I enjoyed alpha protocol. Would I enjoy this series?

#1assassin349Posted 1/10/2013 9:17:46 PM
I know they both have the whole "choices affect the storyline" especially since all three mass effect games pretty much mesh into one huge game from what I've heard. But I like how I can make my own story, and it looks like the gameplay is fairly similar, so would I like this trilogy? I have money left over from Christmas and am looking for something to buy off the store
---
PSN: awesomedude222
SteamID: awesomedude222
#2GundamFanTPosted 1/10/2013 9:29:24 PM
assassin349 posted...
I know they both have the whole "choices affect the storyline" especially since all three mass effect games pretty much mesh into one huge game from what I've heard. But I like how I can make my own story, and it looks like the gameplay is fairly similar, so would I like this trilogy? I have money left over from Christmas and am looking for something to buy off the store

Despite what others may tell you, your choices do matter in the trilogy. Its been telling its story since day one and you get to shape how you get there. I'm one of the few who liked AP as well and I can say the story choices are way more impactful in this series.

The first game is a lot like AP in that your stats mainly affect your effectiveness in combat rather than your shooter skills. The next two are more dependent on actual play skills but you still have skills and upgrades to enjoy.

The best part is the importing of your saves into the next game. You'll likely want to play again just to see how things work another way.

I'd definitely recommend at least trying this out.
---
Resident Sentinel expert in all 3 ME games
PSN:GundamFanT
#3assassin349(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 9:43:29 PM
Alright, cause I played the mass effect 2 demo I believe, and I thought it was fun though story wise I was totally lost, so I think if I played all of them I'd like it. I have heard that mass effect 3's ending is terrible but I feel like that's probably just people complaining that it wasn't exactly what they wanted
---
#4GundamFanTPosted 1/10/2013 10:05:08 PM(edited)
assassin349 posted...
Alright, cause I played the mass effect 2 demo I believe, and I thought it was fun though story wise I was totally lost, so I think if I played all of them I'd like it. I have heard that mass effect 3's ending is terrible but I feel like that's probably just people complaining that it wasn't exactly what they wanted

That's mainly it, yeah. I won't lie, I hated it at first too but that was because of the giant plotholes, which thankfully the Extended Cut more or less fixed. I'm not sure what those still complaining were expecting, but now that the various endings make sense I'm a very happy customer. I literally put in hundreds of hours into this series.

Bottom line, if you care about your choices affecting story rather than getting a new gun or something then you should be alright. Based on what you said about making Alpha Protocol's story, I think you'll be very happy.
---
Resident Sentinel expert in all 3 ME games
#5GundamFanTPosted 1/10/2013 10:22:27 PM
Though, as I'm sure you already figured, I'm not guaranteeing that you'll love it or anything. I just feel, based on what you've given me, that you will indeed like it a lot.

Ever play KotOR 1&2?
---
Master Sentinel player and a pretty damn good Infiltrator in all 3 ME games
#6Stanimal032Posted 1/11/2013 7:17:22 AM
Ha! I'm right there with ya. I love the Mass Effect Series and I actually thought Alpha Protocol was one of the most under-rated games I've ever played. I think most people went into it thinking it would be a typical 3rd person shooter and were appalled that they weren't deadly with a gun when their character had never handled one before.

I think you'll like it. I, like Gundam, have put in 100s of hours with these 3 games and I don't intend on stopping soon.
---
PSN: Stanimal032
Now Playing: Far Cry 3, Hitman Trilogy, Mass Effect Trilogy, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
#7GundamFanTPosted 1/11/2013 9:11:17 AM
Stanimal032 posted...
Ha! I'm right there with ya. I love the Mass Effect Series and I actually thought Alpha Protocol was one of the most under-rated games I've ever played. I think most people went into it thinking it would be a typical 3rd person shooter and were appalled that they weren't deadly with a gun when their character had never handled one before.

I think you'll like it. I, like Gundam, have put in 100s of hours with these 3 games and I don't intend on stopping soon.

Dude, i've got DmC coming this Tuesday. I should be excited about that but all that's going through my mind is doing a full Adept run through the trilogy to finish platinuming each one as I go. :p
---
#8assassin349(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 3:26:42 PM
GundamFanT posted...
Though, as I'm sure you already figured, I'm not guaranteeing that you'll love it or anything. I just feel, based on what you've given me, that you will indeed like it a lot.

Ever play KotOR 1&2?

No I've never played them but I have heard of them and wanted to try them..

Stanimal032 posted...

Yeah I agree it was very underrated, and I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy the trilogy. What DLC comes with it? And if any are left out, which are recommended to get?
---
#9GundamFanTPosted 1/11/2013 3:33:47 PM
Part 1 has 1 dlc built into it; we didn't get the other
Part 2 has everything built into it or on a code EXCEPT: Arrival (story), various weapon and costume packs
Part 3 has nothing except the,MP pass included. From Ashes, Leviathan, Omega and the Extended Cut are all story based and worth considering, especially From Ashes. The Extended Cut is free and should be downloaded asap.

-note that me2 and 3 will need to be patched before you can import data from me1 (happens automatically when first starting them)
---
#10assassin349(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:39:59 PM
Wow, just beat Mass Effect and I gotta say. That was one of the best games I've played in a very long time. And by beat I mean I finished the main quest and a lot of side missions (got to level 46 so I'm doing another run through) I can't wait to beat it again so I can start mass effect 2...
---
More topics from this board...
MP playersSkeith666212/12 3:23PM