Is this worth picking up?

#1manmon_7Posted 12/22/2012 3:13:37 PM
I've been itching to try this game out, and I wait for it to go on sale every Steam sale to see if it will fall below $10. The Legendary Edition is $5 and this one is $15. Is it worth the extra ten for the new version? Or is it even worth buying at all?

I've heard very mixed things about the AI cheating with dice rolls and overpowered characters and whatnot (I don't know anything about the game, so my knowledge on that stuff is pretty little). I'd imagine there are some kind of mods that you can download somewhere that could either fix the AI die rolls or characters.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
---
GT: manmon
I don't have an ego, I just love how awesome I am
#2HosedAndHappyPosted 12/22/2012 8:56:41 PM
Buy it.
---
I know it's pretty damn weird to eat people.
#3abyssPosted 12/25/2012 7:41:34 PM
Most of the complaints are from people who likely don't understand the game, or otherwise think that 'luck' shouldn't exist for the opponent.

The biggest problem with the game is that it pretty much assumes you know how to play Blood Bowl, and it doesn't hold your hand at all. In fact, you'll pretty much be sent straight up against opposing teams that have better skills than you - which isn't really a problem for someone that understand the game, but it's a nightmare for a new player.

As such, I'd probably only recommend it if you're willing to put in the time to learn the game, or you've got someone that can teach you. Otherwise, you'll probably be yet another person complaining about the game cheating etc.

As for Legendary versus Chaos, I'd probably recommend Legendary. Chaos doesn't really add that much, for a new player. The main draw is three new teams, but none of them are really newbie friendly, and Legendary edition already has plenty of teams.
#4anonymous46773Posted 1/17/2013 10:35:00 AM
There isn't that much of a difference between this and the Legendary edition. This version added a few more races and, like, a new game mode. That's about it. Everything else is the same. If you're not already really big into Blood Bowl, I'd recommend just going with the Legendary edition.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.