**** the main storyline!

#1VmodePosted 10/15/2013 10:29:20 AM
Story quests? Feh I say! That's for when there's no blank spot on the map left to explore!

Holy hell I love just playing this game! I was on the fence about getting it for ages and yeah, the first hour or so had me a bit concerned at times. But man am I glad I stuck with it. On my day of I ended up playing for five hours straight (and I still wanted to keep playing!).

The pawn system, which I first thought was just some gimmick, works wonders. You can get someone so specialized it to your style of play, something that would never have been possible if they'd made a couple generic ones that you had to pick from.
Yeah, you'll likely end up picking a few duds, but you can swap them out easily enough.

And not locking you of from areas were you shouldn't be roaming is great. "You want to go there? Sure, go ahead." and when you end up a chimera chow after taking a wrong turn on a forest trail you just hear the game telling "Hey, I said you could go there, I never said it was a good idea." Makes it feel ever so satisfying when you come back there a couple of levels later and turn the same chimera into pulp by chucking meteors at its head(s).

Its... not hard, per se. "Challenging" I'd say, at least early on. Kind of like Demon's Souls, but not as cheap.

It's not perfect, nowhere near it. There's very little helptext to get you to figure out the games various systems, the quests are really generic, the camera angle fights you at times, there's not a whole lot of direction even for an open world game, and many other things. Like how I can't seem to get my pawn to stop pilfering everything in sight o_O (No! My apple, go away!!).
But I still really like just going out into the world and looking around and seeing what I can find.

Anyways, sorry about the rant. I just had to get that out of my system. None of my gamer friends have played it and they just give me these kind of blank stares when I get to talking about it.

Good game, good people, good times!
---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - extract from Paradise Lost (Book 1, Line 263)
#2blue_scholarPosted 10/15/2013 1:03:19 PM
indeed..
---
PSN: butter_and_guns ( Ellyn / lv200 / sorceress )
alt PSN: mr_KUPAL ( Adelina / lv200 / warrior )
#3darkvoid2100Posted 10/15/2013 3:43:42 PM
my biggest gripe with the game is that the enemy spawns aren't random, it's so boring going out into the wilderness and knowing exactly when something is going to attack you.
---
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3720/89106594.jpg
http://s18.postimage.org/pz9w0l995/jill.jpg
#4Vmode(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 1:19:35 PM
darkvoid2100 posted...
my biggest gripe with the game is that the enemy spawns aren't random, it's so boring going out into the wilderness and knowing exactly when something is going to attack you.

I admit, that part kind of sucks a bit. I've gotten to the point where I know pretty much where everyone's going to be and it kind of takes the fun out a bit ("ambush" my butt, I knew you where there!).
---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - extract from Paradise Lost (Book 1, Line 263)
#5Zasamel01Posted 10/24/2013 1:38:41 PM
Vmode posted...
darkvoid2100 posted...

I admit, that part kind of sucks a bit. I've gotten to the point where I know pretty much where everyone's going to be and it kind of takes the fun out a bit ("ambush" my butt, I knew you where there!).

try removing the hud display it will make adventuring 10x better cause you now will have to travel by memory /stars at night.
---
HE GON GET DIS WORK!: Ain't it evil to live backwards.
PSN:Zasamel01 Pawn:Jaffe
#6SG-ZeroHunt-Posted 10/27/2013 7:57:07 AM
Zasamel01 posted...
Vmode posted...
darkvoid2100 posted...

try removing the hud display it will make adventuring 10x better cause you now will have to travel by memory /stars at night.

Boom. That's what I did. And my first few playthroughs were just runthroughs. I didn't fully explore everything because I knew I'd be starting over and I didn't want things to be dull. I still have yet to enter most areas of the map that aren't Gran Soren and Bluemoon Tower.
---
DD:DA PSN: SG-Nyne-/Pawn Lvl -- Unknown
-Building final character- Still whirling around your pawns!