benefits of HARD mode, or SPEEDRUN?

#1METALJAH57Posted 6/24/2013 8:36:06 AM
What are the actual benefits of running in Hard mode or using the Speedrun mode? besides the thrill and bragging rights of course :)

Are item & gold drops and EXP explicitly better? is there proven data defining this? Thanks!!
#2Skillet1989Posted 6/24/2013 9:51:36 AM
METALJAH57 posted...
What are the actual benefits of running in Hard mode or using the Speedrun mode? besides the thrill and bragging rights of course :)

Are item & gold drops and EXP explicitly better? is there proven data defining this? Thanks!!

Double experience on hard mode and a few rare armors after you beat grigori
---
PSN- Skillet19892
#3KryIon_KidPosted 6/24/2013 10:34:09 AM
More experience and more gold, goblins frequently drop giant coin pouches for 10K a piece.
---
PSN: Wunderloss
Dragon's Dogma DA Pawn: Link (Ranger LV<200)
#4METALJAH57(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 11:44:25 AM
Can you switch between 'Hard" mode and 'Normal' mode? or once you go 'Hard' that's it.

i might try it, for outer Gransys... regular mobs are pretty easy since i'm nearly lvl 50. BUT... BBI is fun as it is now. The most challenging fights, were more than enough ... i would not want them harder that's for sure...!!

i took down 2 Gorecyclops, 3 Elder Ogres, 2 cursed Dragons, a Dark Bishop / cursed dragon combo, the Cockatrice, and the Gazer... among plently other BBI mobs ... taking my lvl 40 Strider and Mage pawn to lvl 47 last night. Some of those battles were RIDICULOUS hard as they were. Yeah, i know i'm underleveled... but that's the challenge. I also had good support pawns.

i imagine on Hard that BBI run would have been utterly impossible.
#5KryIon_KidPosted 6/24/2013 11:52:59 AM
You can switch from HARD to NORMAL at any moment without any penalty.

However, if you switch from NORMAL to HARD you will be forced to restart the game from Cassardis (no tutorial) and you will be given the opportunity to modify the appearance and characteristics of your arisen and pawn.
---
PSN: Wunderloss
Dragon's Dogma DA Pawn: Link (Ranger LV<200)
#6IsuzuruPosted 6/24/2013 11:58:55 AM
METALJAH57 posted...
Can you switch between 'Hard" mode and 'Normal' mode? or once you go 'Hard' that's it.

i might try it, for outer Gransys... regular mobs are pretty easy since i'm nearly lvl 50. BUT... BBI is fun as it is now. The most challenging fights, were more than enough ... i would not want them harder that's for sure...!!

i took down 2 Gorecyclops, 3 Elder Ogres, 2 cursed Dragons, a Dark Bishop / cursed dragon combo, the Cockatrice, and the Gazer... among plently other BBI mobs ... taking my lvl 40 Strider and Mage pawn to lvl 47 last night. Some of those battles were RIDICULOUS hard as they were. Yeah, i know i'm underleveled... but that's the challenge. I also had good support pawns.

i imagine on Hard that BBI run would have been utterly impossible.

Well, since all Hard mode is is increased Stamina usage and enemies do more damage ( Only to the Arisen, I might add ), then unless you got hit constantly, it shouldn't be too bad. Just gotta watch out for those moves tha'll one shot you.
---
-Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen-
PSN: Calanz - Night Raven Lv. 25 FIG, PSN: IkanShoku - Viridianna Lv. 55+ SORC, PSN: Tsin_Destrius - Thorhad Lv. 14 WAR
#7METALJAH57(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2013 12:07:55 PM
hmmm... so that would in effect be a soft reset? would i keep my currently earned levels and items?

i'm a Strider soon switching to assassin ... so yeah i TRY not to get hit. :) but it happens occasionally.

Interesting. or ... i could switch to HARD once i beat the game. Though New Game+ has it's own difficulty spike i have heard.
#8MrVilla61391Posted 6/24/2013 12:13:26 PM
you keep whatever items you had if you switch to hard mode, if you have any items in your inventory, they get sent to your storage, and NG+ doesn't have any difficulty increase.
---
Currently Playing:Injustice: Dragon's Dogma, inFAMOUS 2
Come watch me on Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/xxwolfheartxx