Your Pawn stat requirements

#1HazelhartPosted 6/29/2013 11:21:05 AM
What are your stat requirements when you hire a Pawn in form of damage, magic attack, defense and magic defense?
---
PSN: Hazelhart - Welcome to add
Pawn: lvl. 200/ Strider - Image/ info: http://imgur.com/IdsZGWP
#2NicodimusPosted 6/29/2013 12:35:33 PM
Hazelhart posted...
What are your stat requirements when you hire a Pawn in form of damage, magic attack, defense and magic defense?

Before I get to that, I feel like I need to point out a couple of things.

-If you rent my pawn, I will rent yours back, even if it's a level 20 that is not going to carry its weight. The only exceptions are when I can't afford 2.5 million RCs to do it, but that will be a non-factor soon with all my chars being 200 shortly.

-I think most people would agree that the #1 priority in pawn selection is having inclinations that make sense (i.e. not guardian 99% of the time.)

-Then, I look to see if the pawn is a warrior. That's a dealbreaker unless I'm helping you out or returning a favor. They are just useless as pawns, IMO.

Once a pawn gets past that, I look at debilitation resists. They should have 100% against petrification and possession. Anything else is a bonus. Next, I look at equipped skills to make sure the pawn can actually be useful in the group. Next, I look at attack stats. I prefer a minimum of 2000 str or magic, depending on the class (with support mages it doesn't matter much) and anything over 3000 is really nice.

As for defense and magic defense, I honestly never even look at them. Inclinations/skills/attack power are much more important to me.
---
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PSN list - Nicodimus pawn: Tyrion (L200 sorcerer)
Nicodimus222 pawn: Mina (L200 mage) Nicodimus223 pawn: Nibbles (L171 ranger)
#3Hazelhart(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 12:40:53 PM
Nicodimus posted...
Hazelhart posted...

-If you rent my pawn, I will rent yours back, even if it's a level 20 that is not going to carry its weight. The only exceptions are when I can't afford 2.5 million RCs to do it, but that will be a non-factor soon with all my chars being 200 shortly.

-I think most people would agree that the #1 priority in pawn selection is having inclinations that make sense (i.e. not guardian 99% of the time.)

-Then, I look to see if the pawn is a warrior. That's a dealbreaker unless I'm helping you out or returning a favor. They are just useless as pawns, IMO.

Once a pawn gets past that, I look at debilitation resists. They should have 100% against petrification and possession. Anything else is a bonus. Next, I look at equipped skills to make sure the pawn can actually be useful in the group. Next, I look at attack stats. I prefer a minimum of 2000 str or magic, depending on the class (with support mages it doesn't matter much) and anything over 3000 is really nice.

As for defense and magic defense, I honestly never even look at them. Inclinations/skills/attack power are much more important to me.

Not what I asked for at all and if you tell me that you think I implied to get my Pawn hired, I'll be furious. I'm putting all the effort I can into making a good Pawn and I honestly want to know if my Pawn exceeds expected stats, that would just put big smile on my face.
---
#4NicodimusPosted 6/29/2013 4:56:05 PM
Hazelhart posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Hazelhart posted...

Not what I asked for at all and if you tell me that you think I implied to get my Pawn hired, I'll be furious. I'm putting all the effort I can into making a good Pawn and I honestly want to know if my Pawn exceeds expected stats, that would just put big smile on my face.

The bold part is what you asked for. The rest was explaining to you that those stats are a lower priority to me (and probably a lot of others) behind other things. I wasn't implying anything. I'm happy to rent your pawn if you'd like, and you are welcome to use mine as well.
---
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PSN list - Nicodimus pawn: Tyrion (L200 sorcerer)
Nicodimus222 pawn: Mina (L200 mage) Nicodimus223 pawn: Nibbles (L171 ranger)
#5Hazelhart(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 5:19:19 PM
Nicodimus posted...
Hazelhart posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Hazelhart posted...

The bold part is what you asked for. The rest was explaining to you that those stats are a lower priority to me (and probably a lot of others) behind other things. I wasn't implying anything. I'm happy to rent your pawn if you'd like, and you are welcome to use mine as well.

I don't prioritize stats either because I'm lucky if I find a Pawn that has the inclinations, skills and height and weight I'm looking for. However, I've read about players focusing on stats and I have no idea how many are concerned about this, so there I as purely wondering what people expect when they look for Pawns.
---
#6Hazelhart(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 5:20:10 PM
* therefore
---
#7enjelsamaPosted 6/29/2013 5:21:13 PM
I use my Own Pawns..

if i'm hiring yours for what ever reason rc farming/item gifting.. don't care.
My Main pawn can handle herself as my other ones can to.

So Long as i hire 1 of mine, along with yours. Don't bother me.

When I did actually care.
1st comes looks... if you look dumb...or using abby set, masks(look so ugly...) or end game gear and didnt even try for looks. I avoid them.

2nd, Inclinations
If I was going melee, Scather/Guardian
If I'm going Range Sorc, Sorc with Guardian to mirror spells. (as it will often avoid the range AI issue)
If I'm Ranger/Strider, Scather and what ever is fine.
Medicant as 2nd or 1st is often fine, as they are dodge happy pawns.

3rd. Stats. I'm not to worried about str and magic, (inless its online Ur Hunting..) any stats are fine by me.
What matters is Def and Mdef for what I have planned.. I don't wanna have rescue your pawn every 5mins cause they suck at dodging...and/or can't take a hit.

Looks, Inclinations and can they live long enough to keep my playing, and not playing 911 Pawn Rescue..
I'm happy.
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie
#8tritiumrainPosted 6/29/2013 6:27:02 PM
Nicodimus posted...

IMO there is nothing wrong with Warriors as long as they are set up correctly. A lot of long charge skills makes them useless. Warriors with Lv3 BBI weapons are great for staggering the Ur-Dragon which makes fighting the online version much easier.
---
PSN: KunXXoichi [Kunoichi - Fighter Lv40] http://i.imgur.com/U6Qdwx7.jpg
PSN: tritiumrain [Koara - Ranger Lv200] , PSN: Hit-GirlDD [Hit-Girl - Strider Lv200]
#9Iczer 1Posted 6/29/2013 7:21:01 PM
Listing the requirements for my favourite fast killing party setup [Assassin]-[Sorcerer]-Sorcerer-Strider:

The 2nd Sorcerer I hire should've at least 3200 MAG. If i really like the look, i can settle for 3000-3200. I'm always hoping that the creator went with a max MAG build + GF Sanguine Stalk to boost it above 3400.

Striders should've at least 2500/2400 STR for daggers/bow, STR only weapons (Framae Blades/Darkening Storm). I'm not into Rusted weapons on pawns, i'd rather inflict that Torpor myself. Always hoping for 2800/2700 STR. 4000+ stamina is good.

As for defense/resistances: i don't really care anymore. My favourite Sorcerer pawn has <500 PDEF, doesn't really matter that much if you're keeping the enemies busy (and/or inflict Torpor). I've also had Striders w/ <800 PDEF that did just fine, with deaths happening mostly in Sparyard of Scant Mercy while fighting the 2 dragons. One of my favourite Strider pawns even has <600 PDEF, still okay.
---
read me a poem
#10Hazelhart(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 7:33:52 PM
Iczer 1 posted...
Listing the requirements for my favourite fast killing party setup [Assassin]-[Sorcerer]-Sorcerer-Strider:

The 2nd Sorcerer I hire should've at least 3200 MAG. If i really like the look, i can settle for 3000-3200. I'm always hoping that the creator went with a max MAG build + GF Sanguine Stalk to boost it above 3400.

Striders should've at least 2500/2400 STR for daggers/bow, STR only weapons (Framae Blades/Darkening Storm). I'm not into Rusted weapons on pawns, i'd rather inflict that Torpor myself. Always hoping for 2800/2700 STR. 4000+ stamina is good.

As for defense/resistances: i don't really care anymore. My favourite Sorcerer pawn has <500 PDEF, doesn't really matter that much if you're keeping the enemies busy (and/or inflict Torpor). I've also had Striders w/ <800 PDEF that did just fine, with deaths happening mostly in Sparyard of Scant Mercy while fighting the 2 dragons. One of my favourite Strider pawns even has <600 PDEF, still okay.

At least 2500/2400 for dagger/bow!? Tell me how that's possible!? Highest attack growth is Warrior for Pawns and highest attack for dagger is 1429, that is 950 damage + 1429 = 2379. Bow is 950 + 1305 = 2255.
---