DD and DDDA Server shutdown final patch.

#1SaricksPosted 4/5/2014 12:19:06 PM
I've seen other games online servers get shutdown and made offline. I was thinking that when they do decide shutdown the servers. Would a patch that includes 100+ selected online characters saved into the offline content be a good finally? What if they allowed access to awesome pawns that are already on the servers?

Losing pawn system wouldn't be a total game breaker it just wouldn't have the same lasting effect. Most players could finish the full game with/without the generic pawns if they had to already. I assume the reason most people continue playing well past endgame is to make their pawns popular.

When they do shutdown the servers.

Would having these buffed pawns be a good thing or would the loss of the pawn sharing system be game ending for hard cores? I'm thinking the reason a lot of players continue beyond end game is to push their pawns into the TOP 100. Without a top 100 online list and sharing system by beating the game there wouldn't be much reason to continue.

When the game makers decide to shutdown the servers if they choose to select online pawns. Would it be interesting if they decided to copy your pawn into a final patch? I assume by then, DD3 might be out on the PS4.
#2TracinyaPosted 4/5/2014 12:23:44 PM
I love the pawn system and them shutting the serves off would kill my interest pretty quickly.

If they plan to do that, it better be after the next game in the series (direct sequel or otherwise) is on the market (preferably on the PS4, X1 and PC).
---
PSN - JLakaPanda007
DA: Dark Arisen Pawn: Isabella lvl 39 Warrior
#3shialenPosted 4/5/2014 12:33:21 PM
I doubt they will shut it down as it's not actually an online game, it's a single player game, without any real multiplayer options, not like Modern Warfare and games like that.
---
PSN: DestinyTalim/Pawn: Halley-Ranger, mostly-200
PSN: jaredcrabb/Pawn: Biggun-Strider-11-Alternate
#4Saricks(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2014 12:41:08 PM
shialen posted...
I doubt they will shut it down as it's not actually an online game, it's a single player game, without any real multiplayer options, not like Modern Warfare and games like that.

You're right, Other then the top 100 list server database, pawn transactions are comparable to running a chess match over an email server.
#5gmoshierPosted 4/5/2014 2:22:34 PM
@TC - I believe Sony said that they will be supporting the PS3 up until 2016. I highly doubt that the servers will be shutdown before then. DD3??? We don't even know if a DD2 is in the works but maybe we'll hear something at E3 this June. DD2 will be next gen only if Capcom is working on a sequel.
---
http://psntl.com/user/view/gmoshier
Waiting: TWD episodes (PS3), Watch Dogs (PS4), The Evil Within (PS4), & Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4).
#6enjelsamaPosted 4/5/2014 4:24:31 PM
Its been almost 2 years, and Game is supported up till....
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Honestly, I forgot the date.. But DD servers will be up for abit.

2015 or 2016.
If Community is still going, Much like other Capcom Titles the server can be renewed. As for Sony's end... they still have support going for psp, and only last year did they stop making ps2 games.
I don't think there much worry on there end.
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie
#7SetsunahenryPosted 4/5/2014 9:20:32 PM
gmoshier posted...
@TC - I believe Sony said that they will be supporting the PS3 up until 2016. I highly doubt that the servers will be shutdown before then. DD3??? We don't even know if a DD2 is in the works but maybe we'll hear something at E3 this June. DD2 will be next gen only if Capcom is working on a sequel.

I believe they didn't plan on making DD2.
---
Playing:- Random
Waiting: Watch Dogs (May 27th 2014) & The Evil Within (August 26th 2014)
#8Saricks(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2014 4:14:13 AM(edited)
Setsunahenry posted...
gmoshier posted...

I believe they didn't plan on making DD2.

DD and DDDA are a little different in the counts. DDDA is close to being DD 1.5. You're right, it isn't really DD2 in name but expansion. When you look at the way DD and DDDA where released they have separate save files, DD can't access DDDA online characters but still share the same online server.

The point is that DDDA is a more or less a separate game because of the way they expanded it. It's no 2.0 but very close. If they do make anther version, I'm assuming they'll follow the same pattern by not naming it after a number. Instead they'll give it a new name like. "Dragon's Dogma Hearthstone's Bane." to expand the world in a completely new land. I assume it would be in a different environment but follow the same play style.

Anyway, everyone is commenting on the shutdown or version name. No one has commented on the idea of the final patch. Apparently this topic caught a Capcom mods attention here on gamefaqs. I'm guessing someone linked to it on the Capcom board..
#9New_BirdmanPosted 4/6/2014 12:28:26 PM
I'm thinking the reason a lot of players continue beyond end game is to push their pawns into the TOP 100. Without a top 100 online list and sharing system by beating the game there wouldn't be much reason to continue.

Speaking for myself here, but the top 100 and popularity mean absolutely nothing to me. If the pawn sharing was gone it would probably effect beginners more who want to hire a good pawn that suits them.

There's still speedrun mode which is my main interest now and that doesn't require any hiring. The cool thing about speedruns is there is always improvements to be made, and possible glitches to be discovered.

I still have yet to do a solo run and try all the other classes, so this game has a huge amount of life left in it for me. Just playing and doing every quest, exploring, looting took long enough.

No one has commented on the idea of the final patch.

Yes, I agree there should be a patch like this. At least something for losing the sharing system.

Anyway, everyone is commenting on the shutdown

Is this shutdown just for DD or the entire PS3 PSN?
#10Saricks(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2014 1:27:07 PM
New_Birdman posted...
Anyway, everyone is commenting on the shutdown

Is this shutdown just for DD or the entire PS3 PSN?

There is no announcement on an official shutdown date. This topic was based on when the shutdown happens what might happen. There area few games that have been shutdown or will be shutdown that work fine offline. Examples are, Demons Souls, White Knight and Resistance servers.

Unlike other games that are totally online based (Free Realms) the main content of the game is offline. The best reason to access the online is to get the awesome pawns of other players and trade items. Other then that the game can still be played 100% offline.