is the ur-dragon really worth the trouble?

#1SliepnerduexPosted 1/6/2014 7:52:48 PM
I just created my account tonight so not aware if this is an open topic amongst the myriad of older threads, but I guess the first question I wanted to pose in this introduction is, after the second time of beating the ur-dragon and evaluating the time to benefit ratio and as monotonous as it became, I don't understand how this thing is worth the trouble. That is to say, I was pretty disappointed in what I got out of it.

In the time I took to wander through some of the topics on the board I saw a few people ask questions of "how do you stay interested after 200..." and the like, and I guess after defeating Daimon quite a few times and then this second go-around w/ Mr. Ur and not getting anything really great, I'm wondering the same. Maybe I'm looking for a pep talk ;)

Also, how do I post info for my older pawn on the bottom of my posts...like a sticky? She's been used only a few times and, now that I'm "here," would be curious to see how you guys/ladies would rate her...
For now, I'll just add it here:
PSN: Sliepner Pawn: Galchobar lvl 200 Ranger Mitigator/Utilitarian
Any advice would be appreciated as I just began a new playthrough. Ranking up is still fun regardless the Ur-frustration.
#2tritiumrainPosted 1/6/2014 8:16:37 PM
I assume you are talking about the online Ur-Dragon? In the vanilla game the rewards were some of the best equipment in the game, now with Dark Arisen most of the Ur-Dragon rewards have become obsolete.

For me it's not about the rewards, I only fight Ur for the challenge. Even after 200+ kills it's still satisfying to get another one because it is the most challenging aspect of the game in my opinion. However, if you don't enjoy the challenge then it's probably not worth the trouble.
---
PSN: KunXXoichi [Kunoichi - Fighter Lv60] http://i.imgur.com/0jIW6Vg.jpg
PSN: tritiumrain [Koara - Ranger Lv200] , PSN: Hit-GirlDD [Hit-Girl - Strider Lv200]
#3lordofthenlpplePosted 1/6/2014 8:22:32 PM
You get unique weapons and armor that can only be attained if you beat onlne Ur. Stats arent so great, but they do look different than anything else in the game.
---
Liu Ye and Anais Martanehttp://media.vcstar.com/media/img/photos/2007/12/09/spvcmcbb10b_t607.jpg
#4drkazn1Posted 1/6/2014 8:23:28 PM
Most of you have been playing football for a good number of years now. I want you to take a moment, take a quiet moment to yourself now, and think about all the people who have helped you in your football journey through the years. Think of all those people who have influenced you... your parents, siblings, and family; your different coaches, your teachers, your friends, neighbors, and relatives; the people in the community, the fans, and the supporters. Take this time to remember all of them.

(PAUSE)

Remember the coach who taught you how to tackle for the first time. Remember the others who played with and against you to make you who you are today. Remember the fans and supporters who raised monies to fund your equipment thru the years. Remember the adult who played catch with you after you learned to walk. Remember the family member who encouraged you to go on when you wanted to quit. Remember your parents who bought your shoes, your Under ArmourŪ, and dropped everything to take you to practices and attend your games. Take this time to remember all of them.

(PAUSE)

Now, I want you to pick one person, one special person who in your mind sticks out above the rest. Someone who has helped you more than the others. That person who is most responsible for you being here in this locker room today. You are going to dedicate your performance tonight (today) to them. This is your day to honor them, to repay them for all that they sacrificed for you!

Keep that person in your thoughts as you go all out on each and every play, so that when the final whistle blows, you will be satisfied that you honored them with a total sacrifice of yourself... from your mind and from your body!! Let's Get It Done!

Substitute football stuff with dark arisen stuff.
---
PSN: peepeebottoms
Pawn: Emma Frost Level 20 Mage
#5Sliepnerduex(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 8:29:03 PM
Yeah, it was the online I was referring to. Regarding the challenge...I don't get it. I am sure you're much more familiar and adept with the strategies and all that go into this game than I, but all that said, even more I don't get it as I, using assassin and a couple ranger pawns, would show up w/maker's finger and loads of cnqr prpt and explosive arrows and, after they were expended, jump on for a 7-minute ride of hacking a heart-spot until he flew off and then repeat. In my mind, the time I spent in doing this over and over and over didn't really feel like a challenge more than just being very time-consuming. I don't know...maybe I'm just grumbling because I had some expectation of getting some freakish goodies.
#6Sliepnerduex(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 8:31:13 PM
drkazn1...I never thought of it that way
#7tritiumrainPosted 1/6/2014 8:38:06 PM
Yes it can get monotonous so do something different once in a while. Try a round as a warrior, or use only counters, or just take a break and watch what the pawns are doing.

The majority of people likely just monitor the Ur-Dragon topics and start fighting when his health is very low.
---
PSN: KunXXoichi [Kunoichi - Fighter Lv60] http://i.imgur.com/0jIW6Vg.jpg
PSN: tritiumrain [Koara - Ranger Lv200] , PSN: Hit-GirlDD [Hit-Girl - Strider Lv200]
#8drkazn1Posted 1/6/2014 9:12:38 PM
Sliepnerduex posted...
drkazn1...I never thought of it that way

Was the special person u picked out was your pawn? Lol
---
PSN: peepeebottoms
Pawn: Emma Frost Level 20 Mage
#9Sliepnerduex(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 10:12:37 PM
you put it that way...yeah, I guess you're right. Indeed, that is pretty funny
#10El MarshPosted 1/6/2014 11:06:49 PM
silly drkazn1, they didn't have UnderArmour when I played football

:P

>_>

>_<

I feel old now
---
PSN: El_Marsh l Pawn: Percy l Level 86 Warrior l looking for RC, bestiary xp, and suggestions
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5994/1284162219788.gif