Can you give your pawn an elite lantern?

#1drlumpkinPosted 10/8/2013 1:08:55 PM
As the topic says.

I try to give my pawn one but they keep equipping the stock lantern and wont let me equip the elite. Is there a trick to it? Can they not equip it?
---
XBL/PSN: Drlumpkin
Pawn: Athena - Ranger - 94 - DA - Anything you want to send my way
#2KarmikazzeePosted 10/8/2013 1:48:53 PM
You have to do it during the day, then you just take the regular lantern out of your pawns tools & put in the elite lantern. At night he/she will not un-equip the lantern. I did not notice much difference on my pawn though, not like the arisen.
#3cjchartierPosted 10/8/2013 1:50:10 PM
Yes, you can.

If you're having trouble, sleep somewhere until morning. You should then be able to remove the "regular" lantern from their inventory, since they're not currently using it. Then, give them the "Elite" one, and they should equip it themselves the next time it's night.
---
cjchartier/PSN: CChartier2/Pawn:Charlie/Lvl. 200/Strider (DA)
#4the_requiemPosted 10/9/2013 1:56:53 AM
Wow! I can't imagine that I've got 300 levels worth of playtime and yet to give lantern to a pawn.
---
DarkArisen : the_requiem | wreck_em | Nemo | 200 | Mage
the_requiem | wreck_gow | Arya | 90+ | Ranger
#5Andre_Luiz1969Posted 10/9/2013 4:52:00 AM
It's no great difference give a Elite Lantern to a pawn, Elite Lantern has greater light only in Arisen's hands... In pawn's hands it is as a normal Lantern...
---
PSN: Andre_Luiz1969
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen - Pawn: Regina | Lvl.200 | Fighter (need BB Armor Lv.3)
#6Megiddo_FlarePosted 10/9/2013 4:07:47 PM
Yeah it's a bit sad that the Elite Lantern only has noticeable effects with the arisen, considering how huge the AoE is. Would've been awesome to double it with your pawn.
---
http://tinyurl.com/axm5u2m
PSN: SHIN_MEGIDDO_X