I bought a Arisen/Main pawn character edit item for 5000 RC and I can't use it?

#1BluBlue4Posted 1/26/2014 2:48:44 PM
I bought the edit item from the man standing by the rift stone housed in the fort where you fight the snake monster. I'm pretty new to this amazing game.

My Rift Crystal are gone but the item doesn't show up in my inventory. I've messed around with the rift stones and I can't figure out how to activate my item.
---
There is this guy called Evil Cole. Throughtout his entire life he deals with morals and karma. He's a standup individual - Davidgrayman
#2ragedemonzPosted 1/26/2014 2:52:13 PM(edited)
Hmm a couple questions. If it's an elixir it'll be in the tools. You ALSO might have bought it using your main pawn so it may be in their inventory. IF you equipped it (I'm assuming it's gear) on another pawn it may have been gifted to them but I'm sure you'd have noticed that. Check your stored items perhaps?

IF you bought Art of Metamorphosis, save and clsoe game, go back to the main menu and you SHOULD see a character edit option.
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, then it's a scavenger hunt.
LoL - TheCrazedLP PSN: Lowthingy
#3BluBlue4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2014 2:58:49 PM
ragedemonz posted...
Hmm a couple questions. If it's an elixir it'll be in the tools. You ALSO might have bought it using your main pawn so it may be in their inventory. IF you equipped it (I'm assuming it's gear) on another pawn it may have been gifted to them but I'm sure you'd have noticed that. Check your stored items perhaps?

Wow, quick response.

I checked all over my inventory, my pawns, and I'm 90% sure I also checked my storage inventory too. When I get a chance I'll make sure.
---
There is this guy called Evil Cole. Throughtout his entire life he deals with morals and karma. He's a standup individual - Davidgrayman
#4ragedemonzPosted 1/26/2014 3:01:20 PM
BluBlue4 posted...
ragedemonz posted...

Wow, quick response.

I checked all over my inventory, my pawns, and I'm 90% sure I also checked my storage inventory too. When I get a chance I'll make sure.

Yea I also edited my post. If you bought the Art of Metamorphosis it works a bit differently. Once you've bought it, save your game and exit to the title screen. That'll take you to the main menu and from there you can find an option to edit your character there.

Also I can take your pawn up and get you some RC back. Without spoiling too much there is a new game plus option which gives you a permanent Art of Metamorphosis instead of a one-off. Of course that's no reason to rush the game ^_^
---
#5BaKuRiPosted 1/26/2014 3:14:13 PM
Art of Metamorphosis is kinda weird. It's not an item you use. But...

On the main menu, there will be a new Option To Edit your Character / Pawn. You can only do it ONCE, so make sure you're happy with the change, or you'll have to buy another one.

Also later in the story, as you get towards the end of the game, before moving on to new game + There is another version called 'Secret of Metamorphosis' that lets you change as much as you want. Infinite uses. In fact I got it, maybe I'll change up my look... yeah I think I will.
---
PSN: Wizard_Cleave (Dragon's Dogma, Dragon's Crown, Dark Souls feel free to add me)
DD:DA Pawn Greg - Warrior/Fighter lvl 200
#6ragedemonzPosted 1/26/2014 3:16:03 PM
BaKuRi posted...

On the main menu, there will be a new Option To Edit your Character / Pawn. You can only do it ONCE, so make sure you're happy with the change, or you'll have to buy another one.

Also later in the story, as you get towards the end of the game, before moving on to new game + There is another version called 'Secret of Metamorphosis' that lets you change as much as you want. Infinite uses. In fact I got it, maybe I'll change up my look... yeah I think I will.

I haven't used it yet but if it allows changing gender then I'll be able to dragonforge my pawn's delta guard...hmm hmm.....

sexy armor is sexy >.>
---
#7BaKuRiPosted 1/26/2014 5:53:30 PM
It Does allow Gender Change, Basically you build the character / pawn from the ground up, just like you did at the start of the game.

Sometimes I really just wanna run around as small as possible. So I do! but then I gotta grow up at least a little, so I can actually carry some periapts and such while raiding bbi for stuff
---
PSN: Wizard_Cleave (Dragon's Dogma, Dragon's Crown, Dark Souls feel free to add me)
DD:DA Pawn Greg - Warrior/Fighter lvl 200
#8BluBlue4(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2014 12:53:16 AM
ragedemonz posted...
Yea I also edited my post. If you bought the Art of Metamorphosis it works a bit differently. Once you've bought it, save your game and exit to the title screen. That'll take you to the main menu and from there you can find an option to edit your character there.

I didn't respond quicker since DD is doing pretty great job of eating up my time.

Yeah it was AoM. Seems so odd that there isn't any text that tells you of how to access the item. Too add to the confusion when you hover over the item while buying from the merchant it actually mentions that you have zero in you inventory. Which is true, yeah. Easy to see how that could be confusing.

I don't think I'm in need of RC. Even after spending 5000 RC on the AoM I'm all the way up to 10000 now. Aside from hiring pawns on a higher level than your own and aesthetic skin color customization items is there any other point to it? Pawns at my own level seem pretty capable. Is this something that becomes more important later in the game? I appreciate the offer though.

BaKuRi posted...

Can you have older appearances saved?

ragedemonz posted...
I haven't used it yet but if it allows changing gender then I'll be able to dragonforge my pawn's delta guard...hmm hmm.....

sexy armor is sexy >.>

What is 'dragonforge' and how does gender swapping effect clothing/armor? I think what I'm getting from this is that maybe armor that isn't normally available in a certain gender swaps along with the pawn/arisen?

BaKuRi posted...
Sometimes I really just wanna run around as small as possible. So I do! but then I gotta grow up at least a little, so I can actually carry some periapts and such while raiding bbi for stuff

So height affects carry limits? Does weight/musculature affect that?

(Forgive the wall.)
---