Trouble with Death as a Sorcerer.

#1BoogieManFLPosted 12/31/2013 8:23:26 AM
At this point, I'm about level 133. My leveling past was something like 20 as a Mage, 25 as a Mystic Knight, 5 as a Strider, 5 as an Assassin, and the rest as a Sorcerer. My Magic is around 3300. Note that I'd prefer to properly kill him and not try and get him to fall off a cliff.

I've fought Death a number of times trying different things, but no matter what I try the amount of damage I do to him is just pathetic. Everything else I work over pretty handily. Last night went through most of Bitterblack with just me as a Sorcerer, and my pawn as a Sorcerer, and got my first Daimon 2nd form kill with just the two of us. I have us both in fully rarefied BBI gear.

I've tried every spell against him, many do no perceptible damage at all, and those that do damage, do so very little. I tried gearing up as a Mystic Knight and using those skills on him, or just going full melee, and it's about the same. Very little damage done before he gets bored and leaves.

As a MK or a Sorcerer I can dominate the Ur-Dragon to the point he can barely stay on he feet half the fight. Neither Daimon fights were difficult either. While Death is an easy fight as well so long as you know what to do, it's getting very tedious and boring to chip away at his HP in such shamefully low amounts. I've also tried loading up on buff charms and while I do see an increase, it's pretty minimal.

I've read he's much easier for physical damage classes, but my strength is pretty low having leveling as mostly magic based classes. I've not spent any time as a Magick Archer yet however. Would that work better on him? If so, what skills do you suggest for dealing with Death?

Any other advice?
---
PSN: Raivinfyre - Pawn: Elsa - Sorcerer lvl 133 BBI geared
#2tomo012Posted 12/31/2013 8:28:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3ArchiantagonistPosted 12/31/2013 8:51:10 AM(edited)
Death is designed to be fought multiple times,
so she has high resistance to melee and especially magic damage.
You simply can't kill her in one go [with any class]
unless stick yourself on using cheap OP'd setups
[like 5/10-fold shot + Blasted Arrows + Periapts with bow classes],
cos' after taking away ~1.5-2.5 health bars, she'll retreat from the fight
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
#4tomo012Posted 12/31/2013 9:12:07 AM
Depending on where you are MA can be quite OP. But for the most part MA will kick Death's ass.
#5MussuranaPosted 12/31/2013 9:34:20 AM
For MA, tempt her into a narrow passage and spam ricochet hunter 'til she croaks or runs. Stacking x4 demon periapts speeds up the process naturally.
---
PSN Mussurana : Pawn Inzoliah Warrior Lvl 69+ please don't re-equip
#6PhanamosayusPosted 12/31/2013 9:47:15 AM
That's strange. My Magic is 4000ish, and after a few Focused Bolts [Holy Enchantment], one health bar is nearly gone and Death runs off.

Well regardless, trust me when I say killing Death the right way isn't satisfying at all. He just runs and runs and runs.
#7tomo012Posted 12/31/2013 10:04:05 AM
Mussurana posted...
For MA, tempt her into a narrow passage and spam ricochet hunter 'til she croaks or runs. Stacking x4 demon periapts speeds up the process naturally.

Death is a "he" not a "she"...
#8TribalDragon-Posted 12/31/2013 10:09:02 AM
tomo012 posted...
Mussurana posted...

Death is a "he" not a "she"...

Ahaha i felt the same way when i read that msg, but i wasn't about to start that argument lol.
---
I remember a time when we played games to have fun, today people spend 25% of the time playing and 75% complaining about trivial stuff. we have options, use em!
#9tomo012Posted 12/31/2013 10:22:37 AM
Historically for the western world Death has always been masculine and attributed to a male. Many historical and archaeological references dating back thousands of years is what I base my argument on especially regarding a Judeo-Christian basis.

Granted, there are some cultures and mythologies that can portray Death as a female, but Death is more commonly accepted as a "he".
#10LeidolfValdPosted 12/31/2013 10:54:59 AM
I always thought death was a female arisen actually haha.

Ma can get her health down by half of her bars by periapts and black wing bow gold forged. My mag is at 640+ base, in a small area with ricochet hunter, I can easily deal great damage to her especially if you have preemptive strike as augment. You might be able to take away 4-5 bars with a few 9 fold with things set up properly. The only class that can kill her in one go is the yellow class. If you need the materials, I suggest blast arrows :)
---
Psn: joe-17- | Rose Nidhogg | fighter | level200 & Psn: yello-23- | Miyako Vlad | Sorcerer | level200 | Psn: bossaindie | callidora |