Advice for someone moving to Dark Arisen from Vanilla Dogma

#1joseargaoPosted 7/15/2013 6:35:34 PM
Hi there. So I got pretty into Dragon's Dogma a couple of months ago and I actually bought Dark Arisen right after it dropped. However, I have been completely unable to play DA until now because it took far longer than I thought it would to platinum Ni No Kuni.

So anyway, now that I am moving on to this game I came here for information. Aside from the new content, are there any relevant system changes to the game? If I have a maxed out character from Dogma, what bosses and gear should I be going for in this version? Will my max-strength Assassin even be any good here? What is the new best armor I should be going for? I checked out the faqs and read through the threads but I don't really know what specific things I should be looking for.
---
PSN: ukyo_rulz
DD Pawn: Melusine, level 200 Mage/Sorceress
#2joseargao(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 6:36:40 PM
Sorry. I derped on the topic. It should have been "Looking for advice..."
---
#3MrVilla61391Posted 7/15/2013 7:09:38 PM
joseargao posted...
Hi there. So I got pretty into Dragon's Dogma a couple of months ago and I actually bought Dark Arisen right after it dropped. However, I have been completely unable to play DA until now because it took far longer than I thought it would to platinum Ni No Kuni.

So anyway, now that I am moving on to this game I came here for information. Aside from the new content, are there any relevant system changes to the game? If I have a maxed out character from Dogma, what bosses and gear should I be going for in this version? Will my max-strength Assassin even be any good here? What is the new best armor I should be going for? I checked out the faqs and read through the threads but I don't really know what specific things I should be looking for.

ummm some nerfs to the assassin augments, one that I know from reading, bloodlust no longer gives 70% damage boost and damage reduction at night, it's 20% now. for assassin, yes pure strength builds are great for BBI, for an assassin it would be oblivion.
---
MrVilla61391| XxWolfheartxX | Umah | 163 | Fighter | DA
"The internet has been a boon and a curse for teenagers." - J. K. Rowling
#4lordofthenlpplePosted 7/15/2013 8:58:22 PM
They also nerfed Assassin stealth which really sucks. Doesnt matter too much since I dont use stealth or play solo without team members. But that option to has gotten a whole lot weaker.

If this game was multiplayer pvp, Id totally understand why stealth would be nerfed. That wasnt just stealth but it was invincibility too.
---
Dr Hojo and lucrecia
#5joseargao(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 12:26:18 AM
If I've pretty much "done it all" in vanilla, is there a lot of stuff left over to be completed in Dark Arisen? If I tried to just power through the BBI parts and kill whatever new bosses exist, grind for new gear and just complete the additional quests, could I get it done relatively quickly? I ask because I am contemplating whether to start with a new character from the get-go, or just complete DA as fast as possible and grind for gears, so I can pass them on to my new creation.
---
#6tehheadPosted 7/16/2013 2:09:11 AM
joseargao posted...
If I've pretty much "done it all" in vanilla, is there a lot of stuff left over to be completed in Dark Arisen? If I tried to just power through the BBI parts and kill whatever new bosses exist, grind for new gear and just complete the additional quests, could I get it done relatively quickly? I ask because I am contemplating whether to start with a new character from the get-go, or just complete DA as fast as possible and grind for gears, so I can pass them on to my new creation.

Dark arisen content itself (not counting gransys/old contents) can last for 50 hour, or just as much as old contents

Bitter black isle is what gransys is if they cut the fats (no open world, more compact & content filled)
#7joseargao(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 2:27:28 AM
tehhead posted...
Dark arisen content itself (not counting gransys/old contents) can last for 50 hour, or just as much as old contents

Whoa! That's certainly a surprise. This being Capcom, I was expecting 15 hours tops. So I guess in my situation it's best to go straight to BBI.
---
#8kelt321Posted 7/16/2013 3:16:55 AM
If u want the best experience, start from the beginning, do main complain, some everfall, and the level 50ish, go BBI, it will awesome

Maxed out characters will ruin experience, I think