Climbing up on enemies can be frustrating

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Climbing up on enemies can be frustrating

User Info: aaronimpact

aaronimpact
2 years ago#1
Sometimes my character will spend 20-30 seconds trying to hang on to the enemy while my stamina drains. While this is happening I can't attack, I just have to wait for my character to find his footing.
nut gud? disconnect

User Info: harrypeach

harrypeach
2 years ago#2
This is resolved by adding the Adhesion augment obtained by purifying Bitterblack Novelty item Lv.2 and 3 iirc. Makes you stick to the enemy without flailing about. Also, Gloves of Might gives you speed advantage of the strider vocation. Adding the Opportunism augment makes for a powerful combination according to the wiki.
psn: Meledyne_M1 / Artemia lvl 200 ranger

User Info: aaronimpact

aaronimpact
2 years ago#3
I haven't been to Bitterblack yet. I was saving it for new game+.
nut gud? disconnect

User Info: enjelsama

enjelsama
2 years ago#4
Certain monsters are just tough to climb. Something like Griffin in air, with light weight character, Will do little, and spend most of it trying hang on.
A Heavier Character will actually weigh it down.

I would attempt BBI on 1st run, Everfal is great place level up and be ready for harsh-ness of BBI.

Some of rewards you get in BBI, are nice. And going to NG+, means getting them twice. =3
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie

User Info: Iczer 1

Iczer 1
2 years ago#5
Besides the Adhesion augment, you could use rusted weapons (preferably a Rusted Bow + multi-hitting skill) before you climb, Torpor will make the target slow enough so you can climb and attack w/o much trouble. Also, double jump your way up a foe instead of clinging to it all the way, as it's faster and doesn't drain stamina while giving the foe less opportunities to shake you off.
read me a poem
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  3. Climbing up on enemies can be frustrating

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived