Climbing up on enemies can be frustrating

#1aaronimpactPosted 4/6/2014 4:09:52 PM
Sometimes my character will spend 20-30 seconds trying to hang on to the enemy while my stamina drains. While this is happening I can't attack, I just have to wait for my character to find his footing.
---
nut gud? disconnect
#2harrypeachPosted 4/6/2014 6:11:54 PM
This is resolved by adding the Adhesion augment obtained by purifying Bitterblack Novelty item Lv.2 and 3 iirc. Makes you stick to the enemy without flailing about. Also, Gloves of Might gives you speed advantage of the strider vocation. Adding the Opportunism augment makes for a powerful combination according to the wiki.
---
psn: Meledyne_M1 / Artemia lvl 200 ranger
#3aaronimpact(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2014 6:59:32 PM
I haven't been to Bitterblack yet. I was saving it for new game+.
---
nut gud? disconnect
#4enjelsamaPosted 4/6/2014 7:13:03 PM
Certain monsters are just tough to climb. Something like Griffin in air, with light weight character, Will do little, and spend most of it trying hang on.
A Heavier Character will actually weigh it down.

I would attempt BBI on 1st run, Everfal is great place level up and be ready for harsh-ness of BBI.

Some of rewards you get in BBI, are nice. And going to NG+, means getting them twice. =3
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie
#5Iczer 1Posted 4/7/2014 4:12:31 AM
Besides the Adhesion augment, you could use rusted weapons (preferably a Rusted Bow + multi-hitting skill) before you climb, Torpor will make the target slow enough so you can climb and attack w/o much trouble. Also, double jump your way up a foe instead of clinging to it all the way, as it's faster and doesn't drain stamina while giving the foe less opportunities to shake you off.
---
read me a poem