Versatile Character Build?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Versatile Character Build?
1 year ago#1
Now I know, factually a build with pure str. or pure mag. will perform better as things like Sorcerer or Fighter.

But I've read some stuff talking about the 40/60 split for MKs and MAs? Because some skills (like Immolation) Use strength while others (like grand cannon/six(nine)wayshot) use Magick.

I've also read some stuff (mostly in other build threads Ironically) That You don't really need to min/max because BBI lvl2-3 stuff will give you so much power either way (or both ways with the enchanted weapons) That even so-so stats will function just fine everywhere except the Ur leaderboard.

I guess I kinda wanna know, If I really want to be able to play a range of classes (for now lets say Strider/Assassin Fighter / Magick archer even some Mystick Knight) And All I plan to do is do stuff like romp around collecting stuff and fighting monsters, maybe farm a little for the better gear. Basically Endgame stuff but not so much online ur completion I might Go punch him sometimes but I don't intend to get into it too much. Will so-so stats be workable?

So mathing a little. 10 (whatever) Each class has benefits, I like fighter for the hp since...90 levels of Assassin and 100 of sorcerer don't leave you with much health(3700 to be exact) But!...

This is the highest Total offensive stats possible. Which I kinda like, cause defense can be made up for with dodges and having a nice pawn tank (which I'm pretty sure will be my Main pawns function) I thought I might want a bit more stamina for some classes and going 40 assassin 50 Ranger before 100 gives us 550 Str (I value I've seen stated as 'enough' for a ranger to succeed, a purely physical class) and just over 600 magic, this is 50 Less Total combined offensive stats, but it's a gain of 150 stamina and it puts both defense values to just about 300 (which seems like a 'good' amount with BBI gear)

So I guess what I'm very long-windedly asking. Is can I actually make a build that could play Either Assassin or Magick Archer? Or even Mystic Knight or Ranger? I know it wont be "the best" except maybe at MA if you make more than average use of dagger skills. But will I Function?

Is this 10-40-50-100(fighter, assassin, ranger, sorcerer) build with 550str 600mag Going to WORK? Or Am I screwed and I'll have to make two accounts to have on physical and one magical Arisen?
---
PWAB Risk Rating B+ for knowing to much
1 year ago#2
I always recommend a versatile character build. I've seen some ridiculous recommendations like level up as an Assassin all the way and such. In regards to stats, I do strongly recommend that you concentrate on your health, defense, and stamina. Many more enemies deal physical damage over magic damage, but you still want to get your magic defense up too. Once you reach level 200 or even much closer to that. You can successfully play any vocation and still slaughter everything as long as you use the proper augments and strong weapons. One of my arisens has high magic, but I can easily make short work of everything on Bitterblack Isle as a warrior or a ranger.
---
PSN: John_McTrollson / Pawn: Ruby (Mage)
PSN: See spreadsheet / Pawn: Camilla (Strider)
(edited 0 seconds ago)
1 year ago#3
Exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm gonna split my offenses and defences down the middle 550-600 offensive stats 300 for each defense.

So glad I can safely Romp around as various classes and feel 'strong' instead of struggling to finish each of a dozen angry wolves.
---
1 year ago#4
@John_McTrollson

Not to say you're wrong or something, but...once you reach level 200
you can successfully play any vocation and still slaughter everything, regardless of any builds...
+
I personally never understood the necessity of these builds in this game.
I mean - Lv 200? seriously? How do you not even getting tired
of "building" the char for so long, before actually playing the freaking game.
And what's more important - for what purpose? Running around OP'd like hell
in the game where the foes have not so good chances against you to begin with?

Oh well, may be I'm just not supposed to understand such things x__.'
---
--------------------x_0--------------------
1 year ago#5
I personally agree with Archiantagonist. But that's just my opinion.

I do wonder though, unless you don't like the class, why not just level as a Strider? You get the most balanced of stat growth that way, don't you?

I love the dagger/bow combo so playing Strider wouldn't be an issue for me and I do want to make a balanced build myself. I keep making new files and getting my pawn erased and I want to start with pawn sharing and stuff so yeah I thought a balanced build would be good so if I get bored I'd just switch playstyle and not make a whole new character.
1 year ago#6
If you want a versatile character, playing as a strider would be the way to go.

Their stat growths, according to the wiki, are as follows:

HP: 25
Stamina: 25
Atk: 3
Def: 3
M.Atk: 3
M.Def: 2

At 100+ they change to:

HP: 5
Stamina: 15
Atk: 1
Def: 1
M.Atk: 1
M.Def 1

So you'll be well rounded at everything, but you won't have the massive attack a fighter -> assassin will have, or the magic a mage -> sorcerer has, etc. As you stated, this doesn't matter because once you get cursed level 3 weapons from BBI your attack/magic goes through the roof anyways, and anything you can't kill in a reasonable amount of time (cough daimon cough) you can just munch on stat boost items.
1 year ago#7
Ranger is very similar to strider, but with 1 more strength per level pre 100. Hence my 50 ranger levels to transition from physical to magic post 100 (where I'll have endgame gear to make up for my 300mag stat at the time)
---
1 year ago#8
Min max is the best unless you are looking for a challenge.
---
Liu Ye and Anais Martanehttp://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k218/p_c_ty/nancy06.jpg
1 year ago#9
Archiantagonist posted...
@John_McTrollson

Not to say you're wrong or something, but...once you reach level 200
you can successfully play any vocation and still slaughter everything, regardless of any builds...
+
I personally never understood the necessity of these builds in this game.
I mean - Lv 200? seriously? How do you not even getting tired
of "building" the char for so long, before actually playing the freaking game.
And what's more important - for what purpose? Running around OP'd like hell
in the game where the foes have not so good chances against you to begin with?

Oh well, may be I'm just not supposed to understand such things x__.'

I agree, I still always recommend concentrating on the mentioned stats simply to make yourself a little more durable. That doesn;t mean you have to play as a fighter, warrior, or ranger for 50-75+ levels to increase the mentioned stats. When I first started, I had no idea that stats were tied to each vocation. I ended up playing as a sorcerer for about 130 levels. The results, very high magic and magic defenses, but poor strength, defenses, and health. I was still able to kill everything fast as a non-maguc vocation, but was dying in about two hits. So I decided to delete my save and transfer back my old vanilla save in which is was at around level 150. I took it all the way to level 200 as a fighter to mainly increase my defenses and health which is what I was lacking. I ended with much better results than before. I can still play any class successfully.
---
PSN: John_McTrollson / Pawn: Ruby (Mage)
PSN: See spreadsheet / Pawn: Camilla (Strider)
1 year ago#10
Been trying to make a good balanced arisen for MK. Only downside is I wanna play him now lol. But wanna be able to effectively use melee attacks and the occasional magic abilities like great canon and such.
---
PSN: SuperCj92
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Versatile Character Build?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived