinPosted 6/21/2013 2:37:46 PM
cameron_9428 posted...
Illnesssss posted...
KOTRsss posted...

My assassin takes ages to kill both wraiths and the magical aura of living armors, whereas my ma can 2-shot living armors without even using periapts. Metal golems are not a prevalent enemy in BBI by any means - you won't even encounter any on your average Daimon run. I love striders and assassins, but they pale in comparison to the versatility and damage of the magick archer (imo). I totally agree with the TC :)

Get magic bow and magic daggers, duh. Assassin can in fact kill everything.