Do's & don't's of hiring to give gifts!

#1KarmikazzeePosted 10/15/2013 2:48:48 PM
I was led to believe that you could not just hire a pawn give them a gift & release them or the gift will be lost. But I have seen & have had people give me multiple gifts, so I'm wondering what the rules are?
Psn: Karmikazzee | Whynot! lvl 200 sorcerer "No dying now."
#2xionxXxPosted 10/15/2013 3:42:40 PM
I know what you mean. I've had people give my gifts but no RC which I think means they immediately sent my pawn back. But my friend tried that and there was no mention of him hiring my pawn. I think its guaranteed if you use a pawn for at least an hour since in the game it records how long you have spent with a pawn by the hour. If sent immediately back, it could be random or just dumb luck. Sorry, I'm confused too.:) Just joined the club right away. Nice to meet you.
----
PSN: BladeZDT/ Pawn: Scarlet/ Ranger lv. 188
#3Sephivengeance9Posted 10/15/2013 3:54:25 PM
Hire the pawn, leave the rift and sleep at a rest bench/inn/rest camp, return to the rift and release the Pawn, sending the desired gift with them as you do, leave the rift and sleep at a rest bench/inn/rest camp. The gift has been sent without you needing to actually play with the pawn. I've done this plenty of times whilst gifting myself items through various accounts.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#4SSJPabsPosted 10/15/2013 3:54:55 PM
I've done a lot of transfers to myself from an old account and I am pretty sure as long as you:

1. hire a pawn
2. sleep at an inn
3. release pawn with gift
4. sleep at an inn

It will work even if you only have the pawn for a few minutes. In fact, I've given myself multiple gifts by repeating 1-4 before switching to the gifted account and sleeping at an inn.
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#5cjchartierPosted 10/15/2013 4:33:08 PM
You can do it without having to leave the Rift.

1) Summon pawn.
2) Hire the pawn.
3) Release pawn with a gift.

Rinse and repeat steps 1-3 until you've given the pawn a max of up to 10 items.

4) Exit the Rift.
5) Go rest or sleep.
6) Done.

I've used this method countless times, and it's always worked fine.
---
CChartier2/Charlie/Lvl. 200/Strider (DA)
CChartier3/Victoria/Lv. 77/Strider(DA)
#6Karmikazzee(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2013 4:56:43 PM
Thanks CChartier, that explains it. For example Dragontongue88 once sent Whynot! back with 5 pieces of BBI equipment so I knew it had to be something like that. Learning so much here.
Psn: Karmikazzee | Whynot! lvl 200 sorcerer
#7Sephivengeance9Posted 10/15/2013 5:09:46 PM
cjchartier posted...

1) Summon pawn.
2) Hire the pawn.

4) Exit the Rift.
5) Go rest or sleep.
6) Done.

Well, that cuts some significant time off of my future gifts to myself. I wasn't sure if I had to rest between hires, and sending the gifts so I played it safe.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#8Andre_Luiz1969Posted 10/15/2013 7:51:34 PM
cjchartier posted...

1) Summon pawn.
2) Hire the pawn.

4) Exit the Rift.
5) Go rest or sleep.
6) Done.

I do this method daily with 4 accounts in my PS3. I multiply Cursed items in 3 accounts and give them to my main account. BTW, I can do 10 items per account x3, totally 30 items, rest and I will receive the 30 at once, or I can only receive max 10 items at once? (If 15 players give 1 item each to me, I will receive 15 items or max 10?
---
PSN: Andre_Luiz1969
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen - Pawn: Regina | Lvl.200 | Fighter (need BB Armor Lv.3)
#9the_requiemPosted 10/15/2013 8:16:56 PM
Mechanics of hiring:

1. Game keeps track of releases and active hires in your savefile locally.
2. It can store up to 10 releases on local save. These 10 can be different pawns or same pawn 10 times.
3. When you rest at inn/bench when connected online, your savefile is synced with servers and all the releases in your save are uploaded. If you're offline, nothing is synced and releases continue to be in your savefile.
4. When you rest at inn game downloads hires YOU got from server.
5. I believe [based on what I read in nhankins7's posts] server can keep at the most 100 outstanding rents for you.
6. When you rest and get info on hires your pawn got, it clears out information on server side.
7. What 5 and 6 means is if you never rest at inn to get server data, you will lose any hires that go above 100, most likely it is a queue and if you get 101st hire, 1st one is removed.

In case am wrong on something, hope others can correct me.

tl;dr1: You can hire and release up to 10 pawns [offline or online] but after 10 you have to sleep when online else you will lose hires.

tl;dr2: If you get more than 100 hires between sleeping you will lose some of them.
---
DarkArisen : the_requiem | wreck_em | Nemo | 200 | Mage
the_requiem | wreck_gow | Arya | 200 | Ranger
#10Andre_Luiz1969Posted 10/16/2013 4:16:39 AM
the_requiem posted...
Mechanics of hiring:

1. Game keeps track of releases and active hires in your savefile locally.
2. It can store up to 10 releases on local save. These 10 can be different pawns or same pawn 10 times.
3. When you rest at inn/bench when connected online, your savefile is synced with servers and all the releases in your save are uploaded. If you're offline, nothing is synced and releases continue to be in your savefile.
4. When you rest at inn game downloads hires YOU got from server.
5. I believe [based on what I read in nhankins7's posts] server can keep at the most 100 outstanding rents for you.
6. When you rest and get info on hires your pawn got, it clears out information on server side.
7. What 5 and 6 means is if you never rest at inn to get server data, you will lose any hires that go above 100, most likely it is a queue and if you get 101st hire, 1st one is removed.

In case am wrong on something, hope others can correct me.

tl;dr1: You can hire and release up to 10 pawns [offline or online] but after 10 you have to sleep when online else you will lose hires.

tl;dr2: If you get more than 100 hires between sleeping you will lose some of them.

Thanks. Cleared my mind.
---
PSN: Andre_Luiz1969
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen - Pawn: Regina | Lvl.200 | Ranger (need BB ARMOR Lv.3)