Can someone double check if this build is viable? 605/605 Balanced Attack Arisen

#1Frost_MirrorPosted 10/13/2013 7:37:32 AM(edited)
80/80

Anyways, after punching numbers and stuff in the calculator:

What I used:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmK8JUkSaiNAdHpnczZTdEsyYkdiRnZydEpsaVdVZVE#gid=0

ARISEN
What I got:
HP 3559
Stam 4107
Atk 605
Def 264
Matk 605
Mdef 312

How I got it:
x9 Mage (Start as this)

Pre-100:
x86 Assassin
x4 Sorcerer

Post 100:
x1 Assassin
x99 Sorcerer

Notes:
-Hah I'm going to have fun with that low physical def (Monster Hunter mode!)
-Should give you plenty of experience with both magic and melee
-Still looking for the magic number for pawns (preferably 6xx/6xx too, but I don't think its possible since they don't have access to hybrid vocations)

----

Edit: After more fiddling I got

PAWN
HP 4458
Stam 3385
Attack 551
Defense 383
M.Attack 551
M.Defense 299

I just ignored the advanced vocations in the calculator, Pawns still grow at the same rate as the arisen right?

Anwyay here's the breakdown:
x9 Fighter (start as this)

Pre-100:
x32 Ranger
x55 Warrior
x3 Sorcerer

Post 100:
x22 Warrior
x78 Sorcerer

Notes:
-Haha just like the Arisen's build! Except the defense weakness/es are swapped over!
-It's also quite funny how the HP and Stamina values for them both are swapped too!
-Complementary Balanced arisen/pawn ftw!
-Can swap to whatever vocation you want + you get plenty of playtime for melee/magic/range on both styles!

Cons to both builds: Will never match the damage output of a pure atk/matk toon </3

----

Again, would just like to ask the community to 2x check these figures (I'm really tempted to swap over to this build!
#2Frost_Mirror(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 3:08:53 PM
bump? Are the build crafting days over since everyone is level 200 these days? ;__;
#3LeidolfValdPosted 10/13/2013 8:05:10 PM
That looks genius haha, the pawn stats look incredibly strong.
---
Psn: joe-17- | Ares Nidhogg | fighter | level200 & Psn: yello-23- | Sophie Vlad | Sorcerer | level143
#4the_requiemPosted 10/13/2013 8:23:15 PM
Yeah, those are pretty close to the numbers I crunched too except for one thing. If you plan to have builds where you can switch vocations whenever you want, these work well enough. But on pawns I prefer higher def and hp than attack coz they can't truly outDPS an Arisen so no point trying to set them up for DPS. I believe 500 ATK is considered good enough [anything above is bonus] so maybe swap some of that for better def on your pawn.

Though with GF BBI gear none of it matters. You can take a MAG maxed pawn, give it Fighter gear and it will be good enough fighter. I find pawn's training to be more crucial than raw stats. A sorcerer that simulcasts, ranger that uses specialty arrows, Warrior that uses jump heavy attack etc.
---
DarkArisen : the_requiem | wreck_em | Nemo | 200 | Mage
the_requiem | wreck_gow | Arya | 190+ | Ranger
#5Frost_Mirror(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 10:15:56 PM
I hear you requiem. I'll try and crunch numbers later to find the most optimal in terms of defenses and HP.

Apart from death, are there other enemies that pretty much one shot your pawns? I'm thinking maybe during your first visit/s to BBI but I don't think anything will ever pose a threat to you at level 200 (I'm just guessing here; not part of the 200 club sadly)
#6LeidolfValdPosted 10/13/2013 10:32:12 PM
Frost_Mirror posted...
I hear you requiem. I'll try and crunch numbers later to find the most optimal in terms of defenses and HP.

Apart from death, are there other enemies that pretty much one shot your pawns? I'm thinking maybe during your first visit/s to BBI but I don't think anything will ever pose a threat to you at level 200 (I'm just guessing here; not part of the 200 club sadly)

Only hard mode, in normal mode depending on your armors. I am playing normal mode and never had I got one shot, only the ox like eliminator can one shot by stepping on you and execute you with a hammer smash and death. Defense at 600 and above I think unlikely anyone could one shot you in normal mode, hard mode is another whole new level to the game. Chest worms can't swallow you if u have high hp and a good curative.
---
Psn: joe-17- | Ares Nidhogg | fighter | level200 & Psn: yello-23- | Sophie Vlad | Sorcerer | level143
#7the_requiemPosted 10/13/2013 10:58:58 PM(edited)
Oh yeah, should've mentioned that I only play hard mode now because it gives most XP/RC. Since enemy DEF/HP isn't impacted by Hard/Normal, I get more XP/RC for same amount of time spent farming. Which also means that high DEF is crucial on pawns I take with me.

