So will the current ME2 be patched to be able to import ME1 data?

#1DullardPosted 9/30/2012 3:46:37 AM
I hope so, but I haven't found confirmation yet.
---
All right, dude. Groovy. Hug a rainbow.
#2BrianwtPosted 10/1/2012 11:50:21 AM
Honestly if they don't they would be be considered the dumbest people ever.
#3HerugrimPosted 10/1/2012 5:23:19 PM
Don't think it needs to be patched. As far as I know the PS3 version is identical to the 360 version. It doesn't make sense that they would have removed the specific importing mechanics for ME1, especially since you can still import other ME2 characters into NG+

Don't know why people assume that a patch is needed. EA/Bioware always intended to release ME1 for PS3, MS just forced them to delay it for a few years.
---
check out my collection! "Ham! I love ham!"
#4Maxim BryantPosted 10/1/2012 9:25:50 PM
Herugrim posted...
Don't think it needs to be patched. As far as I know the PS3 version is identical to the 360 version. It doesn't make sense that they would have removed the specific importing mechanics for ME1, especially since you can still import other ME2 characters into NG+

Don't know why people assume that a patch is needed. EA/Bioware always intended to release ME1 for PS3, MS just forced them to delay it for a few years.

This.
---
Your face looks like someone tried to put out a forest fire with a screwdriver.
#5IrishSJ23Posted 10/2/2012 5:30:24 PM
The PS3 version of ME2 is supposed to be running on a slightly different engine than the 360 version.
#6supreme darPosted 10/3/2012 3:26:13 AM
Herugrim posted...

Sadly the PS3 version was not 100% identical. There are certain side quests that carry over in ME2 and ME3 that were started in ME1, like your encounters with Conrad Verner in ME1.

So I'm interested as well to see if they patch ME2 in order for us to experience the trilogy to its fullest.
---
Using guides or walkthroughs is NOT cheating
#7RioichiCooperPosted 10/3/2012 3:31:41 AM
supreme dar posted...
Herugrim posted...

Sadly the PS3 version was not 100% identical. There are certain side quests that carry over in ME2 and ME3 that were started in ME1, like your encounters with Conrad Verner in ME1.

So I'm interested as well to see if they patch ME2 in order for us to experience the trilogy to its fullest.

Those quests only appear if they were started I'm ME1, since the PS3 never had the game, it was impossible for us to access the continuations in 2&3. The quests should be on the disc, they are just inaccessible until an ME1 save is imported.
---
Proud supporter of Christopher Nolan and Quentin Tarantino.
Mass Effect. Is. An. RPG.
#8supreme darPosted 10/3/2012 3:36:19 AM
Yes, that seems likely.

However I'm amazed that they did not include all of the DLC for ME1 and ME2. I can understand not including everything from ME3, because it's not finished yet with their DLC, but at least give ALL DLC for ME1 and ME2. If this was done, I most likely would buy the trilogy instantly. but for now I think I'll just wait 6-12 months for it to drop significantly in price, before I get it.
---
Using guides or walkthroughs is NOT cheating
#9BrianwtPosted 10/8/2012 11:44:45 AM
supreme dar posted...
Yes, that seems likely.

However I'm amazed that they did not include all of the DLC for ME1 and ME2. I can understand not including everything from ME3, because it's not finished yet with their DLC, but at least give ALL DLC for ME1 and ME2. If this was done, I most likely would buy the trilogy instantly. but for now I think I'll just wait 6-12 months for it to drop significantly in price, before I get it.

Well they haven't annouced the DLC details for the PS3 version yet or the release date or any new information.
#10MrcTOtheJPosted 10/8/2012 12:43:36 PM(edited)
IrishSJ23 posted...
The PS3 version of ME2 is supposed to be running on a slightly different engine than the 360 version.

Yeah it was tweaked, but it still as far as I know is more or less a port, would seem weird that they would take that feature out especially if they knew the exclusivity was going to run out after awhile, and they knew they'd be porting it when that happened. (It's EA come on we know they'll do it just because it's a quick buck with little to no work at)

It explains why we've never seen those quests is because they where never triggered, as such we'd have nothing indicateing the files where there unless someone figured out how to crack into them and take a gander.

About the DLC I agree, it should come with Everything on ME1, and 2 for all systems, the PS3 may get it for ME1 like the PC did (or at least the big ones) and ME2 is likely to come as it did with the stand alone release. (Kasumi, LoTSB, and Overlord)
---
Self Proclaimed Offical HoonDing, The Yokudan God of Make Way of the TES:V Skyrim Boards (360/PS3)