Mass Effect Timeline

#1haven4987Posted 2/22/2013 1:13:26 AM
Hello I'm kinda new to this series (I only played a little bit of ME1) and making a timeline. I'm planning on buying the trilogy for the ps3 and would like for someone to help me correct it if they're any mistakes. Of course I'm going to be playing the games first so that I can get used to the characters, places, different species etc. Really for the most part, I got this from wikipedia and just added a little bit more.

Here's the timeline I have:

Evolution (comic)
Revelation (novel)
Mass Effect
Bring Down the Sky (ME1 dlc)
Redemption (comic)
Ascension (novel)
Paragon Lost (animated movie)
Incursion (comic)
Mass Effect 2
Invasion (comic)
Inquisition (comic)
Lair of the Shadow Broker (ME2 dlc)
Retribution (novel)
Deception (novel)
Arrival (ME2 dlc)
Conviction (comic)
Mass Effect 3

Note: I know Galaxy and Infiltrator are in there as well, but the reason I didn't add those cause they're on phones and I don't have that kind of phone lol. I'm also aware that they're is more story dlc that I didn't add cause I'm not for sure when they take place. I assume they take place during oneof the games? I tried the mass effect wiki but it didn't help. Unless I overlooked something. Like I said I'm new to this series and want to get into it. If anyone can help me complete this, that would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Before I forget I read it on wikipedia that Paragon Lost takes place before ME3 but the timeline that was on there had it listed as before ME2 instead. I know sometimes wikipedia isn't 100%. Perhaps I read it wrong? Any help would be great. Again thanks.
#2WightKnigjhtPosted 2/24/2013 10:19:11 AM
The official timeline can probably be found on the Mass Effect wiki.
---
What do you call a person who spends more time playing Videogames both offline and online than with his friends and family? the answer is alone. Dont be him
#3HerugrimPosted 3/20/2013 8:50:37 PM
Meh, problem with MEWiki is that their timeline goes by event, not by source. They tell you what happened when, but they don't mention what game/novel/comic it came from.

haven4987 posted...
Evolution (comic)
Revelation (novel)
Mass Effect
Bring Down the Sky (ME1 dlc)
Redemption (comic)
Ascension (novel)
Paragon Lost (animated movie)
Incursion (comic)
Mass Effect 2
Invasion (comic)
Inquisition (comic)
Lair of the Shadow Broker (ME2 dlc)
Retribution (novel)
Deception (novel)
Arrival (ME2 dlc)
Conviction (comic)
Mass Effect 3

Honeslty I'm not too sure on the books, as I found them so bad I couldn't get through them. The comics look to be in the right spots, except that incursion should be before redemption. Also you forgot homeworlds, which is all over the place. Vega's section takes place sometime prior to ME1, Tali's leads directly into ME1, Garrus' Leads right into ME2, and Liara's leads right into ME3.
---
John Watson: "Well it isn't obvious to me."
Sherlock Holmes: "The world is full of obvious things that nobody notices."
More topics from this board...
MP playersSkeith666212/12 3:23PM