starting over on existing account

#1SliepnerduexPosted 4/6/2014 6:47:42 AM
I noticed dmac did this a bit ago and have considered doing likewise. Was wondering, though: is there any way at all to hold on to any of the piles of equipment and loot and materials I've stockpiled here in making this fluke of an attempt at an Arisen and pawn on my first outing, or is it all lost? This is really the only thing giving me pause...I wasn't aware of the stat building to different classes at the time and am quite unimpressed with this pair :(
---
PSN: tato2thesprings_Pawn:Gallchobhar lvl 200 Ranger Utilitarian/Mitigator
PSN: seymourlikely2_Pawn: Gersemi lvl 200 Strider Challenger/Scather
#2FalthinPosted 4/6/2014 9:06:15 AM
Sliepnerduex posted...
I noticed dmac did this a bit ago and have considered doing likewise. Was wondering, though: is there any way at all to hold on to any of the piles of equipment and loot and materials I've stockpiled here in making this fluke of an attempt at an Arisen and pawn on my first outing, or is it all lost? This is really the only thing giving me pause...I wasn't aware of the stat building to different classes at the time and am quite unimpressed with this pair :(

If you are talking about starting a fresh new game with fresh characters then the only way to retain some equipment would be to trade it to an alt or a trusted friend before you wipe your game, and then trade it back again. This is one reason many people choose to make an alt account instead of wiping their main character.
---
PSN Durzo54Blint - DA pawn: Catti-Brie (Ranger),,, PSN V1r1d1ana - DA pawn: Snowflake (Sorceror),,,, PSN Azurite_Fire - DA pawn: Sorsha (Fighter)
#3KarmikazzeePosted 4/6/2014 9:23:40 AM
As you have 2 acct's you can send some of your best trade-able stuff to your other acct. Also you need to hire the pawn you're re-doing & hold on to him/her until you have created a new pawn back at the encampment. I think it's a good idea to keep the same name & gender as the original(you can always change that later). You can also get the pawn a RC bomb as when you release the original pawn the new pawn will get all RC, any equipment that you equip them with, & the one item. They will also get all knowledge that your previous pawn had. It's called re-incarnation.
---
psn: Karmikazee / Whynot! lvl 200 sorcerer DA
psn: Karmislazee / Jazz B'caz lvl 97 ranger | psn: Karmi-Kat / Borax Dathik lvl 117 Magic Fighter
#4Sliepnerduex(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2014 9:31:31 AM
I figured my inquiry was pretty pointless, was just hoping one of you vets knew a trick around the tedious ordeal of gifting to the alt. I was really hoping to top off the bestiary for Gallchobhar but did such an incredibly poor job of building my arisen for that account it has been unbearable. Thanks, though, for the input.
---
#5Sliepnerduex(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2014 9:33:51 AM
Karmikazzee posted...
As you have 2 acct's you can send some of your best trade-able stuff to your other acct. Also you need to hire the pawn you're re-doing & hold on to him/her until you have created a new pawn back at the encampment. I think it's a good idea to keep the same name & gender as the original(you can always change that later). You can also get the pawn a RC bomb as when you release the original pawn the new pawn will get all RC, any equipment that you equip them with, & the one item. They will also get all knowledge that your previous pawn had. It's called re-incarnation.

Hey, this might work...a little better prospect than what I was thinking just a moment ago, anyway. Thank you.
---