Assassin optimization

#11lordofthenlpplePosted 8/21/2013 12:17:38 PM
Love this class, best class hands down personally. Rangers might have better skills due to ten fold or was it 11? But ranger stat growth isnt as good as Assassin if you are trying to front load physical attack power.
---
Liu Ye and Anais Martanehttp://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2009/07/06/4220xtylnliuye4.jpg
#12valkyriePROfailPosted 8/21/2013 12:39:04 PM
Iczer 1 posted...
The Assassin is the best at climbing foes (w/ Harness + Kisses), the extra x1.2 damage boost will make a difference.

A str minmaxed MA w/inmolation + kisses has a higher climbing dps on most enemies. Its essentially the best climbing setup by far, specially with conquerors since both fire and phys dmg scale with str.

Also, an assassin w/showdown + gouge is arguably the best climbing setup when not using conquerors periapts.
---
PSN:ValkyriePROfail/Pawn:Silmeria(lv.200 sorcerer) PSN:ShyValkyrie/Pawn:Lenneth(lv.200 strider) PSN:MustBeAJoke/Pawn:Hrist(lv.200 fighter)
#13Iczer 1Posted 8/21/2013 1:53:28 PM
valkyriePROfail posted...
A str minmaxed MA w/inmolation + kisses has a higher climbing dps on most enemies. Its essentially the best climbing setup by far, specially with conquerors since both fire and phys dmg scale with str.

Also, an assassin w/showdown + gouge is arguably the best climbing setup when not using conquerors periapts.

I know what you mean, but would you call those conditions ideal when you think about an optimized build? It's not very practical to play MA with a max STR build, you'd sacrifice way too much for it. And to some extend that's true for sword + shield Assassin too, it's not really worth trading Thousand Kisses + Tempest Harness (which comes w/ boosted movement, easy debilitation, Instant Reset, dodge roll and double jump) for something similar without all the bonuses. Even though it might be fun for a while, you'll end up with an overall weaker character if you set it up like that.

Imo versatility is the most important thing in DD. Which is why i believe MA and Assassin are the two best classes in the game, they're the most versatile if built around their strengths and are still able to excel in many fields at once.
---
read me a poem
#14asmodean333Posted 8/21/2013 6:29:53 PM
I love Instant Reset but another skill I trade in and out between is Masterful Kill. With that don't even need to worry bout getting hit in most instances. Heh especially Living armor equip Heaven's Keys and he can't even touch you.
---
PSN: Asmodean3
Arisen: Azentalis (200 Assassin) | Pawn: Wolfgar | Lvl 200 | Fighter
#15asmodean333Posted 8/21/2013 6:35:20 PM
To be truthful I was already a 200 Assassin back in Vanilla DD. If I felt like starting over for DA I would redo my assassin as more of a str build and less hybrid.
---
PSN: Asmodean3
Arisen: Azentalis (200 Assassin) | Pawn: Wolfgar | Lvl 200 | Fighter
#16valkyriePROfailPosted 8/21/2013 8:55:11 PM
Iczer 1 posted...

I know what you mean, but would you call those conditions ideal when you think about an optimized build? It's not very practical to play MA with a max STR build, you'd sacrifice way too much for it. And to some extend that's true for sword + shield Assassin too, it's not really worth trading Thousand Kisses + Tempest Harness (which comes w/ boosted movement, easy debilitation, Instant Reset, dodge roll and double jump) for something similar without all the bonuses. Even though it might be fun for a while, you'll end up with an overall weaker character if you set it up like that.

Imo versatility is the most important thing in DD. Which is why i believe MA and Assassin are the two best classes in the game, they're the most versatile if built around their strengths and are still able to excel in many fields at once.

Just pointing out that there better setups at climbing although they are not that ideal overall.

One thing I'd like to point out as well is that in my experience MA is still better at climbing with 600/600 (ideal stats for MA) over 956 str assassin. I made both arisens among with a 866mag one and I couldnt resist to compare them on Daimon.

Hybrid MA w/immolation still kills (with and w/o conquerors) both daimon forms slightly faster at 610str than assassin w/harness does at 956str. So it doesnt have to be necessarily a str minmaxed MA in order to outperform assassin.

Also, might not be that versatile but I find sword/shield assassin almost as good as dagger/bow setup, and way refreshing since daggers are kinda overused in this game.
---
PSN:ValkyriePROfail/Pawn:Silmeria(lv.200 sorcerer) PSN:ShyValkyrie/Pawn:Lenneth(lv.200 strider) PSN:MustBeAJoke/Pawn:Hrist(lv.200 fighter)
#17Iczer 1Posted 8/21/2013 11:35:51 PM

Hybrid MA w/immolation still kills (with and w/o conquerors) both daimon forms slightly faster at 610str than assassin w/harness does at 956str. So it doesnt have to be necessarily a str minmaxed MA in order to outperform assassin.

Really? Playing both too, I get better times w/ Assassin. Positioning alone is definitely easier, with the other non-Strider dagger classes I sometimes need to equip Gloves of Might because a non-hastened double jump doesn't always cut it against a moving target. The hacking and slashing @ weak spot part is short anyway once you use Periapts.
---
read me a poem
#18valkyriePROfailPosted 8/22/2013 2:15:10 AM
Iczer 1 posted...

Really? Playing both too, I get better times w/ Assassin. Positioning alone is definitely easier, with the other non-Strider dagger classes I sometimes need to equip Gloves of Might because a non-hastened double jump doesn't always cut it against a moving target. The hacking and slashing @ weak spot part is short anyway once you use Periapts.

Yeah both setups overkill in matter of 4-5 secs afterall. Immolation starts damaging before pawn manages to reach the weak spot while gale harness helps reaching it faster.

Immolation has its downsides though, not only because of the hp drain (which oblivion/shadow hp restoration bonus mitigates) but the fact that garms, for example, dont let you climb+kisses them while having immolation on.
---