Sorcerer Setup and Eye Boss (Post Game)

#1KADFCPosted 10/15/2013 3:14:08 PM
Well, I'm having trouble and it's kinda like a no wonder since I've only used Mage and haven't changed to anyone else. I got to Everfall and I don't know how to progress further. This boss, no matter how hard I try, is not dying. It's a big a eye with tentacles coming out of the ground.

Regardless of that, I decided to use that exploit near the castle to get more DP. I find it a great way to max my vocation, which I have never did much with. So, I'm basically letting it do its thing while I keep changing and maxing all the vocations.

Which brings me to my question. What's a good setup for a Sorcerer with all the vocations maxed? I could max everything (spell, aug, skill) , but I think that will take another 5-7 days or more. I don't want that.

I read the Sorc FAQ and I did learn alot, but it doesn't give me an example of a good setup. How about this, what's the ultimate setup? So far for Sorc, I've only tested Miasma. I thought it would take me to the end of the game. Yet, can't get pass the eyeball.

What I have so far:
Focused Bolt
Atunement
Conservation
Acuity
Articulacy

Spells at High
Maelstorm
Bolide
Miasma
Necromancy
Seism

I want this setup to last me for the rest of the game so that I don't have to change it. I'm lazy and I just want my plat trophy. ;)

Also, what's the strategy for the Eyeball? Something tells me to become a Ranger, but that's a completely new play-style for me.
#2Sephivengeance9Posted 10/15/2013 4:07:21 PM
I'm assuming you mean The Evil Eye, in The Everfall? Easiest way I'd be able to think of would be to hire a Pawn with Holy Affinity -or equip it on yourself for this fight- and then charge up focused bolts whilst waiting for it to cast spells/use its gaze attack/etc.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#3the_requiemPosted 10/15/2013 8:27:25 PM
You need to clarify if it is the Big Eye in Everfall [most likely] or the one in BBI.

I'll assume it is first one.

Trick is, if it's barrier is up it will not take any damage. When it is trying to launch an offensive spell, attack it to stun it. When it falls on ground with eye out, that is when you need to go on all out attack.

It is weak to holy, so Holy Focussed Bolt will work very well, though don't remember if other tentacles make it difficult to aim. High Siesm can also work very well if you can get around to casting it.
---
DarkArisen : the_requiem | wreck_em | Nemo | 200 | Mage
the_requiem | wreck_gow | Arya | 200 | Ranger
#4KADFC(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 1:50:26 PM
I finally did it. It works. Somehow I kept on going and ran into another Eye boss. It went smoother the 2nd time. Got to this place where I saw 2 Chimeras, 1 Death Mage or something, and a pack of wolves. I don't see how I would ever beat that. I died 3 times and I decided to run away.

Well, I did say Everfall in my post didn't I? It's like I said any other place that I was at. While on the subject, can someone explain the concept of Everfall for me? So we jump down and go through these doors that contain boss like battles. It never ends and the point is to collect 20 of those Wakestones in the process... that's it?

Btw, where is this UR Dragon everything is talking about? I don't see it.

I got about 15 Wakestone, got bored, went to see what the fuss BBI was about. It feels like an endless dungeon or something...
#5LeidolfValdPosted 10/17/2013 11:52:32 PM
KADFC posted...
I finally did it. It works. Somehow I kept on going and ran into another Eye boss. It went smoother the 2nd time. Got to this place where I saw 2 Chimeras, 1 Death Mage or something, and a pack of wolves. I don't see how I would ever beat that. I died 3 times and I decided to run away.

Well, I did say Everfall in my post didn't I? It's like I said any other place that I was at. While on the subject, can someone explain the concept of Everfall for me? So we jump down and go through these doors that contain boss like battles. It never ends and the point is to collect 20 of those Wakestones in the process... that's it?

I got about 15 Wakestone, got bored, went to see what the fuss BBI was about. It feels like an endless dungeon or something...

It's the chamber of lament, at Ng+ there's a pseudo riftstone that brings you to ur dragon at cassardis beach, just stroll along to find it if you can't at chamber of lament at ng+ the strategy I used and seen my brother used fighter the gorechimera, chimera, wright and the annoying hellhounds is simply hire pawns for distraction, my brother and I didn't though. I simply rolled around while making the horde targeting my pawn while I slowly mitigate the evil force in that particular accursed room. Patience is the key, roll till opportunities arise. My bro used assassin with a sword lol and he died a lot of times because he only has his main pawn with him and he can't double jump or roll. Poor maneuvering can kill. Well the lesson is hire pawns and make them "go" at the start, walk along the side killing annoying hellhounds skillfully without messing up and u hit the wright because it can revive any fallen parties of his. Hellhounds have a lot of exp but I told myself I really wouldn't want to farm here.
---
Psn: joe-17- | Ares Nidhogg | fighter | level200 & Psn: yello-23- | Sophie Vlad | Sorcerer | level143
#6the_requiemPosted 10/18/2013 5:29:16 AM
KADFC posted...

Oops! I must've glazed over that part of your post where you mention Everfall.

Before BBI, Everfall gave best loot in game. So, it was used for farming chests like in Chamber of Hope for best gear.

Ur Dragon can be fought anytime in NG+ onwards by using the stone at Starfall Bay, a beach in Cassardis to the right when facing sea.

BBI is long dungeon with toughest monsters and best gear in game. Not to mention an NPC that can "blacksmith" all gear up to 2 levels above DragonForge.
---
DarkArisen : the_requiem | wreck_em | Nemo | 200 | Mage
the_requiem | wreck_gow | Arya | 200 | Ranger