Stupid Cursed Dragon!

#1HiatosPosted 10/16/2013 6:55:30 AM
I can't believe this... My team is around level 90 and I ended up losing to a corpse-feeding Cursed Dragon in the Shrine of Treasons Repaid...

Basically, I ended using all of my curatives, saw my Pawns drop more than twice each, and had that blasted dragon down to half a bar when one of my Pawns ended up Possessed and killed me...

My current team:
Main Pawn: level 90, Mystic Knight
Weapon: Dragon's Toll (rank 1), Dragon's Faith (rank 2)
Head armor: Immortal's Helm (rank 0)
Body armor: Meloirian Plate (Silver Rare), Dragonleather Vest (rank 3)
Arms: Dragonleather Gloves (rank 3)
Boots: Meloirian Boots (Dragonforged), Silver Hosen (rank 1)
Cape: Paladin's Mantle (Silver Rare)
Rings: Restless Earrings, Ring of Perseverance

Main Pawn: Level 90, Sorcerer
Weapon: Solar Providence (rank 3)
Head Armor: Adept's Hat (rank 0, just got from purifying)
Body Armor: Patterned Gambeson (rank 1), Adept's Robe (rank 0)
Arms: Jade Bangles (rank 3)
Boots: Black Knee-High Boots (rank 3), Striker's Breaches (rank 2)
Cape: Adventurer's Cloak (Dragonforged)
Rings: Restless Earrings, Staff-Enchanter's Ring (Fire/Ice Affinity)

Current side pawns:
- Fighter (can't remember the level)
- Mage (due to use of High Anodyne)

I know I need to rank up my equipment, but I have about 1,7 million gold, and some upgrade items I don't have yet (like Banshee Larynx).
#2the_requiemPosted 10/16/2013 7:04:56 AM
Hiatos posted...
I can't believe this... My team is around level 90 and I ended up losing to a corpse-feeding Cursed Dragon in the Shrine of Treasons Repaid...

Basically, I ended using all of my curatives, saw my Pawns drop more than twice each, and had that blasted dragon down to half a bar when one of my Pawns ended up Possessed and killed me...

My current team:
Main Pawn: level 90, Mystic Knight
Weapon: Dragon's Toll (rank 1), Dragon's Faith (rank 2)
Head armor: Immortal's Helm (rank 0)
Body armor: Meloirian Plate (Silver Rare), Dragonleather Vest (rank 3)
Arms: Dragonleather Gloves (rank 3)
Boots: Meloirian Boots (Dragonforged), Silver Hosen (rank 1)
Cape: Paladin's Mantle (Silver Rare)
Rings: Restless Earrings, Ring of Perseverance

Main Pawn: Level 90, Sorcerer
Weapon: Solar Providence (rank 3)
Head Armor: Adept's Hat (rank 0, just got from purifying)
Body Armor: Patterned Gambeson (rank 1), Adept's Robe (rank 0)
Arms: Jade Bangles (rank 3)
Boots: Black Knee-High Boots (rank 3), Striker's Breaches (rank 2)
Cape: Adventurer's Cloak (Dragonforged)
Rings: Restless Earrings, Staff-Enchanter's Ring (Fire/Ice Affinity)

Current side pawns:
- Fighter (can't remember the level)
- Mage (due to use of High Anodyne)

I know I need to rank up my equipment, but I have about 1,7 million gold, and some upgrade items I don't have yet (like Banshee Larynx).

You need pawns with resistance to Possession when fighting Drakes.
All Drakes have a roar attack that WILL kill all pawns who get caught, which most of times happens to be all the melee ones.
Go for the Heart.

That is beauty of the game, even at level200 and with GF gear [like I am] you can die if you're not strategic enough. Drakes mostly have high MDEF, try physical attacks on heart with Holy.
---
DarkArisen : the_requiem | wreck_em | Nemo | 200 | Mage
the_requiem | wreck_gow | Arya | 200 | Ranger
#3Sephivengeance9Posted 10/16/2013 7:05:09 AM
A word of advice, get the augment Suasion for both yourself, and your Pawn to bump up the price that you sell things for, and if you have any put a Ring of Thrift in your carried inventory to further bump up the price, one for each party member if you can to get the most out of it.

After that, sell everything you no longer use, or have no intention of ever using along with some Wakestones -if you have them- and you'll pretty much never need to worry about gold again, especially if you're running BBI and getting weapons, and armour from cursed items that you know you'll never use.

With regard to rare items, farm for just one of them and then use the Black Cat to forge the rest, apparently his forgeries are SO good that he actually makes a duplicate of the real thing when you give him materials. It may cost you a fair bit of gold, but it cuts a lot of time off of farming for items.
---
My Agent Hunt vids.
http://tinyurl.com/caoo5f3
#4LeidolfValdPosted 10/16/2013 9:38:40 AM
My warrior and sorcerer can't be possessed hah! The easy way is to use periapts with abyssinal anguish when dragon is down and hit it especially the square pause square repetively
---
Psn: joe-17- | Ares Nidhogg | fighter | level200 & Psn: yello-23- | Sophie Vlad | Sorcerer | level143
#5SSJPabsPosted 10/16/2013 11:28:42 AM
I've never actually seen a Cursed Dragon do the pawn killing roar.

I did it see it possess a third-party pawn the other day (mine is 100% possession resistant) but I've only seen that twice ever.
---
I used to have an account in 2002, but Gamefaqs ate it.
#6Hiatos(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 11:46:17 AM
Sephivengeance9 posted...
A word of advice, get the augment Suasion for both yourself, and your Pawn to bump up the price that you sell things for, and if you have any put a Ring of Thrift in your carried inventory to further bump up the price, one for each party member if you can to get the most out of it.

Where do you find a Ring of Thrift?
#7John_McTrollsonPosted 10/16/2013 11:51:38 AM
Hiatos posted...

By purifying a Bitterblack Novelty 3.
---
PSN: John_McTrollson / Pawn: Ruby Level 200
PSN: See spreadsheet / Pawn: Liana Level 200
#8Hiatos(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2013 12:15:38 PM
John_McTrollson posted...
Hiatos posted...

Considering I have yet to go farther than the Shrine of Treasons Repaid, where am I supposed to find that? and what color combination to use to get it?
#9John_McTrollsonPosted 10/16/2013 1:20:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10John_McTrollsonPosted 10/16/2013 1:25:39 PM
Hiatos posted...
John_McTrollson posted...
Hiatos posted...

Considering I have yet to go farther than the Shrine of Treasons Repaid, where am I supposed to find that? and what color combination to use to get it?

If you are still doing the first round of Bitterblack Isle then you will probably only find one novelty 3, which is located inside the chest where you found the first void key. After you beat the isle the second time. Then they become much more common. As for color combination, it doesn't go based of that. You just simply need to purify them as you get them. Might take a few novelties as the ring is not common. I'll send you one later tonight from one of my accounts. I just need your PSN.
---
PSN: John_McTrollson / Pawn: Ruby Level 200
PSN: See spreadsheet / Pawn: Liana Level 200