Normal mode, doesn't really matter. Your gear would compensate for any DEFiciencies and makes sense to increase ATKs. But if you want RC you want to be hired by ones playing Hard and they would prefer non squishy pawns.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, Death's Scythe attack totally ignores DEF and is always one hit kill so DEF doesn't help at all.

Another crucial factor with pawns is Knockback/stagger resistance, more so for ones who need time to setup skills [casters, warriors]. I have no idea how that is calculated, if it is based off PDEF or MDEF or some hidden number. But if it is based off PDEF, would make sense to increase PDEF over MDEF.
---
DarkArisen : the_requiem | wreck_em | Nemo | 200 | Mage
the_requiem | wreck_gow | Arya | 190+ | Ranger
#8LeidolfValdPosted 10/14/2013 9:20:31 AM
Getting side track but I think the knock back resistance and stagger and the impact of your attack have to do with your body weight. At 70-89 kg your resistance and impact are at moderate level, any heavier, you have more resistance and impacts with attacks, a slight reduction in mp consumption and able to carry heavier loads with the "leg-strength" effect where u are always very light most of the time, further range and heavier when u cling onto beast making them hard to shake you off. At even places with strong wind don't affect you much albeit all this advantages give you the greatest disadvantage.. Slower stamina recovery rate. Pawns lighter than 70 recovers stamina faster and have all the disadvantages even getting drenched in shallow water providing you are short in height which affects your weight pretty much. But as long as you are not under 50kg with height about 170 and above. You will do fine with the game experience, pawns wise, I make my fighter heavy to carry stuff but not too heavy as it will affect his usage of dragon maw as his stamina is already low. Lucky for the "proficiency" aug and his gauntlet.. He is doing well in normal mode spamming dragon maw. If I were to run a lot and play hard mode, maybe I won't make him lighter than 70 even. A fighter without impact on strikes can stay in rift forever. For Mage or sorcerer, you wouldn't want her to be too tall as enemies will see them easily and hit them easily using a small pawn as reference point..however too small and you suffer a pawn walking too near a monster to cast fast spells so she can't be shorter than 160 definitely, 170 and above would be nice provided you have huge pawns in your team, so I made her 168cm in height so she won't have too much trouble too near the turbulence of battle while able to stand near enough to cast fast spells like miasma and levin.
---
#9Frost_Mirror(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 2:10:11 AM(edited)
News: Here it is! My attempt at getting a tanky pawn!

TANKY PAWN

What I used: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmK8JUkSaiNAdDNkOG5mSDRvSUZGSlBvYkhPbU9mYnc#gid=0

What I got:
HP 4115
Stam 3335
Attack 458
Defense 417
M.Attack 477
M.Defense 417

What I did:
1-10 Fighter (start with this)

Pre-100
Fighter x20
Mage x30
Ranger x40

Post-100
Fighter x39
Mage x59
Warrior x1
Strider x1

Notes:
-Yeah 417 defense!
-Respectable HP/Stamina too!
-Notice how I used Mages in this one, more-so because of the better HP gains that mages have over sorcerers. If anyone still cares, I'll try finding one optimized with sorcerers, but do note that you'll have less HP (but more Stamina, apples or oranges really)
-I guess you'd want an extra large character so it'd be like... the ultimate mule or something.

Tanky Pawn v2
What I got:
HP 4081
Stam 3485
Attack 468
Defense 431
M.Attack 498
M.Defense 431

What I did:
1-10 Fighter (start with this)

Pre-100
Ranger x39
Fighter x25
Sorc x26

Post-100
Fighter x39
Mage x58
Sorc x1
Strider x1
Ranger x1

Notes:
-In reality, the last two points post-100 can be used as both strider, both ranger or 1/1 (I used 1/1 in my build, but its irrelevant really)
-Opted for mage post-100 because it gave more defense than sorc
-So there are subtle differences with the above build, I guess just pick whatever floats your boat.
#10Frost_Mirror(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 7:22:40 PM
B-bump? I guess everyone's level 200 now