Sorceror Pawn Keeps Becoming Medicant

#1BaronVonHellerPosted 9/10/2013 8:13:22 PM
I need some advice. I alternate between having my Sorceror Elvira set as either Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator or Challenger/Scather/Utilitarian through knowledge chair/potions. Yet, somehow she keeps becoming a Medicant. I do not use "Help", so I am not sure why it happens, unless somebody renting her is using the command.

Can anybody provide some advice as to what to do? It is incredibly frustrating!
#2enjelsamaPosted 9/10/2013 11:10:45 PM
Medicant isn't help related. Or even healing for that matter. (as all pawns heal at a set level, no matter augment and will heal others at set levels )

Medicant is Pawns ability to dodge, maintain its stam and not do stupid things when low on health.

A Pawn with Medicant, will be less likely to cast high spell, or skill if it will drain Stamina to zero.
They will wait to regen enough stam, they'll also keep out of harms way more often. or Cancel spell if it means getting hit. (thou most pawns do this, since all inclinations are in use, even when there not listed)

If you like to dodge & cancel attacks, or just aviod getting hit. Or have other pawns with medicant, they'll change over. There may be other things that change it, but i narrowed it down to mostly that.

I use it pretty heavly on my pawns, and they even kinda change to it on there own.
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie
#3Andre_Luiz1969Posted 9/11/2013 3:19:24 AM
BaronVonHeller posted...
I need some advice. I alternate between having my Sorceror Elvira set as either Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator or Challenger/Scather/Utilitarian through knowledge chair/potions. Yet, somehow she keeps becoming a Medicant. I do not use "Help", so I am not sure why it happens, unless somebody renting her is using the command.

Can anybody provide some advice as to what to do? It is incredibly frustrating!

your pawn becomes medicant because in your party a support pawn has medicant inclination too. Pawns tend to change his/her inclinations to match support pawn's inclinations too (at least I noticed that).
---
PSN: Andre_Luiz1969
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen - Pawn: Regina | Lvl.200 | Sorcerer
#4BaronVonHeller(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 6:38:17 AM
I don't dodge excessively, but I do move when a chimera or something is headed directly at me, lol. Same goes for spells. I cancel when I get hit or am about to, but, not just on a whim.

I'll check those in my party and see if they have it and will avoid them. Thanks guys!
---
PSN: BaronVonHeller
Dark Arisen Pawn: Elvira Level 86 Sorceror Challenger/Scather/Utilitarian