Is the DLC worth getting?

#1ssmirokuPosted 1/25/2013 11:51:16 PM
I just finished ME2 and am about to start 3. But before I do, i was wondering if it is important or worth the experiencing of the arrival DLC

any non-spoilery thoughts about the importance of the ME3 DLC is also appreciated.
---
poke diamond FC Kira: 1976 7397 8282
PSN- ssmoomix
#2GundamFanTPosted 1/26/2013 12:35:29 AM
ssmiroku posted...
I just finished ME2 and am about to start 3. But before I do, i was wondering if it is important or worth the experiencing of the arrival DLC

any non-spoilery thoughts about the importance of the ME3 DLC is also appreciated.

Well, I hate arrival. It's just a really dumb story that kind of takes away some of the impact of the first game and the third. I do have it just to have, but I'd rather it didn't exist. Just my opinion. If you don't do it, then in the next game it's revealed that an alliance team did everything Shepard was supposed to do and you're slightly penalized. Not enough to care, though.

As for ME3, obviously get the Extended Cut since it's free. From Ashes adds a new squad mate, 2 bonus powers and an awesome assault rifle. Plus a mission to earn more XP and credits. He adds a lot to the main game-I'd definitely get at least that.

Leviathan is another with a dumb story that kind of kills the awesomeness of the reapers. It does add new weapons add mods though, and I love those. Plus more XP and money.

Omega, I love. If you enjoy Aria at all, you'll want this dlc. You get to use her and a female turian, get some new weapons and mods and XP/credits. And you get 2 more bonus powers, including the incredible Flare. It's more expensive than the other 2, but it is a bit longer. I love it.

These are just my opinions.
---
Master Sentinel player and a pretty damn good Infiltrator in all 3 ME games
PSN:GundamFanT
#3ssmiroku(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 12:42:23 AM
Many thanks for your input. I will weight it along with any more opinions i get. i'm getting the extended cut now, and i'm quite considering the from ashes now.
---
poke diamond FC Kira: 1976 7397 8282
PSN- ssmoomix
#4El MarshPosted 1/26/2013 2:09:25 AM
From Ashes is great because it:

(these spoilers are in the in-store description and it's no big secret but just in case)

provides you with a new (and very interesting, imo) squadmate that comes with a very nice weapon (which you can use)

You do get one relatively straightforward mission (as well as a minor fetch quest side mission) from it but as I suggested, the rewards make it worth it. Then again, it came with my game so who am I to tell you what to value.
>_>

Javik is pretty awesome though ^_^

As for the Arrival, it's wholly unnecessary. I mean, it's not a bad DLC and it does portray a fairly significant event that prefaces the beginning of ME3 but that's really it. It's fun and you get a few upgrades throughout it but there's really no great loss in skipping it (I'm a lore "completionist" so I got it and enjoyed it alright).
---
http://i.imgur.com/GlriS.gif
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5994/1284162219788.gif
#5Wing_PhoenixPosted 1/26/2013 10:56:54 PM
Arrival makes Sheperd's circumstances at the beginning of 3 make a lot more sense though. Sheperd's state is the same but why he's in that state changes greatly, and the non-Arrival reason is very, very stupid IMO.
---
The most devastating defeat is the one which comes when you have stood on the edge of victory.
#6GundamFanTPosted 1/27/2013 11:56:50 PM
Wing_Phoenix posted...
Arrival makes Sheperd's circumstances at the beginning of 3 make a lot more sense though. Sheperd's state is the same but why he's in that state changes greatly, and the non-Arrival reason is very, very stupid IMO.

He's locked up for working with Cerberus. If you do Arrival, that's just piled on. Though I guess that is more severe than working with terrorists. Either way, it makes sense.
---
Master Sentinel player and a pretty damn good Infiltrator in all 3 ME games
PSN:GundamFanT
#7ragin_rebelPosted 1/31/2013 4:16:01 PM
GundamFanT posted...

Well, I hate arrival. It's just a really dumb story that kind of takes away some of the impact of the first game and the third. I do have it just to have, but I'd rather it didn't exist. Just my opinion. If you don't do it, then in the next game it's revealed that an alliance team did everything Shepard was supposed to do and you're slightly penalized. Not enough to care, though.

Damn, I wish I'd read that before I bought Arrival. I haven't started on ME2 yet, but I bought Arrival because of something I read in Game Informer that made it sound essential to fully understand the story, like a "missing chapter" or something. I was contemplating which of the DLCs is most worth getting for 3 ( Leviathan, according to Game Informer's assessments), but I might wait until I get that far to decide.

One quick question though. I downloaded and installed the Cerberus pack and Arrival for ME2, but they didn't show up separately under Game Data; they just have the game data for 2 and what's labeled as "DLC and Patches". Are they added to the game data for the game itself, so that the content shows up when I reach the right point in the game? (for some reason I had the impression I had to download the Cerberus pack then download the character, weapon(s) and mission using that... dunno why)